Should the US split Up?

YOU DO REALIZE that the both of you....Immie and Willow, are part of that 47% of the people that Romney calls ''takers''....you with your unemployment, probably food stamps (but not certain?)as well during that unemployed period and willow with her SS and certainly with her 'medicare' that she receives that costs more than she put in to it, DON'T YOU?

THAT 47% number, spewed all over the right wing media net machine, INCLUDED the 2 of you.....the unemployed and those receiving medicare, in order to reach that 47% number of ''takers''....:eusa_eh:

so, it's kind of amusing to see the 2 of YOU speaking about these people as if they are the ''other guy''!!! :tongue:

Care

Excuse me, I paid into the unemployment system through my employer for my entire life and no... never took a dime of welfare. In fact, the government took damn near as much away from my savings as it gave me during the two and a half years of unemployment because I had to pay penalties on using my retirement savings just to stay alive.

Also, Romney was not talking so much about people who received government benefits but rather those who took and... here is the kicker... who refused to do anything to better themselves and expected the goverment (aka Democrats) to supply it for them... those who would not get off their asses and at least try to find work.

He was talking about those who would only vote for Obama because, well, here let me let them do their talking for them...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI"]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio"]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

"47% of the people will vote for Obama", "They believe they are entitled", "They believe they are victims".

Sorry, I did not vote for Obama. Sorry, I do not believe I am entitled. Sorry, I am only a victim of the drunk driver that rear ended my car and destroyed my back.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvqHERTcytI"]Mitt Romney in video: 47 percent of Americans 'Believe they are Victims' and feel 'Entitled' - YouTube[/ame]

I am not part of the 47%, but neither am I part of the 1%.

Immie
immie, you can't get to ''47 PERCENT'' without counting those on unemployment....all the articles on the ''takers'' included those receiving unemployment and all of those not paying income taxes because they didn't earn enough income to owe any.....like the seniors living off of the SS....

I don't happen to agree with Romney's sentiment on those ''47 PERCENT'' as takers, BUT you are indeed COUNTED in that 47 PERCENT figure.....you were one of those people that he labeled as a ''taker'' if you were ''unemployed''.....that's a fact. not even 10% of adults in this country are ON TANF WELFARE.....the 47% included YOU, the unemployed, who worked their whole lives but were unfortunate enough to be laid off....

if romney 'didn't mean YOU, then he shouldn't have used the 47 PERCENT as his figure on 'takers'.....

The Democrats defined the 47%....Romney did Not....that's what made it so interesting and quite telling.

You Know.. I'm not in favor of the country splitting..It's God Bless America as far as I'm concerned.

..but it has been an interesting discussion... thanks

A petition by Texas to secede (as far as I know) apparently has gathered enough votes for the white house to comment, but it'll amount to squat. There might be widespread discontent along party lines, and polarization among state populations, but the US has been much too long a unified country, in terms of government apparatus, and economic interconnectivity, to split again.

It won't happen. And so it's a moot point (whether should or should not), as far as I'm concerned. At the moment, anyway.

More interesting is why it won't happen, imo.

In a true democracy, which offhand Athens is a good historical example, this sort of thing would be all too easy. Or perhaps with a less centralized and established federal government, and the election of a president who is likely to outlaw a certain practice which was, pretty sure, integral to the economy of one half of the country........where the dividing line is relatively neat....a line between north and south, then it would also be (obviously) easy.

So I think it's interesting to note that because there is so much established government apparatus that isn't affected very much by elections, or representatives themselves, therefore this sort of thing will never happen again. (Or is not likely to at all).

And we're not hardly as divided as some think, regardless of the strength of the federal government compared to 150 years ago.

This is the sort of thing that fuels rhetoric, mostly.

It's not 1860.

The division in this nation does not break down easily into free versus slave states.

So in every state, regardless of what new nation that state joined, there'd be millions of people longing to be a part of the other new nation.

Such an event would leave tens of million of Americans trapped in a nation they don't want to be a part of.

Such a division of this nation would likely lead to civil wars in both new nations.

I understand and am somewhat sympathetic to the frustration that motivates the call for a break up of this nation, but the idea is completely unworkable.

It's not 1860.

The division in this nation does not break down easily into free versus slave states.

So in every state, regardless of what new nation that state joined, there'd be millions of people longing to be a part of the other new nation.

Such an event would leave tens of million of Americans trapped in a nation they don't want to be a part of.

Such a division of this nation would likely lead to civil wars in both new nations.

I understand and am somewhat sympathetic to the frustration that motivates the call for a break up of this nation, but the idea is completely unworkable.

Not that any of this is even remotely close to happening, but, it wouldn't be that hard to work. Let every citizen pick his side and live within that nation. The idea that some arbitrary line means I can't go somewhere is rather silly anyway.

We should have a serious conversation about a peaceful break up.

California to the Mexicans would be a great starting point.

May as well. Obama has seen to it that we're irreversabily divided. There's no more down side.

Because you rail for the Republicans and blast the Democrats when they do the same thing. Really tired of seeing nothing but partisan bullshit on this forum

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth..........

We should have a serious conversation about a peaceful break up.

California to the Mexicans would be a great starting point.

California would go to the Chinese since they already own so much of it. It's not an unpleasant prospect since they already know how to deal with illegal immigrants.

This could work...

AmericanDivide.gif

You should probably check which states are actually paying out more in taxes than they bring in. The US in your map collapses inside a decade.

The facts are these: The nation can not survive without the investment income and capital from the Blue states any more than the nation can survive without the resources from the Red States. Any split up of the USA ends with dictatorships in the Red states when they collapse financially and irrelevance for the Blue States on the global stage.

This could work...

AmericanDivide.gif

You should probably check which states are actually paying out more in taxes than they bring in. The US in your map collapses inside a decade.

The facts are these: The nation can not survive without the investment income and capital from the Blue states any more than the nation can survive without the resources from the Red States. Any split up of the USA ends with dictatorships in the Red states when they collapse financially and irrelevance for the Blue States on the global stage.

LOL

More Libtard 'facts' pulled from the ass.

This could work...

AmericanDivide.gif

Here's the new map.

As if Things Weren't Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S. - WSJ.com

California will form the nucleus of what he calls "The Californian Republic," and will be part of China or under Chinese influence. Texas will be the heart of "The Texas Republic," a cluster of states that will go to Mexico or fall under Mexican influence. Washington, D.C., and New York will be part of an "Atlantic America" that may join the European Union. Canada will grab a group of Northern states Prof. Panarin calls "The Central North American Republic." Hawaii, he suggests, will be a protectorate of Japan or China, and Alaska will be subsumed into Russia.

Forum List

Back