Should we blacks celebrate 4th of July? Not this escaped slave!

Sure it does.

While it may have been a rocky start..black people have done very well in this country.

In fact..one is now leading it.

American Exceptionalism.

Now celebrate.:lol:

I ask the question again since people can't get it right, should black people celebrate the 4th of July when it didn't apply to our ancestors? Why should we celebrate it when the 4th of July had nothing to do with American "Exceptionalism?" The holiday isn't relevant to us, it wasn't fought for the freedom of my ancestors.

Sure it was. Don't forget you're only 55-65% African (according to your own dna testing). The other 35-45% is former slave owner, whether you like it or not.

55% African, 40% Native American, 5% European, moron. Those are genetics, geneaologically my family is African American.

Don't forget you're only 55-65% African (according to your own dna testing). The other 35-45% is former slave owner, whether you like it or not.

In fact, if you believe reparations are in order, you can start by paying them to yourself. :thup:

I ask the question again since people can't get it right, should black people celebrate the 4th of July when it didn't apply to our ancestors? Why should we celebrate it when the 4th of July had nothing to do with American "Exceptionalism?" The holiday isn't relevant to us, it wasn't fought for the freedom of my ancestors.

Sure it was. Don't forget you're only 55-65% African (according to your own dna testing). The other 35-45% is former slave owner, whether you like it or not.

55% African, 40% Native American, 5% European, moron. Those are genetics, geneaologically my family is African American.

Ok, 5% former slave owner then.

Still not zero. :thup:

Should we blacks celebrate 4th of July? Not this escaped slave

Yes, if they are celebrating they will not be slinging drugs, pimpin ho's, robbin liquor stores or campaigning for the Grand Marxist.

Since 95% of blacks voted for Obama, that only leaves 5% that show any signs of intelligence at all.

Who cares what they do? I could give a fvck

Ah, they didn't allow YOU to get an education either, did they?

Celebrate it, or don't. I couldn't care less.

You are indeed free to work or not on Independence day.

If you had any sense at all, you and anyone else would see that America did not start the slave trade. It had been going on long before this country ever came into existence.

Yeah, you should celebrate it, if in fact you had any sense at all. In the end, this country brought an end to the slave trade and the entire world was changed because of Americans both black, and white.

Sure it does.

While it may have been a rocky start..black people have done very well in this country.

American Exceptionalism.

Sure it is.

Americans fought and died to end slavery. After the war..Black people weren't kicked out..quite the opposite. They were given all the rights anyone else had..and during the 1950/60s more Americans fought to make sure that the idiots denying black people their rights understood that.

Now we have a black man in the white house.

You wanna be angry over the history, it's your right to do so.

But America has bled American blood to right the wrongs done to black people.

The Civil War was not fought to end slavery, stop repeating that off told lie that white liberals like telling. Second, it sounds might lame to say that the 4th of July is relevant to blacks and make a connection to the later Civil War when freeing the slaves could have been during the war of independence, which was not fought for the slaves since they weren't considered as Americans. The Civil war and War of Independence have jack to do with each other and the former is irrelevant to blacks, Frederick Douglass had it right.

Many blacks fought and died during the American revolution.

That cannot be denied.

Yes, American blacks need to participate on 4 July celebrations.

Because it is a part of their history here in the Americas.
Somehow I knew that this post couldn't be coherently denied.

:clap2:

Sure it is.

Americans fought and died to end slavery. After the war..Black people weren't kicked out..quite the opposite. They were given all the rights anyone else had..and during the 1950/60s more Americans fought to make sure that the idiots denying black people their rights understood that.

The Civil War was not fought to end slavery, stop repeating that off told lie that white liberals like telling. Second, it sounds might lame to say that the 4th of July is relevant to blacks and make a connection to the later Civil War when freeing the slaves could have been during the war of independence, which was not fought for the slaves since they weren't considered as Americans. The Civil war and War of Independence have jack to do with each other and the former is irrelevant to blacks, Frederick Douglass had it right.

Nonsense.

The outcome was..slavery was abolished. Simple as that.

Listen you may not like alot of things that happened in the past..but don't start making crap up.

If you had any sense at all, you and anyone else would see that America did not start the slave trade. It had been going on long before this country ever came into existence.

Yeah, you should celebrate it, if in fact you had any sense at all. In the end, this country brought an end to the slave trade and the entire world was changed because of Americans both black, and white.

The United States didn't end the slave trade, another lie, the slave trade continued *WITHIN* America its just that importation of Africans stopped.

The United States didn't end the slave trade, another lie, the slave trade continued *WITHIN* America its just that importation of Africans stopped.

We still have slaves? :eek: Call Obama, he must not know about this!!!

Sure it is.

Nonsense.

The outcome was..slavery was abolished. Simple as that.

Listen you may not like alot of things that happened in the past..but don't start making crap up.

Repeat, the Civil War was *NOT* fought to end slavery, it was fought to preserve the Union for economic reasons, at least during the War of Independence the British offered emancipation for those slaves that did fight for the British, no such offer was made to slaves to fight for the 13 colonies.

Moron, the slave trade and slavery are two different things, the importation of slaves into America was banned but not the sale and trade of slaves within America and technically, slavery didn't end if you read the Amendment.

Moron, the slave trade and slavery are two different things, the importation of slaves into America was banned but not the sale and trade of slaves within America and technically, slavery didn't end if you read the Amendment.

Have you ever been a slave? No.

Have you been directly affected by slavery? No.

Don't like our history, fine. Go find a country that suits you better. There are many African countries that would accept you as an immigrant. I've even offered to help you leave the country. But you won't go, will you? Because you know you're life is better here than in any other country. I support your right to bitch - but you make yourself look foolish by doing so.

Get the fuck over it.

I want reparations from those damned Romans!!

I want reparations from the American Indians for there years of practicing slavery, as well as the Mexicans and Muslims who are still practicing slavery. Dude needs to grow up and get a job and he will feel better.

Have you ever been a slave? No.

Have you been directly affected by slavery? No.

Don't like our history, fine. Go find a country that suits you better. There are many African countries that would accept you as an immigrant. I've even offered to help you leave the country. But you won't go, will you? Because you know you're life is better here than in any other country. I support your right to bitch - but you make yourself look foolish by doing so.

Get the fuck over it.

My arguments are so on point that you have to make strawman and ad-hominem arguments don't you? Unless something I said was not the truth you really don't have anything to say. When you say *OUR* history who are you talking about? My people have been in this country just as long as whites although we don't share the same history and treatment within this country, thus the legacy of enslaving blacks and implementing Jim Crow is not a legacy that we have an equal share in, my people were the victims of it and I refuse to celebrate it. The fact that abolition of slavery didn't occur in 1776 is enough of a reason for blacks not to celebrate the 4th of July, why did it take almost 90 years to do it?

I asked a simple question that you're not able to answer, the fact of the matter is that 4th of July didn't matter to blacks because it had nothing to do with our freedom and Independence so why should we celebrate a holiday that didn't and doesn't apply to all Americans? Its no gain for me to celebrate it so its no loss not to.

Sure it does.

American Exceptionalism.

Yes, Bass, it IS relevant to Black people today. It's relevant because Independence day is not only about celebrating the founding of America; it is also about celebrating what that fledgling nation has become. Yes, America was stained by slavery; but slavery is no more. Yes, America was stained by Jim Crow, but Jim Crow is no more. There's something in the character of America, that is never at ease with injustice, and while we can't change the past,we can keep it from spoiling the present, or the future. It took a long time, too long, but Americans, White and Black, have worked to overcome the injustice, the bigotry, and the hate that blighted America. Black people have always been part of America, Bass; now, Black people are fully participating in America at last. Once, a Black man could not even reap the fruits of his labor; to day, Black men sit in the corporate boardrooms, and occupy the executive offices of major corporations; hell, some of them OWN those corporations! A scant generation ago, Blacks couldn't even vote in a lot of places; today, Blacks are Congressmen, and Senators; one even is the President of the United States! Black people did not get that opportunity all by themselves, nor did they get it because White people handed it to them. Black and White Americans worked side by side, to make that happen, because they recognized that our destinies are intertwined, and neither your race nor mine, can walk alone, or should have to, not in America. We can't change the past, but together, we have changed the future. There is NO going back; there is only going forward, and we are not going to stop, until America really is the promised land, for all of us, and our children, and our children's children.

This nation is so grand, so big, and so diverse, that one can look at her from a lot of different angles. America is a glass half-full, or half empty. America is a land of promise, and a land of promise still unfulfilled. America is an ideal both flawed and flawless. America is that kind of nation, because Americans are that kind of people.

America is so free that all of us, Black or White, or any other race, are free to be slaves, if we wish; slaves to past wrongs and past grievances. That's our choice to make. We can wallow in self pity, or we can stand up, embrace what is good, oppose what is evil, and make a great nation and even better nation. We can curse the shadows of the past, or we can light so many candles those shadows disappear. We can be complacent, or give up, and say there's nothing more we can do, we can bitch, and moan, and hurl recriminations at each other, or we can stand up look forward, and make this nation everything she can be. We can dwell on where we've been, or we can look back in wonder and say, "My God, look how far we've come! Let's keep going!" The real genius, and the real glory, of this nation, is that she CAN change, she CAN evolve, she CAN learn, and she CAN redeem her promise...and she's doing it!

None of us, regardless of where we're from or the color of our skin, have to be on the outside looking in, not anymore. We are all in this together, we all have a chance to participate, we all have a chance, to be all we can be. America is not yet where she ought to be, nor where she is going to be, but she's come a long way, from what she used to be, and that is pretty good, at that. Your race and mine built this nation; one as masters, one as slaves; now we are building it and living in it, as equals. That revolution that started in 1776 did not free your ancestors, but after years of struggle, toil, pain and sacrifice, it ulltimately HAS freed YOU...if you let it. That is worth celebrating, no matter what race we belong to.

Last edited:

You are not telling the truth. Get a job and you will feel better about your self.

*** FEATURED ARTICLE ***

Details emerge in human trafficking case in San Antonio [PDF]

Guillermo Contreras, Express-News online, 06/02/2007

www.madebysurvivors.com/nl/san.pdf

[accessed 20 February 2011]

Human Trafficking & Modern-day Slavery - Mexico

How's $600 to buy what you'd like simply for accompanying men on trips? We can make it happen, al otro lado — on the other side. That pitch allegedly made by a trio of women sounded like gold to some impressionable teens and a young woman not making much in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. Three girls agreed to be smuggled to the United States in mid-May and once they were in or near San Antonio, they were primped, new clothes were bought for them and they were given English lessons. Their understanding was that they did not have to have sex with the men.

Looks like Africans are still selling Africans.

Modern-day slavery? The scope of trafficking in persons in Africa - African Security Review Vol 12 No 1, 2003

Essay

MODERN-DAY SLAVERY?
The scope of trafficking in persons in Africa

Kathleen Fitzgibbon
Senior reporting officer for Africa in the Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons, US Department of State, Washington, DC.

Published in African Security Review Vol 12 No 1, 2003

Hundreds of thousands of African men, women and children are being forced into situations of labour and sexual exploitation both on the continent and abroad every year. Internationally, trafficking in persons has been identified as a serious threat to human security and development by governments, pressure groups and the UN. But for many African governments, the problem has only recently been acknowledged. This article, the first in a two part series on the issue, outlines the types and extent of trafficking in Africa, with a focus on West and Central Africa.

Sure it does.

American Exceptionalism.

Yes, Bass, it IS relevant to Black people today. It's relevant because Independence day is not only about celebrating the founding of America; it is also about celebrating what that fledgling nation has become. Yes, America was stained by slavery; but slavery is no more. Yes, America was stained by Jim Crow, but Jim Crow is no more. There's something in the character of America, that is never at ease with injustice, and while we can't change the past,we can keep it from spoiling the present, or the future. It took a long time, too long, but Americans, White and Black, have worked to overcome the injustice, the bigotry, and the hate that blighted America. Black people have always been part of America, Bass; now, Black people are fully participating in America at last. Once, a Black man could not even reap the fruits of his labor; to day, Black men sit in the corporate boardrooms, and occupy the executive offices of major corporations; hell, some of them OWN those corporations! A scant generation ago, Blacks couldn't even vote in a lot of places; today, Blacks are Congressmen, and Senators; one even is the President of the United States! Black people did not get that opportunity all by themselves, nor did they get it because White people handed it to them. Black and White Americans worked side by side, to make that happen, because they recognized that our destinies are intertwined, and neither your race nor mine, can walk alone, or should have to, not in America. We can't change the past, but together, we have changed the future. There is NO going back; there is only going forward, and we are not going to stop, until America really is the promised land, for all of us, and our children, and our children's children.

This nation is so grand, so big, and so diverse, that one can look at her from a lot of different angles. America is a glass half-full, or half empty. America is a land of promise, and a land of promise still unfulfilled. America is an ideal both flawed and flawless. America is that kind of nation, because Americans are that kind of people.

America is so free that all of us, Black or White, or any other race, are free to be slaves, if we wish; slaves to past wrongs and past grievances. That's our choice to make. We can wallow in self pity, or we can stand up, embrace what is good, oppose what is evil, and make a great nation and even better nation. We can curse the shadows of the past, or we can light so many candles those shadows disappear. We can be complacent, or give up, and say there's nothing more we can do, we can bitch, and moan, and hurl recriminations at each other, or we can stand up look forward, and make this nation everything she can be. We can dwell on where we've been, or we can look back in wonder and say, "My God, look how far we've come! Let's keep going!" The real genius, and the real glory, of this nation, is that she CAN change, she CAN evolve, she CAN learn, and she CAN redeem her promise...and she's doing it!

None of us, regardless of where we're from or the color of our skin, have to be on the outside looking in, not anymore. We are all in this together, we all have a chance to participate, we all have a chance, to be all we can be. America is not yet where she ought to be, nor where she is going to be, but she's come a long way, from what she used to be, and that is pretty good, at that. Your race and mine built this nation; one as masters, one as slaves; now we are building it and living in it, as equals. That is worth celebrating, no matter what race we belong to.

The 4th of July isn't relevant to blacks, the America that exists today didn't exist in 1776, my people were in slavery before and after 1776, almost 90 years after the fact, none of your longwinded posts has anything to do with the fact that the 4th of July is not relevant to blacks, therefore it should not be celebrated by blacks, thats about as retarded as saying blacks in South Africa should celebrate the day South Africa became independent from Britain.

None of us, regardless of where we're from or the color of our skin, have to be on the outside looking in, not anymore. We are all in this together, we all have a chance to participate, we all have a chance, to be all we can be. America is not yet where she ought to be, nor where she is going to be, but she's come a long way, from what she used to be, and that is pretty good, at that. Your race and mine built this nation; one as masters, one as slaves; now we are building it and living in it, as equals. That is worth celebrating, no matter what race we belong to.

The 4th of July isn't relevant to blacks, the America that exists today didn't exist in 1776, my people were in slavery before and after 1776, almost 90 years after the fact, none of your longwinded posts has anything to do with the fact that the 4th of July is not relevant to blacks, therefore it should not be celebrated by blacks, thats about as retarded as saying blacks in South Africa should celebrate the day South Africa became independent from Britain.

Then why stay ?

Forum List

Back