Niger revokes military accord with US, junta spokesperson says

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
Now Niger is throwing us out of their country. The latest result of the spectacular foreign policy genius of the most experienced foreign policy man in the world.

I'm fine getting out of Niger, but not getting thrown out. There is absolutely no respect for the US anymore. Anywhere. And it's completely understandable.

There were about 1,100 U.S. troops in Niger as of last year, where the U.S. military operates out of two bases, including a drone base known as Air Base 201, built near Agadez in central Niger at a cost of more than $100 million.

Since 2018 the base has been used to target Islamic State militants and Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen, an al Qaeda affiliate, in the Sahel region.
Abdramane said the status and presence of U.S. troops in Niger was illegal and violated constitutional and democratic rules because, according to the spokesperson, it was unilaterally imposed on the African nation in 2012.

He said Niger was not aware of the number of U.S. civilian and military personnel on its soil or the amount of equipment deployed and, according to the agreement, the U.S. military had no obligation to respond to any request for help against militants.

"In light of all the above, the government of Niger, revokes with immediate effect the agreement concerning the status of United States military personnel and civilian employees of the American Department of Defense on the territory of the Republic of Niger," Abdramane said.

Here is the announcement, in French.

does one dare to write the name Niger openly in any forum?

what will woke people say now?

Damn, does that mean Biden is going to leave all of our equipment behind again?

does one dare to write the name Niger openly in any forum?

what will woke people say now?
I just ran across Blazing Saddles and watched the beginning of it. I'm not sure our society could survive a screening of that movie today. Here is a sample.

Now Niger is throwing us out of their country. The latest result of the spectacular foreign policy genius of the most experienced foreign policy man in the world.

I'm fine getting out of Niger, but not getting thrown out. There is absolutely no respect for the US anymore. Anywhere. And it's completely understandable.

There were about 1,100 U.S. troops in Niger as of last year, where the U.S. military operates out of two bases, including a drone base known as Air Base 201, built near Agadez in central Niger at a cost of more than $100 million.

Since 2018 the base has been used to target Islamic State militants and Jama'at Nusrat al-Islam wal Muslimeen, an al Qaeda affiliate, in the Sahel region.
Abdramane said the status and presence of U.S. troops in Niger was illegal and violated constitutional and democratic rules because, according to the spokesperson, it was unilaterally imposed on the African nation in 2012.

He said Niger was not aware of the number of U.S. civilian and military personnel on its soil or the amount of equipment deployed and, according to the agreement, the U.S. military had no obligation to respond to any request for help against militants.

"In light of all the above, the government of Niger, revokes with immediate effect the agreement concerning the status of United States military personnel and civilian employees of the American Department of Defense on the territory of the Republic of Niger," Abdramane said.

sad news!

Well, the US should immediately stop all foreign aid to Niger and destroy every facility and building that we have built since we arrived. It’s their country and they have the right to order us to leave, but we have the right to not leave anything paid for by the American taxpayer in usable condition.

Well, the US should immediately stop all foreign aid to Niger and destroy every facility and building that we have built since we arrived. It’s their country and they have the right to order us to leave, but we have the right to not leave anything paid for by the American taxpayer in usable condition.
Like we did in Afghanistan?

Evidently conservatives are incredibly pissed that the U.S. is not wasting soldier lives and taxpayer money accomplishing absolutely nothing in Afghanistan anymore

Can you provide a list of all the equipment we have in Niger?
US military inventory is not my job. I mean i huess if you gave me a million dollars to pay some high end hackers, i might be able to answer that question. :dunno:

US military inventory is not my job. I mean i huess if you gave me a million dollars to pay some high end hackers, i might be able to answer that question. :dunno:

yet somehow you are an expert on the equipment left in Afghanistan

Forum List

Back