Six Year Old

More on Richard Heene:

(MYFOX NATIONAL) - Fox News is identifying the family whose 6-year-old son got stuck in their homemade balloon as the Heene family from Fort Collins, Colo. KUSA reported that according to the family and officials, the boy got into the aircraft and untied the rope holding it in place before the balloon floated away.

A 2007 profile of Richard Heene and his family in the Denver Post lists his children as 4-year-old Falcon, 6-year-old Ryo and 7-year-old Bradford. Multiple stories report that the boy in the balloon is 6 years old.

The Denver Post writes that Richard Heene is a storm chaser, an amateur scientist and is part of a duo called the Psyience Detectives along with former TV weatherman Scott Stevens. The two began a project in which they researched how to better predict storm movements.

A blog which claims to be authored by a good friend of Richard Heene wrote on his blog, "I have known Richard for over 20 years. He is an amazingly creative human (now turned mad scientist) who insists on repeatedly proving that there is a very fine line between genius and insanity ... I could also tell you how Richard is convinced that he has found the secret of an anti-gravity device in the cyclonic action of tornadoes."

Richard Heene | Boy in Balloon

well, now my suspicious mind has kicked in. foul play? balloon a decoy? :confused:

They finally got the balloon open....

jt76kj.jpg

My first thought, and thinking like a kid might, he was scared, saw water and jumped, thinking he would survive.

Hope not.

This is probably redundant but I really hope the little bloke -as has been suggested already - is hiding out at home somewhere frightened by all the commotion.

I'm hoping for that too. I suspect he untethered the thing and got scared when it started rising, then ran off. The brother only saw it lifting off and probably just assumed his brother was inside (they both may have been climbing in and out all along).

Apparently this is one screwed up family.

12 Next The Heene family from Colorado live life on the edge. Wife Mayumi (43) and storm scientist Richard (45) take their three kids, Bradford (8), Ryo (7) and Falcon (5), out of school to go on storm chasing missions to prove Richard's theories about magnetic fields and gravity. If conditions are right, Mayumi wakes her family by shouting "Storm Approaching, Storm Approaching!" into a bullhorn. The family sleep in their clothes so they can leap out of bed and into the storm-mobile. Richard calls Mayumi his 'ninja wife'; she maintains equipment, drives the storm-mobile, films tornadoes and waits with the kids while Richard jumps on his motorbike, heads into the eye of the storm and launches rockets to measure magnetic forces. At home the family are as chaotic as a twister: the kids have no table manners and throw themselves around the house, and while Richard devotes every moment to his research, he expects Mayumi to cook, clean and run the house without any help.

ABC.com - Wife Swap - Episode Guide - Heene/Martel

This family is batshit crazy. Totally irresponsible parents.

12 Next The Heene family from Colorado live life on the edge. Wife Mayumi (43) and storm scientist Richard (45) take their three kids, Bradford (8), Ryo (7) and Falcon (5), out of school to go on storm chasing missions to prove Richard's theories about magnetic fields and gravity. If conditions are right, Mayumi wakes her family by shouting "Storm Approaching, Storm Approaching!" into a bullhorn. The family sleep in their clothes so they can leap out of bed and into the storm-mobile. Richard calls Mayumi his 'ninja wife'; she maintains equipment, drives the storm-mobile, films tornadoes and waits with the kids while Richard jumps on his motorbike, heads into the eye of the storm and launches rockets to measure magnetic forces. At home the family are as chaotic as a twister: the kids have no table manners and throw themselves around the house, and while Richard devotes every moment to his research, he expects Mayumi to cook, clean and run the house without any help.

If only he put that much effort in supervising his kids around experimental devices.

More on Richard Heene:

(MYFOX NATIONAL) - Fox News is identifying the family whose 6-year-old son got stuck in their homemade balloon as the Heene family from Fort Collins, Colo. KUSA reported that according to the family and officials, the boy got into the aircraft and untied the rope holding it in place before the balloon floated away.

A 2007 profile of Richard Heene and his family in the Denver Post lists his children as 4-year-old Falcon, 6-year-old Ryo and 7-year-old Bradford. Multiple stories report that the boy in the balloon is 6 years old.

The Denver Post writes that Richard Heene is a storm chaser, an amateur scientist and is part of a duo called the Psyience Detectives along with former TV weatherman Scott Stevens. The two began a project in which they researched how to better predict storm movements.

A blog which claims to be authored by a good friend of Richard Heene wrote on his blog, "I have known Richard for over 20 years. He is an amazingly creative human (now turned mad scientist) who insists on repeatedly proving that there is a very fine line between genius and insanity ... I could also tell you how Richard is convinced that he has found the secret of an anti-gravity device in the cyclonic action of tornadoes."

It was reported he was a meteorologist. Stands to reason he'd be interested in that stuff.

Oh stop it.

More on Richard Heene:

It was reported he was a meteorologist. Stands to reason he'd be interested in that stuff.

I doubt meteorologists wake their kids up and pull them out of school to jump in a car and go "storm chasing". He's a fucking lunatic.

Forum List

Back