Should women who smoke or drink during pregnancy be charged with a crime?

Two Thirds of this country smoked and drank during the 40 and 50's.
Women who smoked throughout the whole pregnancy and who had an occasional glass of wine or a beer every one in a while had very healthy babies.
Baby Boomer's were born healthy and are still healthy today.
If it is true that babies are born very unhealthy if a woman smokes while pregnant why were baby boomer's born so healthy?

Yeah and a lot of smokers live into their 70's and 80's, so the safe assumption is all doctors are wrong and there's no medical problem with smoking..............

Aye aye aye

not a very safe assumption

Personal choice. For the record i am against mothers drinking while pregnant.

Mother who do drink should be held 100% financially responsible for any medical issues to the baby once born.

Idealogically yes, but if she has no money is the baby to suffer?

If she has not money, she has no damn business having a baby in the first place. If she has no money its going to suffer one way or the other.

You damn right.

I'm saying that women used their heads back then and took responsibility upon themselves while they were pregnant. They did not have government telling them what they could and could not do during their pregnancies and they don't need government telling them now what they can and can not do.

Women who smoked throughout the whole pregnancy and who had an occasional glass of wine or a beer every one in a while had very healthy babies.
If it is true that babies are born very unhealthy if a woman smokes while pregnant why were baby boomer's born so healthy?

Is this true?

I'm saying that women used their heads back then and took responsibility upon themselves while they were pregnant. They did not have government telling them what they could and could not do during their pregnancies and they don't need government telling them now what they can and can not do.

I agree.......but that's not all your last post said, it included a part about doubting whether or not smoking during pregnancy is bad. It's common sense that it is.

Last edited:
I am glad I am a man because I don't know if I could quit drinking and smoking for 9 months straight, during my deployment in the Military I had to quit drinking because alcohol was illegal in Kuwait but I smoked a pack a day.

I am glad I am a man because I don't know if I could quit drinking and smoking for 9 months straight, during my deployment in the Military I had to quit drinking because alcohol was illegal in Kuwait but I smoked a pack a day.

whos that a pic of in the avatar?

I agree.......but that's not all your last post said, it included a part about doubting whether or not smoking during pregnancy is bad. It's common sense that it is.

I said that a lot of women smoked while pregnant in the 40's and 50's because they did not know the effects of smoking, but that their babies were born very healthy and those kids grew up around that smoke from one or both parents and are still very healthy today.
I am not questioning Doctor's but I am questioning the reports of junk science.
You know the one's that are funded by Government Grants who have a political agenda and so the results come out to favor those political opinions.

I said that a lot of women smoked while pregnant in the 40's and 50's because they did not know the effects of smoking, but that their babies were born very healthy and those kids grew up around that smoke from one or both parents and are still very healthy today.
You know the one's that are funded by Government Grants who have a political agenda and so the results come out to favor those political opinions.

"If it is true that babies are born very unhealthy if a woman smokes while pregnant why were baby boomer's born so healthy? "

That's what you said, asking a question as if there's some doctor-wide conspiracy spreading a rumor that it's unhealthy to smoke while pregnant.

People who smoke that aren't willing to quit while pregnant have made the choice that they'd rather risk killing or mutilating their baby than have to go through some withdrawel.

If she has not money, she has no damn business having a baby in the first place. If she has no money its going to suffer one way or the other.

Really? So you just imagine that congenitive diseases caused by smoking and drinking just go away when mommy and daddy have money?

Further, you realize that you are essentially saying that the law that applies to poor people simply doesn't apply to people with money?

That's sick.

First off what law?

I said personal choice. I also said i do not condone the action.

I am saying that if it is proven that a disease is directly related to a mother smoking and drinking, then she should be held financially responsible for those actions.

And if you look at what i am saying, it works out for the poor...as they would just put their hand out for more entitlements, and someone with money would have to pay up.

And I'm saying it IS proven that drinking and or smoking during pregnancy are proven dangers whether mommy and daddy have money or not. YOU are saying that if mommy and daddy have money they should be able to risk a babies health.

That's stupid.

"If it is true that babies are born very unhealthy if a woman smokes while pregnant why were baby boomer's born so healthy? "

That's what you said, asking a question as if there's some doctor-wide conspiracy spreading a rumor that it's unhealthy to smoke while pregnant.

People who smoke that aren't willing to quit while pregnant have made the choice that they'd rather risk killing or mutilating their baby than have to go through some withdrawel.

Doctor wide conspiracy?
What part of junk science did you not read?
Are you referring to abortions? I'm am totally against abortions but Women should have the choice, just not funded by tax payers who are against abortions
I don't think we should ever outlaw abortions,I don't want back room abortions ever again, which happens when it is outlawed.
I do think women should be completely informed about it. Saying it is just cells and a blob is not being fully informed and really harms the woman when she learns later on about the full information about it.
I think that the lefts view of not being fully informed sways the womans opinion into doing an abortion. She needs to be fully informed before making that decision. When a woman learns the complete truth after an abortion, it really messes with them mentally.

Doctor wide conspiracy?
What part of junk science did you not read?
Are you referring to abortions? I'm am totally against abortions but Women should have the choice, just not funded by tax payers who are against abortions
I don't think we should ever outlaw abortions,I don't want back room abortions ever again, which happens when it is outlawed.
I do think women should be completely informed about it. Saying it is just cells and a blob is not being fully informed and really harms the woman when she learns later on about the full information about it.
I think that the lefts view of not being fully informed sways the womans opinion into doing an abortion. She needs to be fully informed before making that decision. When a woman learns the complete truth after an abortion, it really messes with them mentally.

That had absolutely nothing to do with my post. I'm talking about your post that questioned smoking while pregnant, then you started talking about abortions.

Really? So you just imagine that congenitive diseases caused by smoking and drinking just go away when mommy and daddy have money?

Further, you realize that you are essentially saying that the law that applies to poor people simply doesn't apply to people with money?

That's sick.

First off what law?

I said personal choice. I also said i do not condone the action.

I am saying that if it is proven that a disease is directly related to a mother smoking and drinking, then she should be held financially responsible for those actions.

And if you look at what i am saying, it works out for the poor...as they would just put their hand out for more entitlements, and someone with money would have to pay up.

And I'm saying it IS proven that drinking and or smoking during pregnancy are proven dangers whether mommy and daddy have money or not. YOU are saying that if mommy and daddy have money they should be able to risk a babies health.

That's stupid.

What's stupid is debating this when abortion is far more lethal to an unborn baby!

You libs going to tell me you want to criminalize smoking while pregnant, but want to keep legal KILLING THE SUBJECT OF THE PREGNANCY??????

Moronic! Deeply Moronic!

This whole thread gets the fail whale!

05.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

because it's all fear mongering...

As a smoker, I try to consider those around me when I do it. I smoke out doors almost exclusively. This way, folks can escape my cloud or ask that I move on which is rare. A child in the womb cant ask you to move on or move away from the smoke. They are stuck ware they are. If a woman smokes that is on her. She will deal with the consequences, the unborn child is stuck with them. So I guess I can say yes to the question to a degree, but dont throw them in prison or take the child away. Most Moms are pretty into there children (the ones I know anyway) and will give up the vices when pregnant.

Last edited:
I NOTICE no one wants to HONESTLY ADDRESS MY POINT.

Criminalize smoking while pregnant . . . .

While KILLING THE SUBJECT OF THE PREGNANCY (aka abortion) IS LEGAL??????

Which kills far more babies?

This thread is a sham until one of you has the honesty to addres that.

I say yes, will give my reasons after some responses

Why is this on my board? I've known you were dumb, but this takes the cake.

Here's a response for your dumb ass:

If you so desire to murder your unborn child ... well ... THAT's legal. But Heaven forbid you feed that unborn child some f-ing McDonald's.

You leftist f*ks can't really think, can you?

Let's consider the math:

I can't smoke

You can murder my unborn child.

I can see the parallel.:cuckoo:

I NOTICE no one wants to HONESTLY ADDRESS MY POINT.

Criminalize smoking while pregnant . . . .

While KILLING THE SUBJECT OF THE PREGNANCY (aka abortion) IS LEGAL??????

Which kills far more babies?

This thread is a sham until one of you has the honesty to addres that.

I think I see your point. There are folks who go after smoking like a pack of rabid dogs because of the low birth weight, and drinking because of F.A.S., and how cruel it is for the child, yet are 100% ok with poisoning a fetus to kill it outright, and then butcher it up and suck it out of the womb. You are illustrating the irony right ?

Last edited:
I say yes, will give my reasons after some responses

Why is this on my board? I've known you were dumb, but this takes the cake.

Here's a response for your dumb ass:

If you so desire to murder your unborn child ... well ... THAT's legal. But Heaven forbid you feed that unborn child some f-ing McDonald's.

You leftist f*ks can't really think, can you?

Let's consider the math:

I can't smoke

You can murder my unborn child.

I can see the parallel.:cuckoo:

If we could all act like 12 year olds while we were at work........................

Forum List

Back