SlutWalks Sweep The Nation

He was shit faced (and apparently not too bright) and simply misinterpretted it.

Again, I'm not suggesting that is any sort of valid excuse. I'm simply saying that he was in no way motivated by an urge for violence.

It's motivated by the urge to bang someone. The violence takes over when the answer is no

Again, I agree. If he continued anyway after becoming aware that the answer is no, that would be violent. But that's not how it played out, apparently much to your chagrin. I guess you would've preferred he went through with it since then you wouldn't have to deal with having your preconceived notions challenged.

No more then you having to deal with yours. One of the things you don't seem to get with your example is that id did not in fact rape her. You say yourself, anything after the fact of his coming to understand the situation would have been an act of violence.

No more then you having to deal with yours. One of the things you don't seem to get with your example is that id did not in fact rape her. You say yourself, anything after the fact of his coming to understand the situation would have been an act of violence.

Right. But what if the "no" never registered?

The way she tells it, he was mere moments away from penetration.

It would still be wrong. It would still be rape. And yes the act itself could be argued to be 'violent'. But to say that he was motivated by violence and not sex would still be absurd.

I'm fascinated with your big stance here in defense of rapists as not always violent, yet those who disagree could be somehow "dangerous". :doubt:

And I'm fascinated by your disingenuous mischaractarization of my position.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

:eusa_liar: What exactly did I misrepresent............?

Men who are not violent do not sexually violate women.

I agree with this generally speaking.

But the insistance that there are no exceptions is naive at best and willfully retarded and dangerous at worst.

tsk, tsk... Always with such violent outbursts... :eusa_naughty:

manifold said:
Hi, you have received -39 reputation points from manifold.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
all of it skippy :thup:

Regards,
manifold

Note: This is an automated message.

What exactly did I misrepresent............?

apparently, someone thinks men are children who are incapable of controlling themselves in the face of provocatively dressed women.

if it were about sex and not about violence, strippers would get raped all the time.

NO ONE can force you to victimize someone else. Being VICTIMIZED is not the fault of the victim. It is the fault of the VICTIMIZER.

maybe he's confused.

I guess if you think a neg rep is violent then of course rape always would be, without exception.

Do you feel violated? :lol:

I guess if you think a neg rep is violent then of course rape always would be, without exception.

by the neg? no. i just think your math skills are defective.

and i think you're a putz who could have easily responded to my post.

true story.

I wasn't talking to you.

But I'll take your assumption that I was as nice little bonus. :cool:

What exactly did I misrepresent............?

apparently, someone thinks men are children who are incapable of controlling themselves in the face of provocatively dressed women.

if it were about sex and not about violence, strippers would get raped all the time.

NO ONE can force you to victimize someone else. Being VICTIMIZED is not the fault of the victim. It is the fault of the VICTIMIZER.

maybe he's confused.

Lets not forget the 90 year old women in retirement homes.

As an aside, does it bother any of you ladies that the Ravi guy who filmed his fag roommate having sex may very well get a longer prison sentence than many violent rapists and child molesters?

true story.

I wasn't talking to you.

don't get carried away with yourself. it was purely a function of you posting after me without referencing the post you were quoting. :thup:

As an aside, does it bother any of you ladies that the Ravi guy who filmed his fag roommate having sex may very well get a longer prison sentence than many violent rapists and child molesters?

What do you think? The legal system (notice i do not say justice system) is far to easy on rapists/child molesters.

true story.

I wasn't talking to you.

don't get carried away with yourself. it was purely a function of you posting after me without referencing the post you were quoting. :thup:

I didn't quote it, but I did reference it.

If you read for comprehension you would've figured it out.

Unless of course you typically scroll past Valerie's posts. :eek:

I wasn't talking to you.

I didn't quote it, but I did reference it.

If you read for comprehension you would've figured it out.

Unless of course you typically scroll past Valerie's posts. :eek:

That's just crazy talk! :slap:

What do you think? The legal system (notice i do not say justice system) is far to easy on rapists/child molesters.

I agree with that.

But still, I don't think filming your roommate bumping uglies without his knowledge is worth 10 years in jail either.

years ago, i sat in on a battered women's group at bedford hills correctional center (it was a road trip with a judge). those women were there because they, after years and years of abuse, had enough and killed their batterers. the legal system never protected them and then it punished them.

not a surprise. the law used to be that a man couldn't be charged with domestic violence unless the woman had three stitches or more.

He was shit faced (and apparently not too bright) and simply misinterpretted it.

Again, I'm not suggesting that is any sort of valid excuse. I'm simply saying that he was in no way motivated by an urge for violence.

It's motivated by the urge to bang someone. The violence takes over when the answer is no

Again, I agree. If he continued anyway after becoming aware that the answer is no, that would be violent. But that's not how it played out, apparently much to your chagrin. I guess you would've preferred he went through with it since then you wouldn't have to deal with having your preconceived notions challenged.
Your thinking is the fact that he regained some sense of decency, after initiating forced affection, and a rape that didn't happen justifies sometimes rape isn't violent.

If he had raped her, it would have been a violent act. As mentioned already - it was even minus the rape.

years ago, i sat in on a battered women's group at bedford hills correctional center (it was a road trip with a judge). those women were there because they, after years and years of abuse, had enough and killed their batterers. the legal system never protected them and then it punished them.

not a surprise. the law used to be that a man couldn't be charged with domestic violence unless the woman had three stitches or more.

I think we've come a long way since then. At least I hope so.

Forum List

Back