That's What Friends Are For. Not.

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Fourteen-year-old cancer survivor Justine Williams thought her struggles were behind her -- until she started receiving threatening messages from the last person she would have ever suspected.

CBS Boston reports the North Andover Middle School student received text messages that said things like, "I'm going to kill your animals," and "Set a bomb off outside your house," and "I'm going to rape you." Within a month, Williams' inbox was flooded with over 90 such messages.

Concerned for their daughter's well-being, Williams' parents took the matter to police, who uncovered the culprit -- Williams' classmate and best friend.

Justine Williams, 14-Year-Old Cancer Survivor, Finds Out Cyberbully Is Best Friend
:cuckoo:

the sense of humor of today's generation boggles me.

I'm pretty sure such are in a minority, but reports about the well-behaved ones get drowned out.

Most likely deemed "Not as entertaining" by the mainstream media.

I'm not sure that's indicative of humor. The fact that it's her best friend...it's maliciousness but possibly mental illness, too. I mean, adolescents are crazy, but telling her she's going to rape her? That's just weird.

I'm not sure that's indicative of humor. The fact that it's her best friend...it's maliciousness but possibly mental illness, too. I mean, adolescents are crazy, but telling her she's going to rape her? That's just weird.

I have had incidents of adolescents sneaking up behind and screaming in my ear in an attempt to get a reaction out of me. I saw them do this to various other victims, both younger and much older.

I blamed MTV at one time since they had shows that televised doing things to strangers - yes, I suppose this is different, unless the TV program victimized friends as well (I don't have TV since they started showing this kind of crap)

I will meditate on it further -

Forum List

Back