Should we blacks celebrate 4th of July? Not this escaped slave!

Free blacks during the time of slavery had nothing to celebrate either moron, now place a dunce cap on your head and STHU.

So don't celebrate. No one cares. Personally, I find your hatred very sad, particularly since you cared enough about your country to fight for it..... why bother fighting for a country that 'enslaved' you? Idiot.

Hatred? How so? Just because I don't celebrate a holiday which during its creation didn't include black people as equals? Shut up and stuff a frankfurter and burger down your throat and celebrate your holiday. I guess Frederick Douglass was a hater too right?

I'm an American, so yea, it's my holiday and I celebrate it.... even when I'm outside the country.

Whining about things you cannot change, and refusing to accept the past as the past and move on as one united people is what keeps racism alive in this country. Shame on you for choosing to promote racism rather than acceptance.

No one ever enslaved you. This 'poor me' attitude is pathetic.

I just discovered that my Grandpa was on an FBI watch list of suspected Communists, ironic because he hated the Communists as much as anyone and blamed them for the decline of Italy.

I don't want reparations, I want an a real American 4th of July, proud of what we tried to accomplish here

I want an America where the only place Progressive Ideology exists is in a Level IV BioContainment facility alongside smallpox and every other deadly plague.

That's what I want.

No one ever enslaved you. This 'poor me' attitude is pathetic.

I'd find it less pathetic if Bass has the BBQ baby-back ribs done in time for my 5th Mint Julep.

After centuries of rigorous training, Blacks make wonderful BBQ.

breadbaking-southafricafoodhistory.jpg

Last edited:
Does that read like it is announcing LIBERTY for slaves?

I'm reminded of how the democrat party punished Michigan and Florida for their early primaries by allowing it's delegates only 3/5ths of a vote.
No one saw the irony.

As for slaves?
Never owned, bought, or even f#*king seen one in my entire life. But if you're still hung up about the intitution of slavery, you need to be up on a few facts.
One. Contrary to popular opinion, white people didn't go into Africa to round up blacks to be forced into slavery. The black's own country men did that to them. They then sold them at Elmina Castle. Google it.
Two. Africa is a continent where slavery is still practiced. Apparently they don't seem to offended by it.
Three. It really is the height of audacity to ask modern Americans, most who's heritage is post Civil War, to pay for suffering of generations past to the present day generation bemoaning attrocities they never suffered.
This entire issue is like talking to children who are hung up on one chapter of a book and can think of nothing else.
Get over it.

This is indeed a travesty. The American government needs to compile a list of blacks who 'mourn' the 4th of July, determine where their ancestors came from and pay for a 1-way ticket back to their homeland.

I've offered Charlie a one way ticket to any country he cares to claim. So far, he has chosen not to avail himself of this generous offer.

Never mind what the actually newly freed slaves themselves thought at the time.
By the time of Emancipation, African-Americans were now native to the United States and did not want to leave. Most believed that their labor had made the land theirs as well as that of the whites.
I don't understand why some blacks today buy into this propaganda of anti America and anti white America.
Why can't you just celebrate America's Birthday without the poor me race card?
Why can't you be happy and proud to be an American?
Be happy that you are a Black American and not still in Africa, where so many blacks are still really suffering with starvation and being killed for being Christians and a whole lot of other problems there.

If I were black, I would hate America too. Can't say I blame them. No fully functioning society can ever be actualized through the forced integration of the White and African Races. Jefferson, Monroe, Lincoln, and Marcus Garvey, to name a few, understood this, and supported peaceful repatriation to this end. The wrong of slavery can never be corrected as al slaves and slaveholders are dead. But we can give Africans a sense of kinship, cultural coherency, and unified purpose, by encouraging them to a forge a future back in Africa with their own people. And seeing as "African Americans" have statistically higher IQs than their Pure African counterparts, their reentrance into African Society might very well elevate the quality of life in Africa(can't get much lower), and perhaps a crop of decent leaders to lead African nations into the future can be forged from this African American class. Of course, this is all hypothetical and voluntary, but I think Africans and Whites would be better off and at better terms with one another at the end of the day if this plan came to fruition.

The wrong of slavery can never be corrected as al slaves and slaveholders are dead.

that depends on how you look at it; since anyone who was a slave has been dead for oh 70 years, same goes for those that owned them.

I do believe the Moynihan Report hit on some salients points regards slavery's 'hang over', redress started in 1963.

To bad the social constructs created for/to redress have been running for a generation and have apparently exacerbated many of the very same points he made.

example-

The Moynihan Report has had long-lasting and important implications. Writing to President Lyndon Johnson, then-Assistant Secretary of Labor Patrick Moynihan argued that, without access to jobs and the means to contribute meaningful support to a family, black men would become systematically alienated from their roles as husbands and fathers. This would cause rates of divorce, abandonment and out-of-wedlock births to skyrocket in the black community (a trend that had already begun by the mid-1960s)—leading to vast increases in the numbers of female-headed households and the high rates of poverty, low educational outcomes, and inflated rates of abuse that are associated with them. Moynihan made a compelling contemporary argument for the provision of jobs, job programs, vocational training, and educational programs for the Black community. Modern scholars, including Douglas Massey, now consider the report one of the more influential in the construction of the War on Poverty.

and-

Walter E. Williams lucidly and succinctly divines;

Moynihan generally concluded in the report: "The steady expansion of welfare programs can be taken as a measure of the steady disintegration of the Negro family structure over the past generation in the United States".

The Negro Family: The Case For National Action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To bad the social constructs created for/to redress have been running for a generation and have apparently exacerbated many of the very same points he made and have imho, proved both Moynihan & Williams exactly right.

Its one thing to look at the past, its another to live in it.

Bass,
I'll gladly start a fund to pay reparations, for every day that YOU, PERSONALLY, were a slave, and/or for every slave I ever PERSONALLY owned. Since neither of us is 150 years old, I think it's safe to say the balance due will be exactly....$.00. The only way you could ever be remotely considered an "escaped slave", is if you were to run away from Marse Barry's Liberal Plantation, and I don't imagine that is very likely.

Now then, one of the great things about America is, that if you don't wish to celebrate Independence Day, all you will do, is miss the fun. You're not going to be shot for it, persecuted for it, or hauled off to the gulag for it; matter of fact, you likely won't even get too much criticism for it. On balance, I have to say I think that's your loss, but everyone to his own cup of whatever. I'm sorry you feel that way, but no one else is going to be hurt by it (not even those you resent), and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I asked a simple question that you're not able to answer, the fact of the matter is that 4th of July didn't matter to blacks because it had nothing to do with our freedom and Independence so why should we celebrate a holiday that didn't and doesn't apply to all Americans? Its no gain for me to celebrate it so its no loss not to.

Sure it does.

While it may have been a rocky start..black people have done very well in this country.

In fact..one is now leading it.

American Exceptionalism.

Now celebrate.:lol:

This is indeed a travesty. The American government needs to compile a list of blacks who 'mourn' the 4th of July, determine where their ancestors came from and pay for a 1-way ticket back to their homeland.

I've offered Charlie a one way ticket to any country he cares to claim. So far, he has chosen not to avail himself of this generous offer.

That wont work either
'Extreme Home Makeover' House Threatened With Foreclosure - News Story - WSB Atlanta

Bass,
I'll gladly start a fund to pay reparations, for every day that YOU, PERSONALLY, were a slave, and/or for every slave I ever PERSONALLY owned. Since neither of us is 150 years old, I think it's safe to say the balance due will be exactly....$.00. The only way you could ever be remotely considered an "escaped slave", is if you were to run away from Marse Barry's Liberal Plantation, and I don't imagine that is very likely.

Now then, one of the great things about America is, that if you don't wish to celebrate Independence Day, all you will do, is miss the fun. You're not going to be shot for it, persecuted for it, or hauled off to the gulag for it; matter of fact, you likely won't even get too much criticism for it. On balance, I have to say I think that's your loss, but everyone to his own cup of whatever. I'm sorry you feel that way, but no one else is going to be hurt by it (not even those you resent), and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I asked a simple question that you're not able to answer, the fact of the matter is that 4th of July didn't matter to blacks because it had nothing to do with our freedom and Independence so why should we celebrate a holiday that didn't and doesn't apply to all Americans? Its no gain for me to celebrate it so its no loss not to.

so then all that's left is for you to stop bitching about it. Happy Fourth of July.

You can hold onto the hate for past wrongs all you want to, it will avail you nothing but wasted time and energy. You can look at the current situation and bitch about it all you want, but again it will avail you nothing. Or so you set about doing something constructive about it. Slavery is long gone and dead, why don't you remove the chains?

You can hold onto the hate for past wrongs all you want to, it will avail you nothing but wasted time and energy. You can look at the current situation and bitch about it all you want, but again it will avail you nothing. Or so you set about doing something constructive about it. Slavery is long gone and dead, why don't you remove the chains?

Hates for past wrongs? What would you expect blacks to do in a country where Presidents can't even bring themselves to apologize for slavery ala Bill Clinton? This thread isn't about slavery moron, I asked the question as to whether blacks should celebrate the Fourth of July since the holiday wasn't about the freedom of all Americans because my ancestors never mattered when it was created? I don't give a damn about your guilt complex, it isn't my job to placate your conscious.

Bass,

Sure it does.

While it may have been a rocky start..black people have done very well in this country.

American Exceptionalism.

I ask the question again since people can't get it right, should black people celebrate the 4th of July when it didn't apply to our ancestors? Why should we celebrate it when the 4th of July had nothing to do with American "Exceptionalism?" The holiday isn't relevant to us, it wasn't fought for the freedom of my ancestors.

Sure it does.

American Exceptionalism.

I ask the question again since people can't get it right, should black people celebrate the 4th of July when it didn't apply to our ancestors? Why should we celebrate it when the 4th of July had nothing to do with American "Exceptionalism?" The holiday isn't relevant to us, it wasn't fought for the freedom of my ancestors.

Sure it was. Don't forget you're only 55-65% African (according to your own dna testing). The other 35-45% is former slave owner, whether you like it or not.

Sure it does.

American Exceptionalism.

Sure it is.

Americans fought and died to end slavery. After the war..Black people weren't kicked out..quite the opposite. They were given all the rights anyone else had..and during the 1950/60s more Americans fought to make sure that the idiots denying black people their rights understood that.

Now we have a black man in the white house.

You wanna be angry over the history, it's your right to do so.

But America has bled American blood to right the wrongs done to black people.

Forum List

Back