Since When Did Scapegoating and Taking Revenge Become American and Christian Principles?

I think Lakhota/op author/ and many others that are non religious or religiously neutral, are fine with and accepting of, many Christian values which extend from Christ,

he and others are just wondering when will the Christians here... along with the loudest Christian politicos/politicians/bloggers, ever actually have those values?
Do not delude yourself...People such as the OP are clearly NOT accepting of anyone who thinks or believes in things that do not agree with what the OP believes.
What you are reading from the OP is pure base hated of Christians and Christianity. Period.

n-RED-BARN-FLAG-large570.jpg

I do not consider myself religious in any traditional sense, nor would I say that I am deeply patriotic, but I am tired of "American" and "Christian" being used as descriptors of what is happening in the popular discourse.

I am tired of letting the loudest among us be those who call for un-American behavior in the name of patriotism. I am tired of letting the dialogue be monopolized by those who pass off prejudice as faith. Compassion matters. Dignity matters. Exercising self-discipline when we are scared and angry matters.

MUCH MORE: Since When Did Scapegoating And Taking Revenge Become American And Christian Principles?

Amen! Words to live by.

Um, people under the mistaken impression the US isn't exactly like Soviet Russia, 3rd world banana republics, etc. need to read more.

We've done all the bad immoral messed up stuff everyone else does. If we're different it's that we hide it better.
If you hate this country, LEAVE

Yawn............just another psycho babble thread about how they hate Christians............

Just another troll thread......................From Huffo post................

It's sadly hilarious to hear so-called Christians proclaim their Christian values and what a Christian nation America is. That is a crock of shit based on their actions. They talk Christian - but they act unholy.
Like Christians are the only ones who have a lock on hypocrisy. :lmao:

Aren't true Christians supposed to be above such petty hypocrisy? Aren't they supposed to practice what they preach?

Shouldn't we all?

NaziCons are on another crusade to blame Muslims for the San Bernardino massacre - even though details are unknown at this time - and most Muslims condemn such acts.

Who will Christians blame for the San Bernardino massacre?
Well Lakhota, there is one being that can't be blamed imo, and that is the being called Christ, embedded in the word Christians...and He does not deserve the bad rap, ya know? And it saddens me to see HIM get it, via association with some bad apples...if that's what it turns out to be, with the background of these murderers.

Well Lakhota, there is one being that can't be blamed imo, and that is the being called Christ, embedded in the word Christians...and He does not deserve the bad rap, ya know? And it saddens me to see HIM get it, via association with some bad apples...if that's what it turns out to be, with the background of these murderers.

I think you're a good person - but I have as much "faith" and proof that Spiderman exists than Christians have that their supernatural Sky Daddy exists.

I think you're a good person - but I have as much "faith" and proof that Spiderman exists than Christians have that their supernatural Sky Daddy exists.
Yeah, so?

Don't the Lakota Indians have their own creation myths, are they worthy of disparaging just because of their beliefs?

Anthropology and Lakota oral tradition provide a
variety of explanations for the origins of the Lakota and
their geographical location on the Plains. According to
Lakota oral history, the Lakota emerged from under the
Earth in the Black Hills, the spiritual center of their uni-
verse, and were the first people in existence
. The Black
Hills, along with other locations, are therefore part of a
sacred geography that encodes Lakota oral and written
history and to which important pilgrimages continue to be
made.

According to Lakota oral history, the Lakota were
granted their spiritual and social organization from a
sacred person, the White Buffalo Calf Woman, who gave
the people, at a time of starvation, the sacred pipe along
with a promise to teach them the rituals and morality
required for living as a united group
. This pipe links the
Lakota to the buffalo as generous relatives who would give
their very lives to sustain their kin. The Lakota’s buffalo
relatives would express familial generosity by providing
food and many other useful products.

http://www.religionandnature.com/ern/sample/Oyasin--Lakota.pdf

-------------------------------------

People are drawn to be spiritual....no matter where they are from....it seems to be 'by design',

for so many throughout the world to be drawn to their beliefs in their religion...no matter where they are throughout the world....from the get go of written and oral history.

that doesn't change the fact that every one of these cultures or religions have some very bad people who do and say bad things...even atheist have some bad apples.... I guess what is a fact is that religion, does not stop evil from existing.

I do not consider myself religious in any traditional sense, nor would I say that I am deeply patriotic, but I am tired of "American" and "Christian" being used as descriptors of what is happening in the popular discourse.

I am tired of letting the loudest among us be those who call for un-American behavior in the name of patriotism. I am tired of letting the dialogue be monopolized by those who pass off prejudice as faith. Compassion matters. Dignity matters. Exercising self-discipline when we are scared and angry matters.

MUCH MORE: Since When Did Scapegoating And Taking Revenge Become American And Christian Principles?

Amen! Words to live by.
agitprop

Jesus himself is a scapegoat.

A scapegoat is a person or animal that is imbued with all of the sins and shortcomings of the tribe for the year that is then driven out into the desert to die, thus absolving the entire tribe of its sins.

This has been part of human culture going back thousands of years before Christ. Christianity simply upgraded the idea and made it the centerpiece of their new religion. All hail the scapegoat.
You defined scapegoat correctly, but, Jesus is the Lamb who is slain on the day of attonement. The scapegoat is driven from the camp after the Lamb is slain. (Ref. Leviticus 16)

Amen! Words to live by.

When the left began taking over both America and Christian churches.....

Forum List

Back