So Palin Doesn't Believe in Evolution...

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
Gov. Palin doesn't believe in evolution and, like Bush, is a Christian. I know the left will cry that her beliefs is a threat to liberty and the separation of church and state but look at the first amendment and it starts out with "Congress shall pass no law...". This specifically refers to the actions that the congress can't do and that is pass a law respecting the establishment of a religion or....(you know the rest).

Her expressing her religious beliefs is not passing a law that would bind anyone into obedience to her faith which frees anyone to have disagreeing beliefs. However, the left seems not to realize this and thinks that the personality of the president somehow influences the citizen in such a way that has almost as much power as legal law which is why they decry "separation of church and state" over the idea that a president can have or even express religious beliefs that they themselves may not want to embrace.

Does this not say something about the mentality of our political thinking where the will and personality of the leader becomes as powerful as any law that is passed?

Last edited:
Gov. Palin doesn't believe in evolution and, like Bush, is a Christian. I know the left will cry that her beliefs is a threat to liberty and the separation of church and state but look at the first amendment and it starts out with "Congress shall pass no law...". This specifically refers to the actions that the congress can't do and that is pass a law respecting the establishment of a religion or....(you know the rest).

Her expressing her religious beliefs is not passing a law that would bind anyone into obedience to her faith which frees anyone to have disagreeing beliefs. However, the left seems not to realize this and thinks that the personality of the president somehow influences the citizen in such a way that has almost as much power as legal law which is why they decry "separation of church and state" over the idea that a president can have or even express religious beliefs that they themselves may not want to embrace.

Does this not say something about the mentality of our political thinking where the will and personality of the leader becomes as powerful as any law that is passed?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
1. If a presidential candidate believes in "creationism" does that disqualify him/her? Assuming that you're right about Palin, and I think Huckabee.

2. If a candidate is a Mormon or Jewish or Muslim or Catholic, does that disqualify them? They all have different beliefs.

3. If a candidate is pro-life, does that disqualify them?

4. If a candidate attends church regularly, does that disqualify them?

5. If a candidate is an atheist, does that disqualify them?

6. Are you making the case that anyone who believes in creationism is obviously backward and stupid, and not capable to be president??

You look at one belief and try to magnify its significance. Yet you do not make any case for how it would affect their handling the office of President.

if you don't believe in evolution you should have no position of power because you have the brains of a 3 year old. evolution is proven. if you want to argue how life started on earth then that is a different thing.

Only four out of ten Americans believe in evolution.
Because only the popular position can possibly be right.

I heard that 80% of statistics are made up on the spot, but I believe the person telling me just pulled that number out of the air (or wherever).

Evolution is misrepresented in schools.
Politicians' viewpoints are misrepresented by the media.
Politicians claim positions they don't support to get elected.

I wonder what the truth is in this case?

if you don't believe in evolution you should have no position of power because you have the brains of a 3 year old. evolution is proven. if you want to argue how life started on earth then that is a different thing.

Show me the proof.

I heard that 80% of statistics are made up on the spot, but I believe the person telling me just pulled that number out of the air (or wherever).

I don't make anything up. A gallup poll conducted in Feb. of this year came up with those figures. Don't beleive me? Then google it yourself or stay ignorant, either way you're still an idiot.

The issue isn't a First Amendment one. It's an issue of competence. I don't consider anyone who thinks the world is about to explode and is trying to make that happen to align with their beliefs to be competent.

Last edited:

The issue isn't a First Amendment one. It's an issue of competence. I don't consider anyone who thinks the world is about to explode and is trying to make that happen to align with their beliefs to be competent.

Who" thinks the world is about to explode and is trying to make that happen"?

I don't make anything up. A gallup poll conducted in Feb. of this year came up with those figures. Don't beleive me? Then google it yourself or stay ignorant, either way you're still an idiot.

And in the same poll, only 25 percent expressed a belief in creationism.

And in the same poll, only 25 percent expressed a belief in creationism.

The topic isn't about creationism. But nice deflection.

Link please. That sounds wayyyyyy too low.

This link shows that ~25% of Americans are college grads
Education in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll bet that even some Evangelicals believe in evolution.

Wikipedia? Really? Wikipedia? You fail!!

DUH...your source is??

Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management was the source I referred to.

Forum List

Back