Since When Did Scapegoating and Taking Revenge Become American and Christian Principles?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
n-RED-BARN-FLAG-large570.jpg

I do not consider myself religious in any traditional sense, nor would I say that I am deeply patriotic, but I am tired of "American" and "Christian" being used as descriptors of what is happening in the popular discourse.

I am tired of letting the loudest among us be those who call for un-American behavior in the name of patriotism. I am tired of letting the dialogue be monopolized by those who pass off prejudice as faith. Compassion matters. Dignity matters. Exercising self-discipline when we are scared and angry matters.

MUCH MORE: Since When Did Scapegoating And Taking Revenge Become American And Christian Principles?

Amen! Words to live by.

Scapegoating is the foundation of what we call our criminal justice system. It is our nature to demand a pound of flesh. The politic demands it so the police give it to us.

It's sadly hilarious to hear so-called Christians proclaim their Christian values and what a Christian nation America is. That is a crock of shit based on their actions. They talk Christian - but they act unholy.

It's sadly hilarious to hear so-called Christians proclaim their Christian values and what a Christian nation America is. That is a crock of shit based on their actions. They talk Christian - but they act unholy.
Like Christians are the only ones who have a lock on hypocrisy. :lmao:

Aren't true Christians supposed to be above such petty hypocrisy? Aren't they supposed to practice what they preach?

Aren't true Christians supposed to be above such petty hypocrisy? Aren't they supposed to practice what they preach?
That goes for everyone but everyone is human (well most are) and practice hypocrisy in just about every aspect of their lives.
Aren't liberals supposed to be all inclusive and accepting? Guess they don't practice what they preach....... :eusa_whistle:

Do you know anything ?

Jesus himself is a scapegoat.

A scapegoat is a person or animal that is imbued with all of the sins and shortcomings of the tribe for the year that is then driven out into the desert to die, thus absolving the entire tribe of its sins.

This has been part of human culture going back thousands of years before Christ. Christianity simply upgraded the idea and made it the centerpiece of their new religion. All hail the scapegoat.

There is a sin that even Jesus said he could not forgive. Hypocrisy wasn't it.

You mean that Holy Spirit shit? What a narcissist.

You sound very accepting here...

Jesus knocking up his own mother and becoming his own father is my favorite Biblical fairy tale - next to Noah's Ark.

If you have that view-that's fine.

However deep down inside you must realize that an attitude like that means that you're not accepting of the views/thoughts of other people.

There is a sin that even Jesus said he could not forgive. Hypocrisy wasn't it.

You mean that Holy Spirit shit? What a narcissist.

You sound very accepting here...

Jesus knocking up his own mother and becoming his own father is my favorite Biblical fairy tale - next to Noah's Ark.
I really don't care if you make fun of us Christians/Mormons but at least get the verbiage right.
Jesus is not the Father. Therefore He is not that person.
The Father is not the Son. threfore He is not that Person either.
They're just as seperate as you and I.

Forum List

Back