Should we blacks celebrate 4th of July? Not this escaped slave!

I looked at the tags for this thread and they're are some of the most disgusting things that anyone could say about anyone just because a person states his reasons for not wanting to celebrate a holiday. Well I didn't celebrate the fourth of July either yesterday and if anyone wants to question my loyalty I will gladly put my four deployments in support of my country in Iraq and Afghanistan against their barbecue cook outs and fireworks and we'll see who they real patriots are. You want to call Bass a racist but can't admitout right that on the fourth of July 235 years ago the state of black people were facked up, you want people to sincerely believe that the passage of time should be enough and you wonder why race relations haven't improved.

I looked at the tags for this thread and they're are some of the most disgusting things that anyone could say about anyone just because a person states his reasons for not wanting to celebrate a holiday. Well I didn't celebrate the fourth of July either yesterday and if anyone wants to question my loyalty I will gladly put my four deployments in support of my country in Iraq and Afghanistan against their barbecue cook outs and fireworks and we'll see who they real patriots are. You want to call Bass a racist but can't admitout right that on the fourth of July 235 years ago the state of black people were facked up, you want people to sincerely believe that the passage of time should be enough and you wonder why race relations haven't improved.
If you continue to live in the past, you will have the race relations of the past. Self-fulfilling idiot.

Moron.

Bass,
I'll gladly start a fund to pay reparations, for every day that YOU, PERSONALLY, were a slave, and/or for every slave I ever PERSONALLY owned. Since neither of us is 150 years old, I think it's safe to say the balance due will be exactly....$.00. The only way you could ever be remotely considered an "escaped slave", is if you were to run away from Marse Barry's Liberal Plantation, and I don't imagine that is very likely.

Now then, one of the great things about America is, that if you don't wish to celebrate Independence Day, all you will do, is miss the fun. You're not going to be shot for it, persecuted for it, or hauled off to the gulag for it; matter of fact, you likely won't even get too much criticism for it. On balance, I have to say I think that's your loss, but everyone to his own cup of whatever. I'm sorry you feel that way, but no one else is going to be hurt by it (not even those you resent), and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I asked a simple question that you're not able to answer, the fact of the matter is that 4th of July didn't matter to blacks because it had nothing to do with our freedom and Independence so why should we celebrate a holiday that didn't and doesn't apply to all Americans? Its no gain for me to celebrate it so its no loss not to.

Fair enough. So the rest of us take the day off and you guys wait on us, chauffeur us, shine our shoes, get the yard looking snappy and whatnot.

Race relations haven't improved as much as they could have because assholes like Bass hold onto shit that was corrected 150 years ago.
Bas was not a slave. No one he has ever met was a slave, Until he chooses to be an American instead of an African American, he can remain quite comfortable hating this country.
Bottom line: If you want to be an American, get over slavery. If you want to be African, there are planes leaving every day.

Clause 3: Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.

See the above?

Does that read like it is announcing LIBERTY for slaves?

Are you really that stupid?

I don't know what they are teaching in school these days, but the three-fifths clause in the Constitution did not mean blacks were subhuman. It was actually designed to reduce the power of the slave-owning states in the U.S. Congress. Counting slaves as three-fifths of a person in the Census was actually a compromise position reached between northern and southern states at the 1787 Philadelphia Convention. Delegates opposed to slavery didn't want to count slaves in the Census at all, because it would inflate the representation of the slave owning states in Congress. The number of representatives in Congress was determined by the number of people being represented. Counting slaves a full persons, as the slave owning states wished to do, would only increase the political power of the slave owners. Thus, the three-fifths compromise was reached. It would have been better if the wishes of the anti-slavery people had won out, and slaves were not counted at all, and only free persons were counted. (note – free black people were counted as full persons). After all, it's not like the interests of the slaves were being represented in Congress by the slave owners. Only the slave owners interests were being represented. Counting black slaves as full persons at that time would have only increased the power of their masters. Not a desirable outcome.

Even counting slaves as three-fifths of a person instead of non-persons, as odd as it sounds, had profound political repercussions. It increased the power of the slave states. From Wikipedia:

The three-fifths ratio, or "Federal ratio" had a major effect on pre-Civil War political affairs due to the disproportionate representation of slaveholding states relative to voters. For example, in 1793 slave states would have been apportioned 33 seats in the House of Representatives had the seats been assigned based on the free population; instead they were apportioned 47. In 1812, slaveholding states had 76 instead of the 59 they would have had; in 1833, 98 instead of 73. As a result, southerners dominated the Presidency, the Speakership of the House, and the Supreme Court in the period prior to the Civil War.

After the Civil War and abolition, the three-fifths compromise was superseded by the Fourteenth Amendment in 1868, which reads, ""Representatives shall be apportioned …counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed..." There was no longer a need to reduce the power of slave owning states after slavery was thankfully ended. The Fifteenth Amendment, ratified in 1870, gave black men the right to vote. That left women as societal outcasts. Women didn't get the right to vote for another fifty years, when the Nineteenth Amendment was ratified in 1920.

In summary, the next time you hear someone say the "three fifths of a person" clause means the Founders thought blacks were subhuman, know they are ignorant of history. The ones who thought blacks were subhuman were the SLAVE OWNERS, who wanted black slaves to be counted as full persons to serve their own nefarious ends.

History: Three-Fifths Of A Person
by Da King on January 18, 2011

How many WHITE union soldiers died to free the slaves? 365K!!!

Slavery ended in the 1860s and THREE constitutional amendmends were written specifically for African Americans! No celebrating the 4th means you hate this country. If you hate this country then you should voluntarily give up your citizenship and move to Africa or whatever country will take ya!

We have a Black man in the presidency and a highly incompetent one, so I would say Blacks in America have come a long way. Is a white child born into poverty in America any less challenged than black child born into poverty? Absolutely not!

Bass,
I'll gladly start a fund to pay reparations, for every day that YOU, PERSONALLY, were a slave, and/or for every slave I ever PERSONALLY owned. Since neither of us is 150 years old, I think it's safe to say the balance due will be exactly....$.00. The only way you could ever be remotely considered an "escaped slave", is if you were to run away from Marse Barry's Liberal Plantation, and I don't imagine that is very likely.

Now then, one of the great things about America is, that if you don't wish to celebrate Independence Day, all you will do, is miss the fun. You're not going to be shot for it, persecuted for it, or hauled off to the gulag for it; matter of fact, you likely won't even get too much criticism for it. On balance, I have to say I think that's your loss, but everyone to his own cup of whatever. I'm sorry you feel that way, but no one else is going to be hurt by it (not even those you resent), and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I asked a simple question that you're not able to answer, the fact of the matter is that 4th of July didn't matter to blacks because it had nothing to do with our freedom and Independence so why should we celebrate a holiday that didn't and doesn't apply to all Americans? Its no gain for me to celebrate it so its no loss not to.

Did you celebrate the 4th Basss-tard?

If you continue to live in the past, you will have the race relations of the past. Self-fulfilling idiot.

Moron.

So are blacks and other minorities the reason why race relations in this country is still facked up? Who's talking like a victim with victim mentality now?

Why is it mostly whites who keep saying blacks are living in the past whenever we discuss slavery? Do you think celebrating the fourth of July is living in past? Passage of time doesn't heal shat, the only reason you come up with that excuse is because it involves having to acknowledge something uncomfortable.

Moron.

So are blacks and other minorities the reason why race relations in this country is still facked up? Who's talking like a victim with victim mentality now?

Why is it mostly whites who keep saying blacks are living in the past whenever we discuss slavery? Do you think celebrating the fourth of July is living in past? Passage of time doesn't heal shat, the only reason you come up with that excuse is because it involves having to acknowledge something uncomfortable.
How were you, personally, affected by slavery?

Moron.

Yes, mostly.

Moron.

Of course you can't comprehend: If you continue to live in the past you will get race relations of the past.

It's self-fulfilling on your part.

Moron.

This thread you piece of trash is about blacks and 4th of July, not race relations, can't you retards stay on topic without getting overwhelmed with a collective sense of guilt about what happened years ago? My position is that 4th of July is irrelevant to blacks as a celebratory holiday because our ancestors were slaves in 1776 and none of what was written in the Declaration if Independence applied to my ancestors. The holiday is essentially a celebration of American whites being independent from the British Crown.

Moron.

Yes, mostly.

So if black people shut up and quit talking about racism and the sorry state of race relations racism will not exist? Thats the most retarded view I've every heard. Lets get one thing straight retard, it isn't the job of black people to take away and soothe the guilt, bad feelings and embarrassment that you crackers feel because of the actions of your ancestors.

This thread you piece of trash is about blacks and 4th of July, not race relations, can't you retards stay on topic without getting overwhelmed with a collective sense of guilt about what happened years ago? My position is that 4th of July is irrelevant to blacks as a celebratory holiday because our ancestors were slaves in 1776 and none of what was written in the Declaration if Independence applied to my ancestors. The holiday is essentially a celebration of American whites being independent from the British Crown.

I doubt any of your ancestors were slaves.

Oh and what do you say to the blacks who had ancestors that fought for our independence?

African-Americans, slaves and free blacks, served on both sides during the war. Black soldiers served in northern militias from the outset, but this was forbidden in the South, where slave owners feared arming slaves. Lord Dunmore, the Royal Governor of Virginia, issued an emancipation proclamation in November 1775, promising freedom to runaway slaves who fought for the British; General Sir Henry Clinton issued a similar edict in New York in 1779. Tens of thousands of slaves escaped to the British lines, although possibly as few as 1,000 served under arms. Many of the rest served as orderlies, mechanics, laborers, servants, scouts and guides, although more than half died in smallpox epidemics that swept the British forces, and a number were driven out of the British lines when food ran low. Despite Dunmore's promises, the majority were not given their freedom.[5]

Due to manpower shortages, Washington lifted the ban on black enlistment in the Continental Army in January 1776. All-black units were formed in Rhode Island and Massachusetts; many were slaves promised freedom for serving in lieu of their masters. Another all-black unit came from Haiti with French forces. At least 5,000 black soldiers fought for the Revolutionary cause.[6][7][8]

Most American Indians east of the Mississippi River were affected by the war, with many communities dividing over the question of how to respond to the conflict. Most Native Americans who joined the fight fought against the United States, since native lands were threatened by expanding American settlement. An estimated 13,000 warriors fought on the British side; the largest group, the Iroquois Confederacy, fielded about 1,500 warriors against the Americans.[2]

Yes, mostly.

So if black people shut up and quit talking about racism and the sorry state of race relations racism will not exist? Thats the most retarded view I've every heard. Lets get one thing straight retard, it isn't the job of black people to take away and soothe the guilt, bad feelings and embarrassment that you crackers feel because of the actions of your ancestors.

Blacks are far more racist than whites.

So, it's an irrelevant celebration for all Americans except the members of DAR.

What a fucking moron you are.

Forum List

Back