So heroic!...Raiders’ Carl Nassib comes out as gay in historic NFL moment

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Carl Nassib on Monday became the first active NFL player to come out as gay.

“What’s up people,” Nassib said in a video posted to Instagram on Monday. “I’m at my house in West Chester, Pennsylvania. I just wanted to take a quick moment to say that I’m gay. I’ve been meaning to do this for a while now but finally feel comfortable getting it off my chest. I really have the best life, the best family, friends and job a guy can ask for.

“I’m a pretty private person so I hope you guys know that I’m not doing this for attention. I just think that representation and visibility are so important. I actually hope that one day, videos like this and the whole coming out process are not necessary, but until then I will do my best and my part to cultivate a culture that’s accepting and compassionate and I’m going to start by donating $100,000 to the Trevor Project. They’re an incredible organization, they’re the number one suicide-prevention service for LGBTQ youth in America.”

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

NFL%20Football%20Fans%20Finger%20Flip%20Branco%20Cartoon.jpg

09t5pXh8_400x400.jpg

.@Raiders DE Carl Nassib announced today that he’s gay. He also shared he's donating $100,000 to the @TrevorProject, a suicide prevention organization for LGBTQ youth.

The NFL family is proud of you, Carl. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/HXbcBuLg2X— NFL (@NFL) June 21, 2021
Another reason to watch fishing!

Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Carl Nassib on Monday became the first active NFL player to come out as gay.

“What’s up people,” Nassib said in a video posted to Instagram on Monday. “I’m at my house in West Chester, Pennsylvania. I just wanted to take a quick moment to say that I’m gay. I’ve been meaning to do this for a while now but finally feel comfortable getting it off my chest. I really have the best life, the best family, friends and job a guy can ask for.

“I’m a pretty private person so I hope you guys know that I’m not doing this for attention. I just think that representation and visibility are so important. I actually hope that one day, videos like this and the whole coming out process are not necessary, but until then I will do my best and my part to cultivate a culture that’s accepting and compassionate and I’m going to start by donating $100,000 to the Trevor Project. They’re an incredible organization, they’re the number one suicide-prevention service for LGBTQ youth in America.”

09t5pXh8_400x400.jpg

.@Raiders DE Carl Nassib announced today that he’s gay. He also shared he's donating $100,000 to the @TrevorProject, a suicide prevention organization for LGBTQ youth.

The NFL family is proud of you, Carl. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/HXbcBuLg2X— NFL (@NFL) June 21, 2021
James cordon said in order to become famous you have to change who you really are and become someone else. Actually I think Jim Carrey said it. Anyways, at some point you become financially secure enough that you have to make a choice. Do you continue to be who you are not or do you reveal your true self.

Regardless of if you’re trying to become ceo, a famous leading actor, singer, athlete. Until you are financially secure shut your mouth abou your politics or sexual orientation. Don’t do anything to jeopardize your career. Once you have enough money, come out.

I hope he has enough money that he doesn’t need to work again the rest of his life. That way if he suddenly gets cut because no one wants to play with him he won’t go broke.

09t5pXh8_400x400.jpg

The bigoted right’s obsession with sexual orientation is pathological.

09t5pXh8_400x400.jpg

You can say that again! But this is only one part of their obsession with all things sexual that involve anyone other than a heterosexual white male "conservative," who is somehow entitled by birth to lecture us all about "morality" and "religion" while doing anything he damned well pleases.

Good for him. Ballsy to be the first one through the door.
I'm sure it was a very tough personal decision for him, but in this day and age is it really such a big deal? This is not the 1980s. No doubt in the coming days many players will make statements supporting him. As long as he can play well he will have a job in the NFL. When he can no longer play well, that will be that. Just like every other player.

Am I supposed to care ?

Atleast he doing some good ..most of the left won't even acknowledge the suicide rate among confused teens

They also never acknowledge that youngsters who transition never received any push back at all...only encouraged to make a yuge mistake that most regret

09t5pXh8_400x400.jpg

The bigoted lefts obsession with classifying people by sexual orientation, race, gender, religion, is pathological.

It might not mean anything to you, but it might mean something to gay players in other levels of football. I don't care one way or other b/c my only concern is about brining home more rings to Pittsburgh.

It might not mean anything to you, but it might mean something to gay players in other levels of football. I don't care one way or other b/c my only concern is about brining home more rings to Pittsburgh.
Indeed... we need 10 rings to make it even!!

• Funny
Reactions: mdk
I never understood peoples need to proclaim themselves to be gay. It seems like something that would be better kept within ones inner circle of friends and family. Most people just won't give a fuck about this. Then again, maybe he's just trying to put his name out there on the rainbow dating circuit.

Remind me, which team you favor? I think you're a Colts fan, but I'm not certain.

I never understood peoples need to proclaim themselves to be gay. It seems like something that would be better kept within ones inner circle of friends and family. Most people just won't give a fuck about this. Then again, maybe he's just trying to put his name out there on the rainbow dating circuit.
I second this. The only thing that I can commend him for is his being honest about himself because in my opinion being dishonest may only dig an even deeper hole for a person.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Remind me, which team you favor? I think you're a Colts fan, but I'm not certain.
Steelers!... my whole life.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Forum List

Back