SlutWalks Sweep The Nation

A girl I know once told me a story about when she was nearly date raped.

Here is the summarized version:

She was at a party at Oregon State University and there were a lot of football players in attendence. She hit if off with one of the larger players (she said he was probably 6'6'', 280 lbs). Now bear in mind that she is 5'3" 100 lbs soaking wet. They were drinking, talking and having an all around good time enjoying each other's company and getting hammered. As it got late, they decided to go for a walk around campus. They found a quiet, secluded spot on the grass and started making out. One thing led to another and he started taking her clothes off against her attempts to stop him physically and, according to her, repeatedly asking him to stop. She said he apparently just didn't get the message and she eventually resigned herself to the fact that she was indeed about to get raped. So at that point she just mentally detached herself from the moment and sort of just laid there waiting for it to be over. It was at this point that the guy realized she wasn't into it and stopped and asked her if she was ok with this. She said no and so then he stopped and couldn't stop apologizing.

It doesn't take a wild imagination to envision how this might've ended differently. But the bottom line is that if he did in fact rape her, it would've had absolutely ZERO to do with violence.
It is violent - it is taking what is not given freely by penetration and force.

Do you view everything through a simplistic black & white lens, or just rape?

She was at a party at Oregon State University and there were a lot of football players in attendence. She hit if off with one of the larger players (she said he was probably 6'6'', 280 lbs). Now bear in mind that she is 5'3" 100 lbs soaking wet. They were drinking, talking and having an all around good time enjoying each other's company and getting hammered. As it got late, they decided to go for a walk around campus. They found a quiet, secluded spot on the grass and started making out. One thing led to another and he started taking her clothes off against her attempts to stop him physically and, according to her, repeatedly asking him to stop. She said he apparently just didn't get the message and she eventually resigned herself to the fact that she was indeed about to get raped. So at that point she just mentally detached herself from the moment and sort of just laid there waiting for it to be over. It was at this point that the guy realized she wasn't into it and stopped and asked her if she was ok with this. She said no and so then he stopped and couldn't stop apologizing.

It doesn't take a wild imagination to envision how this might've ended differently. But the bottom line is that if he did in fact rape her, it would've had absolutely ZERO to do with violence.

Oh no? I consider non consensual power plays violent. I consider non consensual sex violent.

I guess you missed the point then.

You see, up until the last moment he was under the impression that it WAS consensual.

It is violent - it is taking what is not given freely by penetration and force.

Do you view everything through a simplistic black & white lens, or just rape?
There is nothing simple about it.

The blatant stupidity of anyone pretending unwanted sex is not violent should be rep'd for the sheer fact they can breath without needing reminders.

etd: I tried to thank you for the neg, but you don't take pm's - so I will thank you publically :)

Last edited:
"One thing led to another and he started taking her clothes off against her attempts to stop him physically and, according to her, repeatedly asking him to stop. She said he apparently just didn't get the message and she eventually resigned herself to the fact that she was indeed about to get raped."

Zero to do with violence...? :cuckoo:

I never said unwanted sex is not violent.

I said it's not ONLY about violence.

But keep up the blatant stupidity, it seems to suit you. :thup:

"One thing led to another and he started taking her clothes off against her attempts to stop him physically and, according to her, repeatedly asking him to stop. She said he apparently just didn't get the message and she eventually resigned herself to the fact that she was indeed about to get raped."

Zero violence

Nice cherry pick :lol:

Zero to do with violence...? :cucYkoo:

She was a slut in that she was drinking and then went off to a secluded spot with a man.

If he had sex with her it wasn't his fault she was the one who was responsible for letting it happen.

She was a slut in that she was drinking and then went off to a secluded spot with a man.

If he had sex with her it wasn't his fault she was the one who was responsible for letting it happen.

You certainly found the right cult to convert to

tsk tsk tsk...

manfold said:
it would've had absolutely ZERO to do with violence.

Can you not distinguish between a statement about a specific incident and a generalization? Especially when said incident is presented as an exception to the generalization?

Oh wait, of course you can't, you're blatantly stupid.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Last edited:

So the man bears no responsibility, even though she said no? that is madness Sunni.:cuckoo:

Have the courage to insult people directly, huh? :lol:

VIOLATE and VIOLENT are of the same derivation... Men who are not violent do not sexually violate women.

Oh no? I consider non consensual power plays violent. I consider non consensual sex violent.

You see, up until the last moment he was under the impression that it WAS consensual.

Oh i got that part too. All i can say is good for him for taking the girl into consideration BEFORE he raped her.

He was so into himself he didn't listen or care about her.

One thing led to another and he started taking her clothes off against her attempts to stop him physically and, according to her, repeatedly asking him to stop.

Seems to me she attempted to stop him from taking her cloths off. Seems to me she asked him to stop. What part of that didn't he get?

Oh i got that part too. All i can say is good for him for taking the girl into consideration BEFORE he raped her.

One thing led to another and he started taking her clothes off against her attempts to stop him physically and, according to her, repeatedly asking him to stop.

Seems to me she attempted to stop him from taking her cloths off. Seems to me she asked him to stop. What part of that didn't he get?

Slut was drunk so I doubt her protest were very loud are forceful

So if a woman is drunk, men can just have their way with her?:eek:

He was shit faced (and apparently not too bright) and simply misinterpretted it.

Again, I'm not suggesting that is any sort of valid excuse. I'm simply saying that he was in no way motivated by an urge for violence.

So if a woman is drunk, men can just have their way with her?:eek:

Basically that's how it works in the real world.

Men who are not violent do not sexually violate women.

I agree with this generally speaking.

But the insistance that there are no exceptions is naive at best and willfully retarded and dangerous at worst.

I'm fascinated with your big stance here in defense of rapists as not always violent, yet those who disagree could be somehow "dangerous". :doubt:

Forum List

Back