Should the Sons of Confederates Veterans get their license plates?

"Heil Hitler", "Allah Akbar", "White Power" and a lot of other idiotic declarations are only a stamping plate away.

Of course, freedom of expression allows all this. Freedom of intelligence would eschew it.

As you may have heard, a group called the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) wants to take advantage of a Texas program that allows private citizens to put their own message in their license plates. SCV's message would include a symbol of the Confederate flag.

There is debate as to whether this is public speech or private speech, or both.
I think this is a tricky case. What do you people think the Constitution calls for in this case? How do you think the judges will vote? This should be decided in the next couple of months.

It is no different than having license plates for ISIS. Both represent enmity toward the American people, and modern humanity. There should not be government sanction for such crap.
Disagree.

Such a prohibition would not be content neutral, nor an incidental restriction on speech, and consequently un-Constitutional.

What? Are these confederate douche-bags fabricating the plates themselves? Or is the state producing them?

As you may have heard, a group called the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) wants to take advantage of a Texas program that allows private citizens to put their own message in their license plates. SCV's message would include a symbol of the Confederate flag.

I think this is a tricky case. What do you people think the Constitution calls for in this case? How do you think the judges will vote? This should be decided in the next couple of months.

It is no different than having license plates for ISIS. Both represent enmity toward the American people, and modern humanity. There should not be government sanction for such crap.
Disagree.

Such a prohibition would not be content neutral, nor an incidental restriction on speech, and consequently un-Constitutional.

What? Are these confederate douche-bags fabricating the plates themselves? Or is the state producing them?
I don't understand. Are you referring to the people who manufacture the plates? The state pays for manufacturing it, but the Sons of the Confederates pay for the message they want in it. What does it matter who pays the metal workers who turn metal into a license plate?

Disagree.

I don't understand. Are you referring to the people who manufacture the plates? The state pays for manufacturing it, but the Sons of the Confederates pay for the message they want in it. What does it matter who pays the metal workers who turn metal into a license plate?

So, if ISIS paid for an ISIS message on license plates, that would be acceptable?

Disagree.

So, if ISIS paid for an ISIS message on license plates, that would be acceptable?
No, because there is a crime called "Providing material support to terrorists", and providing services to terrorists is listed as material support. 18 U.S. Code 2339A - Providing material support to terrorists US Law LII Legal Information Institute
Is SCV a terrorist organization?

Disagree.

No, because there is a crime called "Providing material support to terrorists", and providing services to terrorists is listed as material support. 18 U.S. Code 2339A - Providing material support to terrorists US Law LII Legal Information Institute

Certainly confederate images are associated with a particular terrorist group (the first group to be ascribed the term by the United States, in fact)

Disagree.

Certainly confederate images are associated with a particular terrorist group (the first group to be ascribed the term by the United States, in fact)
Why hasn't he FBI shut down their website or jailed it's members or closed its PO box?

Why hasn't he FBI shut down their website or jailed it's members or closed its PO box?

Probably would be harder to keep track of them

Disagree.

If I remember correctly, LPs are made in prisons. That's taxpayer money used to house and feed them unless the prison is contracted by private parties..

But even then the government, aka taxpayer, is paying the tab. It's the use of prison labor and whether the work they do is owned by the taxpayer that makes this a sensitive issue.

I'm going to predict that if the GOP wins the Whie House in 2016, the plates will adorn the vehices of southern White males all over the south. The new SOCV plates in the rear and the standard rebel battle flag plate in the front! White southern pride at it's finest: the historical atrocities and Black sensitivity be damned!

Here is their commander in chief, Charles Barrow. I'm going to ask you whether he is a terrorist or not.

CharlesKellyBarrow_250.jpg

Disagree.

If I remember correctly, LPs are made in prisons. That's taxpayer money used to house and feed them unless the prison is contracted by private parties..

But even then the government, aka taxpayer, is paying the tab. It's the use of prison labor and whether the work they do is owned by the taxpayer that makes this a sensitive issue.

I'm going to predict that if the GOP wins the Whie House in 2016, the plates will adorn the vehices of southern White males all over the south. The new SOCV plates in the rear and the standard rebel battle flag plate in the front! White southern pride at it's finest: the historical atrocities and Black sensitivity be damned!
SCV paid 8000 dollars for the plate. Comments?

Disagree.

Here is their commander in chief, Charles Barrow. I'm going to ask you whether he is a terrorist or not.

Head of a terrorist organization = terrorist. Yes.

Disagree.

When are they gonna arrest him?

When are they gonna arrest him?
That is improbable. As a racist, he is part of an intricate secret infrastructure that binds all White conservative makes together. This infrastructure has lines of communication and networking that were largely put in place by J Edgar Hoover.
Hoover was a Shriner...a 33rd degree mason; and, many policemen, judges and other authorities are affiliated with the masons. That includes White supremacy groups like the KKK. So, this guy is safe!

th

Disagree.

What do you mean they paid 8000 dollars for the plate? That doesn't make sense. Try again! Do you mean they paid 8000 dollars for rights to make the plate? Clarify please.

Disagree.

What do you mean they paid 8000 dollars for the plate? That doesn't make sense. Try again! Do you mean they paid 8000 dollars for rights to make the plate? Clarify please.

It sounds like they paid the state $8000 to specially make racist license plates for them.

"Heil Hitler", "Allah Akbar", "White Power" and a lot of other idiotic declarations are only a stamping plate away.

Of course, freedom of expression allows all this. Freedom of intelligence would eschew it.

Well, It all falls under the category of "states rights" I suppose. Since the Confederal Battle flag LPs are already ubiquitous throughout the land the SCV plates aren't any more subversive than that.The differnce being one plateis made by private enterprise and labor while the other is to be made and sanctioned by state government operatives. If taxpayers have any connection at all to the production of said plates, the interests of those opposed have been suborned.

The Confederacy only existed for about four years. The flag that flew from the stern of slave ships for 200 years was the Union Jack, the French flag, the Spanish flag and the Stars and Stripes. Which flag does the bigot left want to burn first? When I was in the Marines during the Vietnam War the radical left made sure that their right to free speech included shitting on the Stars and Stripes and waving the flag of our enemy. Have the rules changed in the last forty years?

Forum List

Back