So Palin Doesn't Believe in Evolution...

I don't make anything up. A gallup poll conducted in Feb. of this year came up with those figures. Don't beleive me? Then google it yourself or stay ignorant, either way you're still an idiot.

And in the same poll, only 25 percent expressed a belief in creationism.

The topic isn't about creationism. But nice deflection.

Weak. If you're going to criticize something by saying "only four in ten Americans believe it", it doesn't help your argument that your proposed alternative has even less public support.

It's not her disbelief in evolution that makes her a laughable choice for president; it's her record of quitting and being batshit retarded that sinks her boat. Hell, woman can't live on talking points alone!

I don't make anything up. A gallup poll conducted in Feb. of this year came up with those figures.
Which you proceeded to misuse.
You used the number 40% believe to support the conclusion that 60% don't believe. That is glaringly obvious from your response to my challenge. Had I merely misinterpreted what you intended to say you would not have resorted to calling me names.
Had you gone with 25% don't believe in evolution you might have had a bit more credibility, as it stands you are an embarrassment to Texans.

Weak. If you're going to criticize something by saying "only four in ten Americans believe it", it doesn't help your argument that your proposed alternative has even less public support.

Yes your deflection attempt was very weak. I didn't criticize anyone or anything, I stated a fact that only four out of ten Americans believed in evolution according to the latest gallup poll. An alternative was never proposed, until your feeble attempt.

Gov. Palin doesn't believe in evolution and, like Bush, is a Christian. I know the left will cry that her beliefs is a threat to liberty and the separation of church and state but look at the first amendment and it starts out with "Congress shall pass no law...". This specifically refers to the actions that the congress can't do and that is pass a law respecting the establishment of a religion or....(you know the rest).

Her expressing her religious beliefs is not passing a law that would bind anyone into obedience to her faith which frees anyone to have disagreeing beliefs. However, the left seems not to realize this and thinks that the personality of the president somehow influences the citizen in such a way that has almost as much power as legal law which is why they decry "separation of church and state" over the idea that a president can have or even express religious beliefs that they themselves may not want to embrace.

Does this not say something about the mentality of our political thinking where the will and personality of the leader becomes as powerful as any law that is passed?

Yeah, it says that we live in a celebrity society, where we think everything should be like tabloid coverage of Paris Hilton.

Only four out of ten Americans believe in evolution.

Link please. That sounds wayyyyyy too low.

This link shows that ~25% of Americans are college grads
Education in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll bet that even some Evangelicals believe in evolution.

Only 22% of Americans can be considered Evangelical, so that 40% number looks like bullshit.
U.S. Evangelicals: How Many Walk the Walk?

My experience is that many evangelicals don't care enough to think about it one way or the other. It's not like believing in evolution is a requirement for anything other than impressing leftists.

I don't recall anyone proposing any alternatives.

Gov. Palin doesn't believe in evolution and, like Bush, is a Christian. I know the left will cry that her beliefs is a threat to liberty and the separation of church and state but look at the first amendment and it starts out with "Congress shall pass no law...". This specifically refers to the actions that the congress can't do and that is pass a law respecting the establishment of a religion or....(you know the rest).

Her expressing her religious beliefs is not passing a law that would bind anyone into obedience to her faith which frees anyone to have disagreeing beliefs. However, the left seems not to realize this and thinks that the personality of the president somehow influences the citizen in such a way that has almost as much power as legal law which is why they decry "separation of church and state" over the idea that a president can have or even express religious beliefs that they themselves may not want to embrace.

Does this not say something about the mentality of our political thinking where the will and personality of the leader becomes as powerful as any law that is passed?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
1. If a presidential candidate believes in "creationism" does that disqualify him/her? Assuming that you're right about Palin, and I think Huckabee.

2. If a candidate is a Mormon or Jewish or Muslim or Catholic, does that disqualify them? They all have different beliefs.

3. If a candidate is pro-life, does that disqualify them?

4. If a candidate attends church regularly, does that disqualify them?

5. If a candidate is an atheist, does that disqualify them?

6. Are you making the case that anyone who believes in creationism is obviously backward and stupid, and not capable to be president??

You look at one belief and try to magnify its significance. Yet you do not make any case for how it would affect their handling the office of President.

Do you remember all the hoopla about Bush's "God Bless You" that the left made? Do you remember the tears streaming down from their face and crying "Separation of church and state" or "They are tying to turn us into a christian nation"? I could not figure out why all pain and anger there was when no law was being proposed that would inhibit someone's ability to believe whatever they want yet the very will, beliefs, and personality of the president can somehow shape people by the presidents aura.

The point I was trying to make is that half this country seems to believe that the president is a cult figure (aka Obama) by default and whatever personality that president has somehow shapes our own individual personality. In reality, it doesn't matter what the president believes because any one of us can have disagreeing beliefs with that person and our society will still function normally.

The issue isn't a First Amendment one. It's an issue of competence. I don't consider anyone who thinks the world is about to explode and is trying to make that happen to align with their beliefs to be competent.

And yet a guy who hangs around with domestic terrorist is competent....

Anyways, You can always challenge that policy that will align itself with Earth's explosion but the fact that she is a very devout christian apparently is not policy. Its her own beliefs and if she creates a policy based on that belief that you don't agree with then you can be upset about because its laws and not personality that rules the nation.

Last edited:
The problem with any politician publicly stating they don't believe in a fact is that it makes the politician look uneducated and narrow minded. Evolution is a fact, you can believe a gawd was the cause of it, but the artifacts and the biology and research of today rests on it being scientific fact.

The Short Proof of Evolution

NCSE | National Center for Science Education - Defending the Teaching of Evolution in Public Schools.

Science is not facts because a fact is an unalterable piece of information such as a rock has weight. That is unalterable no matter what new information is presented. Evolution is a theory and a very good theory about the origin of species but as new information is learned it might alter and improve that theory over time.

This thread is less about evolution but more about a certain attitude that pervades the left...

Last edited:
The problem with any politician publicly stating they don't believe in a fact is that it makes the politician look uneducated and narrow minded. Evolution is a fact, you can believe a gawd was the cause of it, but the artifacts and the biology and research of today rests on it being scientific fact.

The Short Proof of Evolution

NCSE | National Center for Science Education - Defending the Teaching of Evolution in Public Schools.

Someone needs to define the word "proof" for you twerps. It's apparently right up there with "is" on the list of words y'all can't figure out. Here's a hint: a long-winded diatribe about "now we must assume THUS, so logically THAT must be the case" is not proof.

The issue isn't a First Amendment one. It's an issue of competence. I don't consider anyone who thinks the world is about to explode and is trying to make that happen to align with their beliefs to be competent.

Anyways, You can always challenge that policy that will align itself with Earth's explosion but the fact that she is a very devout christian apparently is not policy. Its her own beliefs and if she creates a policy based on that belief that you don't agree with then you can be upset about because its laws and not personality that rules the nation.

It is when she uses her faith as a basis of the policies she pursues.

If she is so stupid as to not believe in evolution she should only be a candidate for president of her church bake sale committee.

She is a Christian and therefore a creationist, as am I, however if you have ever read " What's so great about Christianity," he ties in evolution to christianity. Palin's father is a science teacher, evolution and being a Christian can and does go together, depending on your views. I personally don't beleive we came from Apes and neither does she.

Maybe, you are still one of the Apes that have not yet evolved.:lol::lol:

She does not use her faith to promote any policies, in fact, name the time she has done that. Obama professes to be a Christian, so does Bush, Clinton, and the rest of our leaders, how is it that you are not critical of that fact. They all go to church are they creationists? Probably, otherwise why bother to go to church.

She does not use her faith to promote any policies, in fact, name the time she has done that. Obama professes to be a Christian, so does Bush, Clinton, and the rest of our leaders, how is it that you are not critical of that fact. They all go to church are they creationists? Probably, otherwise why bother to go to church.

She has said herself that the only national flag in her office which she was governor was an Israeli flag. She's constantly promoted a philosophy that all Jews should return to Israel (in her hopes they'll be wiped out by a massive fireball).

She has said herself that the only national flag in her office which she was governor was an Israeli flag. She's constantly promoted a philosophy that all Jews should return to Israel (in her hopes they'll be wiped out by a massive fireball).

Good Grief, you freggin idiot, where the hell did you get that nonsense. Post a link and provide some proof to that outrageous statement.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You have just won the FIRST place prize which includes a 1st class membership into ( The nit wit liberal loon nut club) Please submit a recent photo of yourself so we can all see what STUPID looks like.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Good Grief, you freggin idiot, where the hell did you get that nonsense. Post a link and provide some proof to that outrageous statement.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You have just won the FIRST place prize which includes a 1st class membership into ( The nit wit liberal loon nut club) Please submit a recent photo of yourself so we can all see what STUPID looks like.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Palin on settlements: Jews ‘flocking’ to Israel need a place to live | Capital J | JTA - Jewish & Israel News

Except that currently, the rate of immigration is very low. Why does she expect a huge exodus? Because she thinks the world is about to get consumed by a huge fireball.

Forum List

Back