So in a million years, the progeny of this minnow could evolve into...

...a fucking elephant, right? Call me crazy, but I would have figured that this minnow's progeny would just make more minnows. Of course, I'm not the scientific genius that many of you are.

mud-minnow-1.jpg

dscf9183.jpg
Nobody scientist would ever think such a thing. Every time you open your mouth about evolution, you say something stupid and false. When are you going to get it through your head that you know less than nothing about evolution, and really should go educate yourself before ever opening your mouth about it again?

With the right environmental forcing maybe over 200 million years...3 million years that fish could have some adaptions from natural selection like changing color, getting larger or any number of things.
Yep. And it will still be a minnow. Kind after kind. As your God has spoken, so shall it be.

With the right environmental forcing maybe over 200 million years...3 million years that fish could have some adaptions from natural selection like changing color, getting larger or any number of things.
Yep. And it will still be a minnow. Kind after kind. As your God has spoken, so shall it be.
No, it will not still be a minnow. It will be a different species, unable to breed with the minnow in that picture. You guys are saying things that a 9-year old would say on the first day of science class.

No, it will not still be a minnow. It will be a different species, unable to breed with the minnow in that picture. You guys are saying things that a 9-year old would say on the first day of science class.
The tactic of the ignorant. Cats ALWAYS produce cats. Dogs ALWAYS produce dogs. Wishing changes nothing.

The tactic of the ignorant. Cats ALWAYS produce cats. Dogs ALWAYS produce dogs. Wishing changes nothing.
You clearly know less than nothing about this topic, and you should probably stop posting about it.

throughout human history, there has not been a single species that was observed "evolving" into something else. They have bred to be larger or smaller, or to have slightly different coloring, but the species never change. And never will. And never have.

But doesn't this "Evolution" thing make a nice theory? Except for where it doesn't.
That's not accurate. We have observed speciation.

Second, it's an absurd demand that we "see" lots of speciation in nature. That generally takes a lot of time. So, instead, we have fossils, showing what past species look like.

Wolves just appeared in the fossil record recently. Where did they come from?

The fossils showing species very similar to wolves, which also just appeared in the fossil record just before wolves, and then were gone before wolves...where did they go? And where did THEY come from?

Mammals were here before flowers. But leafy plants have been around longer than mammals. Where did the flowering plants come from?

Last edited:
throughout human history, there has not been a single species that was observed "evolving" into something else. They have bred to be larger or smaller, or to have slightly different coloring, but the species never change. And never will. And never have.

But doesn't this "Evolution" thing make a nice theory? Except for where it doesn't.

Second, it's an absurd demand that we "see" lots of speciation in nature. That generally takes a lot of time. So, instead, we have fossils, showing what past species look like.

The fossils showing species very similar to wolves, which also just appeared in the fossil record just before wolves, and then were gone before wolves...where did they go? And where did THEY come from?

Mammals were here before flowers. But leafy plants have been around longer than mammals. Where did the flowering plants come from?

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...emory-and-learning-centers-found-only-insects

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...emory-and-learning-centers-found-only-insects
Cool.

...a fucking elephant, right? Call me crazy, but I would have figured that this minnow's progeny would just make more minnows. Of course, I'm not the scientific genius that many of you are.

mud-minnow-1.jpg

dscf9183.jpg
Well they both have an internal skeleton of bones, skull, backbone, ribs, limbs, eyes, teeth, similar internal organs, etc.

Do you think it is just a coincidence ??

Either way, whether Darwinian Evolution or Intelligent Design, it is quite miraculous and wondrous.

Your problem however is that you are confusing religion and science.

You should read philosophy instead.

Philosophy will make you smarter ... maybe.

And maybe not !!

Alright, let's explore the evolution of the elephant. I found this page as a reference. Let's work with this. Just let me know if you have one that's better.

Elephant Evolution

For starters, it seems a million years is probably not nearly a sufficient time span, based on this site.

They have the "Trilophodon" listed as a predecessor to the modern African elephant.

gomphotherium4.jpg

That looks doable, I guess. If they did genetic testing on the bones of one of these, I wonder how close it is, genetically, to the modern elephant.

Prior to that we have a
Deinotherium

latest

Then a
Platybelodon

mouth-174647a1aab71cfa11f8fc45ab6c7f2e21ef5952-s900-c85.jpg

Mastadons

94701-034-C54CC2BA.jpg

Maybe I've got it backwards. It doesn't matter. What I'd like to see is what it was that came before all these guys. Can anyone show me? Thanks in advance.
Where do you think they came from? Thanks in advance.

See if your hypothesis doesn't hold up to scientific scrutiny you can't use it. You can't tell us you believe God poofed land creatures into existence then mock our scientific evidence of what most likely happened

I haven't mocked anything.

Incidentally, I don't think evolution confirms or rules out a creator. A creator certainly could have chosen to use evolution as a tool to "create" all the various life forms on Earth.
The most prominent of our forefathers in establishing this nation were Diests. They believed in a God, but believed that it has created the universe, and the rules of the universe, and then let the universe and all in it, develop as the rules dictate. There are many scientists that believe in a diety, but also believe what the evidence points out.

That was written by Catherine Faber, a Phd Biologist.

It's ok to believe in a creator as long as you don't tell us it's a fact and it visited you and told you ten rules and is sending us non believers to hell

Evolution doesn't touch how the universe originated nor how life was created. I know you're an ABG cultist.

Hmmm, wrong. The inevitable conclusion of evolution is that life evolved from inanimate matter. It didn't require a creator.

Forum List

Back