Should women who smoke or drink during pregnancy be charged with a crime?

yes, for child abuse. Just as in my state you can be ticketed for smoking in your vehicle if kids are in it. GOOD.

For those who believe that a fetus is a person. yes certainly it is a crime for injure/put the unborn at risk by the mothers behaviour.

I feel that it is morally wrong in any case.

Should it be a felony to serve an alcoholic drink to a pregnant woman?

Last edited:
Personal choice. For the record i am against mothers drinking while pregnant.

Mother who do drink should be held 100% financially responsible for any medical issues to the baby once born.

Mother who do drink should be held 100% financially responsible for any medical issues to the baby once born.

Women can choose to abuse their unborn children?:cuckoo:

Idealogically yes, but if she has no money is the baby to suffer?

So a baby who's parents have money isn't abused by the same behavior as a poor baby?

Let's put it this way. Should a woman be charged with a crime for ABORTING her baby?

Wouldn't THAT be considered child abuse?

You all want people to stay out your uterus, you stay the hell out of our lives and how WE RAISE OUR CHILDREN, K

If she has not money, she has no damn business having a baby in the first place. If she has no money its going to suffer one way or the other.

Last edited:

If she has not money, she has no damn business having a baby in the first place. If she has no money its going to suffer one way or the other.

Really? So you just imagine that congenitive diseases caused by smoking and drinking just go away when mommy and daddy have money?

Further, you realize that you are essentially saying that the law that applies to poor people simply doesn't apply to people with money?

That's sick.

Really? So you just imagine that congenitive diseases caused by smoking and drinking just go away when mommy and daddy have money?

Further, you realize that you are essentially saying that the law that applies to poor people simply doesn't apply to people with money?

That's sick.

First off what law?

I said personal choice. I also said i do not condone the action.

I am saying that if it is proven that a disease is directly related to a mother smoking and drinking, then she should be held financially responsible for those actions.

And if you look at what i am saying, it works out for the poor...as they would just put their hand out for more entitlements, and someone with money would have to pay up.

I know people who smoked for 50 years and quit during each of their pregnancies. It really can be done.

Forum List

Back