Should the US split Up?

Obviously a non-serious question, but the negative liberal overreaction is in interesting contrast to the claim that the people residing in Blue states are better educated than their Red state counterparts. LOL, wouldn't it leave Blue states better off if they weren't hobbled by their association with Red state taxpayers?

As a matter of fact. Most blue states send more to the federal government than they recieved. Most red states recieve more than they send in. Just a simple fact. The red states are the welfare states.

However, seems you people tried seccession once already, how did that work out?:badgrin:

Obviously a non-serious question, but the negative liberal overreaction is in interesting contrast to the claim that the people residing in Blue states are better educated than their Red state counterparts. LOL, wouldn't it leave Blue states better off if they weren't hobbled by their association with Red state taxpayers?

As a matter of fact. Most blue states send more to the federal government than they recieved. Most red states recieve more than they send in. Just a simple fact. The red states are the welfare states.

However, seems you people tried seccession once already, how did that work out?:badgrin:

They got their ass kicked.....

They like those ass kicking so much to where they got their ass kicked again.... That's one bad ass..... :lol::lol::lol:

Divide and conquer is the lrecurring theme of Israel foreign policy.

Jackson put down nullifiers by calling for troops and sending word he would hang those who threatened to secede.

Buchanan hugged Bell and watched while Floyd turned weapons over to the South.

How much better it would have been had Buchanan, Bell and Floyd been hanged before Sumter could ignite the civil war.

SHOCKLEY

So you are a believer in the "Divided We Stand" school of thought?

No, I think we will fall if we remain divided, but that does not mean I want it to happen.

Immie

We've already failed. The takers are in such numbers that they will win all the elections, there is not enough money in the economy to satisfy the takers. bend over and kiss your ass goodbye Immie.

LOL. Now Widyo Willyo, time for a reality check. The blue states are the ones that send more money to the federal government than they recieve. The red states are the ones that take more from the federal government than they send in. So the red are the welfare states. The very people that vote Republican.

I'm down with selling the south to mexico or china. It would pay off the debt and then some, plus getting most all of the GOP trash the hell out of the country so freedom and liberty can prevail :up:
Liberty doesn't come from Gov't.

It does when you're a totalitarian supporter and in charge...they have all the "liberty" they want. Of course the peons are screwed but what do the elite care.

Walleyes, you dumb asses lost. Get over it, happens in a democracy.

"We've already failed. The takers are in such numbers that they will win all the elections, there is not enough money in the economy to satisfy the takers. bend over and kiss your ass goodbye Immie."

There are no takers, just victims of the Pub Cronyism and corruption World Depression, hater dupe.

We're all Americans, the gigantic Pub Propaganda Machine is a disgrace. Bring back the Fairness Doctrine- almost half the country are living in a hateful alternate universe. ACA is not communism, it's a Pub health reform plan LOL

Jackson had a kind streak, however.
He promised the South Carolinian leaders that he would furnish each of them a new rope.

They might not have valued the new rope offer,
but they did back off in time to esceape the hanging tree
and so we moved on to 1861,

It should be noted, however, that Jackson did act to help to modify the Tariffs of Abomination.
Lincoln also tried reconciliation by agreeing to protect slavery where it was established but the Yanceys and other firebrands wanted war and they got it and a crow could fly down the Shenandoah Valley without finding a seed to eat and Sherman burned a swath through the South that is still worth remembering this Veteran's Day of 2012.

SHOCKLEY

So you are a believer in the "Divided We Stand" school of thought?

No, I think we will fall if we remain divided, but that does not mean I want it to happen.

Immie

We've already failed. The takers are in such numbers that they will win all the elections, there is not enough money in the economy to satisfy the takers. bend over and kiss your ass goodbye Immie.

We have only failed when those of us who care about this great nation quit caring i.e. give up.

The "takers" may out number us, but eventually things will turn around... at least I pray they will.

Immie

Immie

We have only failed when those of us who care about this great nation quit caring i.e. give up.

The "takers" may out number us, but eventually things will turn around... at least I pray they will.

Immie
YOU DO REALIZE that the both of you....Immie and Willow, are part of that 47% of the people that Romney calls ''takers''....you with your unemployment, probably food stamps (but not certain?)as well during that unemployed period and willow with her SS and certainly with her 'medicare' that she receives that costs more than she put in to it, DON'T YOU?

THAT 47% number, spewed all over the right wing media net machine, INCLUDED the 2 of you.....the unemployed and those receiving medicare, in order to reach that 47% number of ''takers''....:eusa_eh:

so, it's kind of amusing to see the 2 of YOU speaking about these people as if they are the ''other guy''!!! :tongue:

Care

Last edited:
It's getting pretty obvious, according to the electoral map over the years that the American Union just isn't what it used to be, it's rapidly failing as a cohesive, working nation.

Is it really such a crazy idea that the result could be a two or more nation split?

Bye, bitches.

41e1a6233e6d1129_americans.xxxlarge_2.jpeg

beg us bitch, to help you.. you need it.

Immie
YOU DO REALIZE that the both of you....Immie and Willow, are part of that 47% of the people that Romney calls ''takers''....you with your unemployment, probably food stamps (but not certain?)as well during that unemployed period and willow with her SS and certainly with her 'medicare' that she receives that costs more than she put in to it, DON'T YOU?

THAT 47% number, spewed all over the right wing media net machine, INCLUDED the 2 of you.....the unemployed and those receiving medicare, in order to reach that 47% number of ''takers''....:eusa_eh:

so, it's kind of amusing to see the 2 of YOU speaking about these people as if they are the ''other guy''!!! :tongue:

Care

Excuse me, I paid into the unemployment system through my employer for my entire life and no... never took a dime of welfare. In fact, the government took damn near as much away from my savings as it gave me during the two and a half years of unemployment because I had to pay penalties on using my retirement savings just to stay alive.

Also, Romney was not talking so much about people who received government benefits but rather those who took and... here is the kicker... who refused to do anything to better themselves and expected the goverment (aka Democrats) to supply it for them... those who would not get off their asses and at least try to find work.

He was talking about those who would only vote for Obama because, well, here let me let them do their talking for them...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

"47% of the people will vote for Obama", "They believe they are entitled", "They believe they are victims".

Sorry, I did not vote for Obama. Sorry, I do not believe I am entitled. Sorry, I am only a victim of the drunk driver that rear ended my car and destroyed my back.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvqHERTcytI]Mitt Romney in video: 47 percent of Americans 'Believe they are Victims' and feel 'Entitled' - YouTube[/ame]

I am not part of the 47%, but neither am I part of the 1%.

Immie

Last edited:
It's getting pretty obvious, according to the electoral map over the years that the American Union just isn't what it used to be, it's rapidly failing as a cohesive, working nation.

Is it really such a crazy idea that the result could be a two or more nation split?

It is really something I would never want to see happen. Divided/split, we are more vulnerable to foreign enemies. The way things are headed though, sadly I have to say a split while minute at this point in time, could be a reality in the near future. I would prefer to take this country back the same way the lefties took it over. And that begins with libertarians and conservatives getting teaching credentials and teaching in our schools. Running for supervisor spots, councils and local government, winning small, too! Did you know in one of California's most liberal county's(Alameda County), Christian conservatives won control of the county education board. It happened right under the noses of lefties and they never saw it coming.

We just have to form a battle plan to do things like in Alameda County, or like what talk show host Mark Levin is doing, having one of his books, "Liberty and Tyranny" soon to be published in Spanish. Rush is considering having his show rebroadcast in Spanish. But, doing things like this, is a beginning. We do this, no split will be needed and it will be fun watching the lefties squirm as they get beat at their own game.

As sundown, moon blind crazy as it sounds, I think this nation is functioning exactly as intended. Is that a good thing? For the powers that be, for sure--in my opinion; for us, the citizenry, likely not. A divided populace is the grease required to keep the rusted gears turning, and the "pilot" in his seat.

Two schools of thought. The servitors of the machinery--our elected officials and the system by which we empower them to lead or, if you like, dominate us as such, are just and faithful in their execution of and to the spirit of what the Founders intended; accordingly all is as it should be and we can relax, stand geographically united, ideologically divided all under one flag.

Or two, we've become so dependent on those same servitors to define for us what is liberty, what are our rights, thereby telling us what to think and how to interact with the political opposition. If the latter is more the contemporary case, then remaining united beneath a single flag may no longer satisfy the lifeblood principles we all conjure to mind when ruminating America as a historical singularity.

But I digress. The moon will set, sun will rise; our flag will fly and most everyone will disagree while agreeing on that which matters most. I for one find myself unsure what that is these days.

Immie

Care

Excuse me, I paid into the unemployment system through my employer for my entire life and no... never took a dime of welfare. In fact, the government took damn near as much away from my savings as it gave me during the two and a half years of unemployment because I had to pay penalties on using my retirement savings just to stay alive.

Also, Romney was not talking so much about people who received government benefits but rather those who took and... here is the kicker... who refused to do anything to better themselves and expected the goverment (aka Democrats) to supply it for them... those who would not get off their asses and at least try to find work.

He was talking about those who would only vote for Obama because, well, here let me let them do their talking for them...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

"47% of the people will vote for Obama", "They believe they are entitled", "They believe they are victims".

Sorry, I did not vote for Obama. Sorry, I do not believe I am entitled. Sorry, I am only a victim of the drunk driver that rear ended my car and destroyed my back.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvqHERTcytI]Mitt Romney in video: 47 percent of Americans 'Believe they are Victims' and feel 'Entitled' - YouTube[/ame]

Immie
Something I always wanted to ask about that Mother Jones vid.... do you guys really feel that none of the 47 percent voted for the Governor?

Immie

Care

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI"]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio"]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvqHERTcytI"]Mitt Romney in video: 47 percent of Americans 'Believe they are Victims' and feel 'Entitled' - YouTube[/ame]

Immie
immie, you can't get to ''47 PERCENT'' without counting those on unemployment....all the articles on the ''takers'' included those receiving unemployment and all of those not paying income taxes because they didn't earn enough income to owe any.....like the seniors living off of the SS....

I don't happen to agree with Romney's sentiment on those ''47 PERCENT'' as takers, BUT you are indeed COUNTED in that 47 PERCENT figure.....you were one of those people that he labeled as a ''taker'' if you were ''unemployed''.....that's a fact. not even 10% of adults in this country are ON TANF WELFARE.....the 47% included YOU, the unemployed, who worked their whole lives but were unfortunate enough to be laid off....

if romney 'didn't mean YOU, then he shouldn't have used the 47 PERCENT as his figure on 'takers'.....

Last edited:

I'm not really seeing your argument.

You claim the electoral map reveals we are more divided that we used to be, yet Obama won votes on all three coasts, in the south, the mid-west, and the west. How is that being more divided than in previous years?

Let's take a look at previous years.

In 1976 Carter won the Presidency without a single west coast state and only two states - Texas and Hawaii - that are entirely west of the Mississippi. You can't look at this map

wphax5c2.gif

and tell me it is LESS divided than this one:

2012electoralmapresultsfinal110812.jpg

can you?

What about the 1924 election?
THIS

350px-ElectoralCollege1924.svg.png

isn't MORE divided than the 2012 election?

Sorry but your claim that the electoral college indicates we are more divided than ever just does not hold water.

Forum List

Back