Six Year Old

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
alone in a balloon flying over Colorado. It's on all the major cable news networks.. He must be terrified.

posted 8 minutes ago...

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) — A 6-year-old boy climbed into a hot-air balloon aircraft and floated away Thursday, forcing officials to scramble to figure out how to rescue the boy.

Larimer County sheriff's spokeswoman Eloise Campanella says the device, which is shaped like a flying saucer, has the potential to rise to 10,000 feet. Sheriff's officials last saw the device floating south of Milliken, which is about 40 miles north of Denver.

Campanella says the 6-year-old climbed into the access door and was in the airborne device.

FAA spokesman Mike Fergus says the agency has been notified and it was unclear whether traffic controllers had picked it up on radar.

Additional details were not immediately available.

Dear God Almighty.

This photo makes me ill.

Deputies chase boy floating in balloon aircraft - Life- msnbc.com

FORT COLLINS. Colo. - Authorities were scouring the skies Thursday for a 6-year-old boy who unhooked his family's experimental balloon-powered aircraft and floated away from home, sheriff's officials said.

The Larimer County Sheriff's Department said the boy's family had been building an experimental aircraft that had a large helium balloon attached to it at their home, KUSA-TV reported. The aircraft was approximately 20 feet by 5 feet and covered in tin foil, the station said.

On Thursday morning, according to the family and officials, the boy got onto the aircraft and detached the rope holding it in place. (continued at link)

The first thing I thought of was: "Yet again, Mal's been building helium-based aircraft! When will he ever learn!"

Pardon my callousness, but how freakin awesome is this story!?

It's part "boy trapped in a well", part "Charlie and the chocolate factory".

This kid is gonna have the greatest story for the rest of his life.

The Winds are high here... If that goes down, that Kid is Most Likely Dead...

If he hasn't already been Tossed from it or Jumped in a Panick...

8,000 Feet...

There is nothing Fun, Humorous or Cool about this.

:)

peace...

Now we should preach that the parents should be liable for this. How can they leave him unsupervised by a experimental balloon?

The Winds are high here... If that goes down, that Kid is Most Likely Dead...

If he hasn't already been Tossed from it or Jumped in a Panick...

8,000 Feet...

There is nothing Fun, Humorous or Cool about this.

peace...

at 8000 feet he's probably cold. I can't imagine how they can rescue him.

genthumb.ashx

Apparently there are some People who don't Know any 6-Year-Olds...

I Assure you he is NOT having a Good Time in that, and won't if heads Towards Storms, or goes Slamming into the Ground...

peace...

Whoa, an experimental baloon? The story says he was working on it with his dad, lets hope to God he knows enough how to control it and land it.

Whoa, an experimental baloon? The story says he was working on it with his dad, lets hope to God he knows enough how to control it and land it.

So his dad used his son as the test pilot? I guess it was wrong to use chimps for these type of things.

Forum List

Back