Since When Did Scapegoating and Taking Revenge Become American and Christian Principles?

It's sadly hilarious to hear so-called Christians proclaim their Christian values and what a Christian nation America is. That is a crock of shit based on their actions. They talk Christian - but they act unholy.
You are aware that a certain religion in the intermountain west teaches that Indians are direct descendants of Abraham and Joseph aren't you.

I think Lakhota/op author/ and many others that are non religious or religiously neutral, are fine with and accepting of, many Christian values which extend from Christ,

he and others are just wondering when will the Christians here... along with the loudest Christian politicos/politicians/bloggers, ever actually have those values?

There is a sin that even Jesus said he could not forgive. Hypocrisy wasn't it.

You mean that Holy Spirit shit? What a narcissist.

You sound very accepting here...

Jesus knocking up his own mother and becoming his own father is my favorite Biblical fairy tale - next to Noah's Ark.

If you have that view-that's fine.

However deep down inside you must realize that an attitude like that means that you're not accepting of the views/thoughts of other people.

I disagree generally speaking mgh. I am an agnostic and require evidence of something. However, I'm a human living in a society where there are millions who believe in various gods or supernatural beings. This doesn't cause me any discomfort at all. I do think religion is a manmade sauve for the soul. Something to make the world not so scary, death being the scariest part.

But I really tread lightly when talking to someone in person regarding religion, evolution, belief, etc. I know many people's entire self worth and life are built on these beliefs and although I like to have spirited discussions with those who can handle it, for those whom it would scare or confuse too much I hang back. As long as other people are just living their life and not forcing me to believe or participate in whatever their thing is I have no problem with anyone.

n-RED-BARN-FLAG-large570.jpg

I do not consider myself religious in any traditional sense, nor would I say that I am deeply patriotic, but I am tired of "American" and "Christian" being used as descriptors of what is happening in the popular discourse.

I am tired of letting the loudest among us be those who call for un-American behavior in the name of patriotism. I am tired of letting the dialogue be monopolized by those who pass off prejudice as faith. Compassion matters. Dignity matters. Exercising self-discipline when we are scared and angry matters.

MUCH MORE: Since When Did Scapegoating And Taking Revenge Become American And Christian Principles?

Amen! Words to live by.

Um, people under the mistaken impression the US isn't exactly like Soviet Russia, 3rd world banana republics, etc. need to read more.

We've done all the bad immoral messed up stuff everyone else does. If we're different it's that we hide it better.

I do not consider myself religious in any traditional sense, nor would I say that I am deeply patriotic, but I am tired of "American" and "Christian" being used as descriptors of what is happening in the popular discourse.

I am tired of letting the loudest among us be those who call for un-American behavior in the name of patriotism. I am tired of letting the dialogue be monopolized by those who pass off prejudice as faith. Compassion matters. Dignity matters. Exercising self-discipline when we are scared and angry matters.

MUCH MORE: Since When Did Scapegoating And Taking Revenge Become American And Christian Principles?

Amen! Words to live by.

Ever since some "Christians" became Democrats. They are the masters of scapegoating and revenge.

I think Lakhota/op author/ and many others that are non religious or religiously neutral, are fine with and accepting of, many Christian values which extend from Christ,

he and others are just wondering when will the Christians here... along with the loudest Christian politicos/politicians/bloggers, ever actually have those values?
Yet be just as hypocritical as those Christians you're referring to........ Go figure........

It's sadly hilarious to hear so-called Christians proclaim their Christian values and what a Christian nation America is. That is a crock of shit based on their actions. They talk Christian - but they act unholy.
What's your excuse?

Jesus knocking up his own mother and becoming his own father is my favorite Biblical fairy tale - next to Noah's Ark.

However deep down inside you must realize that an attitude like that means that you're not accepting of the views/thoughts of other people.

I disagree generally speaking mgh. I am an agnostic and require evidence of something. However, I'm a human living in a society where there are millions who believe in various gods or supernatural beings. This doesn't cause me any discomfort at all. I do think religion is a manmade sauve for the soul. Something to make the world not so scary, death being the scariest part.

But I really tread lightly when talking to someone in person regarding religion, evolution, belief, etc. I know many people's entire self worth and life are built on these beliefs and although I like to have spirited discussions with those who can handle it, for those whom it would scare or confuse too much I hang back. As long as other people are just living their life and not forcing me to believe or participate in whatever their thing is I have no problem with anyone.
I take that to mean you don't care for the way Islamofascists around the world attempt to convert people to Islam?
Convert to my religious cult of violence and misogyny or I'll cut your fucking head off".

I take that to mean you don't care for the way Islamofascists around the world attempt to convert people to Islam?
Convert to my religious cult of violence and misogyny or I'll cut your fucking head off".

The religion is secondary, I take the cutting off of the heads and burning people alive and destruction of ancient archeological sites as the key points to understanding that these people need to be eliminated from humanity. Mental illness many times tries to latch on to an authoritative symbol or entity to further its own warped ideology. Appeal to a god, appeal to patriotism, appeal to hatred of 'other'. All these things are used by the wicked to persuade and fool the weak into following them.

I have n problem with this post whatsoever. The OP's post blatantly made fun of religious people.

Amen! Words to live by.
If you are tired. Get some sleep.
And don't go thinking we do not know you are prejudiced against Caucasians.

Oh yes.. And of course you are pure as the driven snow. all of you self proclaimed "victims" believe this...
In fact, your victim status is self created scapegoating.
You despise your station in life so you scapegoat your perceived tormentors. It cuts both ways, peyote breath

Like Christians are the only ones who have a lock on hypocrisy. :lmao:

Aren't true Christians supposed to be above such petty hypocrisy? Aren't they supposed to practice what they preach?
Nice try. Those who expect perfection from others have no mirrors in their homes

Like Christians are the only ones who have a lock on hypocrisy. :lmao:

Aren't true Christians supposed to be above such petty hypocrisy? Aren't they supposed to practice what they preach?
That goes for everyone but everyone is human (well most are) and practice hypocrisy in just about every aspect of their lives.
Aren't liberals supposed to be all inclusive and accepting? Guess they don't practice what they preach....... :eusa_whistle:
Liberals claim the desire to be free of judgments. Yet they are more judgmental than any other group

hey..Hate monger.. it is fine for you to be a non believer. No one is disputing that.
What you don't get to do is spew hatred and vitriol towards that which you do not believe.

Forum List

Back