So in a million years, the progeny of this minnow could evolve into...

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
...a fucking elephant, right? Call me crazy, but I would have figured that this minnow's progeny would just make more minnows. Of course, I'm not the scientific genius that many of you are.

mud-minnow-1.jpg

dscf9183.jpg

If you were to go back sufficiently in time to find the minnow that would evolve into an elephant, it might look much like a minnow, but it's DNA would be that of the elephant it would someday become.

throughout human history, there has not been a single species that was observed "evolving" into something else. They have bred to be larger or smaller, or to have slightly different coloring, but the species never change. And never will. And never have.

But doesn't this "Evolution" thing make a nice theory? Except for where it doesn't.

throughout human history, there has not been a single species that was observed "evolving" into something else. They have bred to be larger or smaller, or to have slightly different coloring, but the species never change. And never will. And never have.

But doesn't this "Evolution" thing make a nice theory? Except for where it doesn't.

It is one of the soundest theories of all of science. Modern genomics is proving it daily. You and the chimpanzee have evolved from a common ancestor that lived six or seven million years ago. You are descended from an hairy apelike creature, not Adam and Eve,

And the minnow and elephant have a common ancestor if you go back far enough. Both have evolved from a primordial vertebrate. The proof lies in the commonality of their DNA.

Last edited:
...a fucking elephant, right? Call me crazy, but I would have figured that this minnow's progeny would just make more minnows. Of course, I'm not the scientific genius that many of you are.

mud-minnow-1.jpg

dscf9183.jpg

With the right environmental forcing maybe over 200 million years...3 million years that fish could have some adaptions from natural selection like changing color, getting larger or any number of things.

Why do you put your faith ahead of thousands of research papers and hundreds of years of hard work?

mud-minnow-1.jpg

dscf9183.jpg

With the right environmental forcing maybe over 200 million years...3 million years that fish could have some adaptions from natural selection like changing color, getting larger or any number of things.

Why do you put your faith ahead of thousands of research papers and hundreds of years of hard work?

Can you show me an example of where this has occurred already?

mud-minnow-1.jpg

dscf9183.jpg
You are crazy, you fucking ignorant ass. No use in trying to show you the reality of how evolution works, because you value your precious ignorance above all else.

mud-minnow-1.jpg

dscf9183.jpg
You are crazy, you fucking ignorant ass. No use in trying to show you the reality of how evolution works, because you value your precious ignorance above all else.

LOL. Are you k*nt hurt again?

mud-minnow-1.jpg

dscf9183.jpg

Planet Earth, you dumb ass. The fossil record gives us a very good history of the evolution of life here on Earth, from the time of single celled life to the present.

mud-minnow-1.jpg

dscf9183.jpg

Planet Earth, you dumb ass. The fossil record gives us a very good history of the evolution of life here on Earth, from the time of single celled life to the present.

Awesome. Would you like to show me the evolution of a creature over a million years, stage by stage? It's been observed and proven via the fossil records, right? So, where is it?

Alright, let's explore the evolution of the elephant. I found this page as a reference. Let's work with this. Just let me know if you have one that's better.

Elephant Evolution

For starters, it seems a million years is probably not nearly a sufficient time span, based on this site.

They have the "Trilophodon" listed as a predecessor to the modern African elephant.

gomphotherium4.jpg

That looks doable, I guess. If they did genetic testing on the bones of one of these, I wonder how close it is, genetically, to the modern elephant.

Prior to that we have a
Deinotherium

latest

Then a
Platybelodon

mouth-174647a1aab71cfa11f8fc45ab6c7f2e21ef5952-s900-c85.jpg

Mastadons

94701-034-C54CC2BA.jpg

Maybe I've got it backwards. It doesn't matter. What I'd like to see is what it was that came before all these guys. Can anyone show me? Thanks in advance.

mud-minnow-1.jpg

dscf9183.jpg
Maybe a billion years.

Compare a whale to the elephant. Why do whales breath air?

mud-minnow-1.jpg

dscf9183.jpg
Maybe a billion years.

Compare a whale to the elephant. Why do whales breath air?

That could be. Is there archaeological evidence of such a relationship?

Alright, let's explore the evolution of the elephant. I found this page as a reference. Let's work with this. Just let me know if you have one that's better.

Elephant Evolution

For starters, it seems a million years is probably not nearly a sufficient time span, based on this site.

They have the "Trilophodon" listed as a predecessor to the modern African elephant.

gomphotherium4.jpg

That looks doable, I guess. If they did genetic testing on the bones of one of these, I wonder how close it is, genetically, to the modern elephant.

Prior to that we have a
Deinotherium

latest

Then a
Platybelodon

mouth-174647a1aab71cfa11f8fc45ab6c7f2e21ef5952-s900-c85.jpg

Mastadons

94701-034-C54CC2BA.jpg

Maybe I've got it backwards. It doesn't matter. What I'd like to see is what it was that came before all these guys. Can anyone show me? Thanks in advance.
Where do you think they came from? Thanks in advance.

See if your hypothesis doesn't hold up to scientific scrutiny you can't use it. You can't tell us you believe God poofed land creatures into existence then mock our scientific evidence of what most likely happened

Forum List

Back