Six Brothers Raped Their Sister For Years While ‘Christian’ Homeschool Parents Did Nothing (VIDEO)

Why would you use a generalization for something that is obviously an isolated occurrence?

Looks like a way to attack homeschooling.

I know the OP pretty well by now, his point is black people are judged so harshly, look at the white people, nobody holds them to the same standards we hold blacks to. It's a lame and stupid argument, but he makes it here everyday.

Hmm -- I see more a religious angle. That is, if we have to constantly correct these mythologies about "honor" killings and female genital mutilation as being "Islamic", then those same mythologizers should be in here claiming, by their same logic, that incest must be a Christian thing. Both are fallacies, but if you argue one, you gotta argue the other.

We hear a lot about incest from social workers in Carolina in the rural/dry county/hypertraditional areas. Sadly this is not likely to be at all an isolated or unusual case.

Well you didn't exactly make an assertion, but I'll ask anyway - do you have evidence that a cases like this happens with any kind of regularity, anywhere in America?

Yeah I do but that isn't the point. See, if I'm one of those religious bigots I don't need evidence. All I need is a correlation fallacy and I'm in bidness.

I'm still waiting for them to show up and do their thing. Funny, it doesn't take long at all when there's an "honor killing" going on....

Then lets see the links pogo. You make an extraordinary claim here. I would dearly love to see the evidence that you claim is so prevalent.

Looks like a way to attack homeschooling.

I know the OP pretty well by now, his point is black people are judged so harshly, look at the white people, nobody holds them to the same standards we hold blacks to. It's a lame and stupid argument, but he makes it here everyday.

Hmm -- I see more a religious angle. That is, if we have to constantly correct these mythologies about "honor" killings and female genital mutilation as being "Islamic", then those same mythologizers should be in here claiming, by their same logic, that incest must be a Christian thing. Both are fallacies, but if you argue one, you gotta argue the other.

We hear a lot about incest from social workers in Carolina in the rural/dry county/hypertraditional areas. Sadly this is not likely to be at all an isolated or unusual case.

Well you didn't exactly make an assertion, but I'll ask anyway - do you have evidence that a cases like this happens with any kind of regularity, anywhere in America?

Yeah I do but that isn't the point. See, if I'm one of those religious bigots I don't need evidence. All I need is a correlation fallacy and I'm in bidness.

I'm still waiting for them to show up and do their thing. Funny, it doesn't take long at all when there's an "honor killing" going on....

Then lets see the links pogo. You make an extraordinary claim here. I would dearly love to see the evidence that you claim is so prevalent.

What links?
I can't link to personal conversations. Not everything is on the internet. But I am connected to some social workers who say there's a lot of this sort of thing going on. That's why I say "sadly".

Forum List

Back