Fox's Brian Kilmeade Asks Black Co-host If She Makes Kool-Aid

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
56574f5a2100004a005abb71.png

Harris Faulkner appeared shocked by the seemingly racially-loaded question.

A "Fox & Friends" segment on peach cobbler appeared to get uncomfortably tense when anchor Brian Kilmeade asked co-host Harris Faulkner if she serves Kool-Aid with her meals.

The question was dished out as Faulkner, who is African-American, presented her recipe ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.

After Faulkner mentioned that a summer version of her cobbler can be prepared as well, Kilmeade, who is white, asked, “Do you make Kool-Aid?”

As the video above shows, the lively chatter among the four hosts came to a brief halt as Faulkner reacted.

What Kilmeade may or may not know is that the popular mixed drink can be used to racially stereotype African-Americans, similarly to fried chicken or watermelon.

"Uh, do I do what?" she asked.

"Do you make Kool-Aid?" he repeated.

"Uh, no. No, I don’t make Kool-Aid,” Faulkner replied as fellow host Steve Doocy stared quizzically at Kilmeade before asking him, "What?"

"It reminds me of summer,” Kilmeade replied, getting the gang chatting once again as Faulkner pointed out that she did bring an “adult beverage.”

H/T Media Matters

Brian Kilmeade does seem mentally impaired. Harris Faulkner is a pretty, intelligent black woman who is married to a white guy.

Obama_Koolaid_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

polls_obama_kool_aid_3136_347601_answer_7_xlarge.jpeg

8639723b15aa8b369298cabd3749dd76.jpg

tumblr_nmex4u8lIB1uspsfjo1_1280.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
My mom made Cool-Aid in the summer sometimes. It was a nice treat.

It's been a while since I watched but that type of harmless goofy off the wall conversation was a big part of Fox and Friends.

Try to be less hypersensitive.

A "Fox & Friends" segment on peach cobbler appeared to get uncomfortably tense when anchor Brian Kilmeade asked co-host Harris Faulkner if she serves Kool-Aid with her meals.

The question was dished out as Faulkner, who is African-American, presented her recipe ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.

After Faulkner mentioned that a summer version of her cobbler can be prepared as well, Kilmeade, who is white, asked, “Do you make Kool-Aid?”

As the video above shows, the lively chatter among the four hosts came to a brief halt as Faulkner reacted.

What Kilmeade may or may not know is that the popular mixed drink can be used to racially stereotype African-Americans, similarly to fried chicken or watermelon.

"Uh, no. No, I don’t make Kool-Aid,” Faulkner replied as fellow host Steve Doocy stared quizzically at Kilmeade before asking him, "What?"

"It reminds me of summer,” Kilmeade replied, getting the gang chatting once again as Faulkner pointed out that she did bring an “adult beverage.”

H/T Media Matters

Brian Kilmeade does seem mentally impaired. Harris Faulkner is a pretty, intelligent black woman who is married to a white guy.
Sorry, but if you have never heard of Kool-Aid being linked to blacks, then you would not realize it was a racially loaded question. I think the guy just thought of Kool-Aid as a summer time family drink, something the kids like.

This is an example of crying 'wolf.' When something like this happens, something innocent, and you make it out to be a big deal, a big racial issue, then you demean real racist issues. Very bad thing to do.

Kool-aid has nothing to do with race.

Really? What about chicken and watermelon? Why would Kilmeade ask Harris Faulkner if she makes Kool-Aid?
Because some people make kool-aid. It has nothing to do with race but sometimes ascribed to people who engage in group think. Without seeing the entire context there's no way to tell what was meant by the mention of kool-aid.

I am certain that black people eat both fried chicken and watermelon. I have seen black men and women buying watermelons in the grocery store. I have personally loaded a watermelon in my cart, in full view of several black people. Not one has passed out from all that racism.

Kool-aid has nothing to do with race.

Really? What about chicken and watermelon? Why would Kilmeade ask Harris Faulkner if she makes Kool-Aid?
Because some people make kool-aid. It has nothing to do with race but sometimes ascribed to people who engage in group think. Without seeing the entire context there's no way to tell what was meant by the mention of kool-aid.

I am certain that black people eat both fried chicken and watermelon. I have seen black men and women buying watermelons in the grocery store. I have personally loaded a watermelon in my cart, in full view of several black people. Not one has passed out from all that racism.

In other words - you have no sense of humor.

H/T Media Matters

Sorry, but if you have never heard of Kool-Aid being linked to blacks, then you would not realize it was a racially loaded question. I think the guy just thought of Kool-Aid as a summer time family drink, something the kids like.

This is an example of crying 'wolf.' When something like this happens, something innocent, and you make it out to be a big deal, a big racial issue, then you demean real racist issues. Very bad thing to do.

Really? Even Goofy Doocy was taken aback.

Forum List

Back