Evolution - Useful or Useless?

It is the conversation topic of science. Serves no real purpose other then that.

• Banned
Evolution is the only theory with any real evidence or data supporting it.

Everything else is faith.

Wake me when you publish in a research paper. ;) I respect your faith man I really do but lets be honest.
Quit deflecting. This is not about whether or not evolution is true. I asked the question...What use is it? I say it's completely useless. It makes no predictions. It has done nothing to further scientific understanding. In fact, it has done great harm. You'd know this if you had bothered to read the article I posted. Why don't you do that now? Then we can discuss what was actually said, like rational adults.

• Banned
And evolution and the big big bang doesn't mean there's no god.

God over the past 150 years has been discovered to be about 1,000,000 times bigger and more impressive within my opinion.
More deflection. Answer the question. What good is evolution? What has it done for science?

". . . chance is at the root of the whole edifice of evolution. It is an entirely blind process . . . no end in sight. Pure trial and error as a problem-solving device is useless in every field of human endeavor." biomolecular chemist Dr. Michael Denton.

Evolution - Useful or Useless? | The Institute for Creation Research
If you wish to delude yourself that there is not a higher being, that we and everything around is a byproduct of an explosion and atoms for some reason think hanging around in our bodies for a few decades if fun, then yes. Evolution is beneficial.

• Banned
". . . chance is at the root of the whole edifice of evolution. It is an entirely blind process . . . no end in sight. Pure trial and error as a problem-solving device is useless in every field of human endeavor." biomolecular chemist Dr. Michael Denton.

If you wish to delude yourself that there is not a higher being, that we and everything around is a byproduct of an explosion and atoms for some reason think hanging around in our bodies for a few decades if fun, then yes. Evolution is beneficial.
If Darwin had never lived and had never come up with the theory of evolution, Nothing, as far as science goes, would have changed.

Wake me when you publish in a research paper. ;) I respect your faith man I really do but lets be honest.
Quit deflecting. This is not about whether or not evolution is true. I asked the question...What use is it? I say it's completely useless. It makes no predictions. It has done nothing to further scientific understanding. In fact, it has done great harm. You'd know this if you had bothered to read the article I posted. Why don't you do that now? Then we can discuss what was actually said, like rational adults.
Fuck, you are one dumb bastard. Before posting your abysmal ignorance for the whole world to see, why don't you actually read something that explains how we use the understanding of evolution in the fields of biology and medicine? Evolution is not only the most robust of all scientific theories, but the insights it has given us is used in many areas of science.

Evolution is not blind. Nor is it chance.

Evolution is random mutation and other processes acted upon by non-random selection.

The fact that evolution uses trial & error is further proof of no creator. Evolution has no intelligence nor is it a human endeavor.

Evolution can explain these by trial and error

22 Strange Animals You Probably Didn’t Know Exist

How about Intelligent Design?

If Darwin had never lived and had never come up with the theory of evolution, Nothing, as far as science goes, would have changed.
Know nothing of history eh?

Alfred Russel Wallace - Wikipedia

Thomas Malthus

Evolution - Useful or Useless?

Now for the actual question, ignoring the nonsense link. Evolution is useful for explaining the past. As far as predicting the future, it fails, but that is not its function.

Dr Skell wrote, “It is our knowledge of how these organisms actually operate, not speculations about how they may have arisen millions of years ago, that is essential to doctors, veterinarians, farmers … .”10 Evolution actually hinders medical discovery.

Does evolutionary theory provide any useful scientific benefit?

This link has points where evolution actually got in the way of prediction.

Fuck, you are one dumb bastard. Before posting your abysmal ignorance for the whole world to see, why don't you actually read something that explains how we use the understanding of evolution in the fields of biology and medicine? Evolution is not only the most robust of all scientific theories, but the insights it has given us is used in many areas of science.
Give me one example.

Evolution is a FACT
God is a theory
How can evolution be a fact when there are absolutely no facts to support it? Also, once again, this thread is not about evolution being true or not. I'm asking what use is it? No one has answered yet. WOuld you care to try?

Evolution is a FACT
God is a theory
How can evolution be a fact when there are absolutely no facts to support it? Also, once again, this thread is not about evolution being true or not. I'm asking what use is it? No one has answered yet. WOuld you care to try?

Evolution occurs....There is biological, fossil and DNA evidence to prove it
There is no scientific evidence of God

Evolution is a FACT
God is a theory

Yadda yadda yadda. I don't care. What is up with your lack of reading comprehension? Read the OP again. Maybe then, you just might be able to converse intelligibly.

Evolution is a FACT
God is a theory

Yadda yadda yadda. I don't care. What is up with your lack of reading comprehension? Read the OP again. Maybe then, you just might be able to converse intelligibly.
Um...let's see if we can answer your stupid question

Yes, Evolution is useful

Forum List

Back