SHould the mandate or the entire bill go?

The entire thing should go, and be replaced by a single-payer system.

Which is exactly what will happen eventually. If the Court strikes down the ACA, it will happen sooner.

Not a chance... There is no groundswell of American support for single payer...

It hasn't been offered as an option by any politicians, except at the state level, where it is popular.
Let it stay at a state level... What works, or is popular, at a state level is not necessarily what's best for an entire country...

Note what I posted above about the popularity of Medicare.
Medicare may be popular with those who need it, but it is a government money pit...

You want to EXPAND that exponentially?

Fuck that...

If You alter the meaning of a Quote, it is more than poor form. It is against the Rules.

It's actually not (I read them to check the first time someone brought that up), but in any case I never do alter the meaning of a quote.

I always remove superfluous rhetoric and personal insults, as they have no significance. I often remove "padding" that merely restates in more words the core statement that I quote and respond to. If a structure of argument hinges on one core point, I will sometimes quote and reply to that one core point and let the rest fall by implication if I succeed in refuting that point. And that's it.

Last edited:
then tell us why all other countries who have a single payer system have better care that is cheaper than ours?

If struck down in it's entirety, do you think congress would do anything at all to replace it? Not a chance in hell, we get to wait another ten or twenty years for something that should have been done twenty years ago.

You're right about that. Costs aren't going down. So persons that would have gotten their preventative medical care done will now wait until they self-present to the emergency room. What would have been handled by drug therapy for pennies will now be handled by procedures that costs dollars; hundreds of them.

Still, the mandate is unconstitutional as far as I can tell.

I'm really amused at the theory that all of the good ideas in the world were contained in our Constitution and anything suggested is prohibited (or may as well be) since it wasn't installed in 1787.

Have you heard of this thing called "The European Debt Crisis"

Only in right-wing propaganda outlets, even if that had any bearing on the subject under discussion, which it doesn't.

European and other single-payer health-care programs are doing fine and are nowhere near bankruptcy.

So you are denying that Europe is having a debt crisis? You Deny Greece's troubles? You deny it was caused by their governments spending more than they were taking in for entitlements?

Except for the Statist Progressive Attack on Individual Liberty, you are so Right.

Since there is no such thing -- it's a radical right-wing turnip ghost -- that means I am right, period.

Who are you kidding, besides yourself, Moron that you are. The Greatest threat to the Statist Progressive is Individual Witness, especially when the Testimony is against you. That is why you are so big on Character Assassination, and throwing Anyone not under Lock Step under the Bus. The Statist Progressive Demands the Sacrifice of Conscience, to the Collective, it has from the start. It has never been any other way, Comrade. ;)

Medicare may be popular with those who need it, but it is a government money pit...

Fuck that...

The reason why Medicare is facing financial problems is because it is limited to old people. Old people are the most expensive to cover, and because it is so limited Medicare lacks the bargaining leverage to control health-care costs.

If it were expanded to cover everyone, as similar programs are in other advanced nations, it would do fine, as those programs do.

Fuck that...

The reason why Medicare is facing financial problems is because it is limited to old people. Old people are the most expensive to cover, and because it is so limited Medicare lacks the bargaining leverage to control health-care costs.

If it were expanded to cover everyone, as similar programs are in other advanced nations, it would do fine, as those programs do.

Not as long as it is being mismanaged, sorry.

The Greatest threat to the Statist Progressive is Individual Witness, especially when the Testimony is against you.

I'm sorry, but I don't have time to argue religious dogma, and in any case that belongs on a different forum.

It is very telling that you continue to remove the context of our discussion when quoting me. Its as if you know you lost the argument but are being desperate trying to make something stick.

It's not "telling" at all, and you are simply making excuses. I always simplify quoted posts to the part that I intend to reply to, and I have no intention of changing that practice. If it bothers you, put me on ignore.

Yeah right i'm not going to put you on ignore, you are too fun to easily disprove with facts.

It is just very telling that you have no valid argument against my responses, if you did you wouldn't have to remove the entire context of my argument to try and "make a point"

If other governments do fine with a single-payer system, why would ours mismanage one? Is there some reason why the U.S. government is uniquely incompetent, compared to foreign governments?

Kill this bill.

Its fine , it was an attempted compromise with the right.

Its a fucking republican program.

Time for universal healthcare

If struck down in it's entirety, do you think congress would do anything at all to replace it? Not a chance in hell, we get to wait another ten or twenty years for something that should have been done twenty years ago.

You're right about that. Costs aren't going down. So persons that would have gotten their preventative medical care done will now wait until they self-present to the emergency room. What would have been handled by drug therapy for pennies will now be handled by procedures that costs dollars; hundreds of them.

Again, smaller bills with the stuff that nobody was arguing over could easily be passed... Unless, of course, the out of power democratics spend time whining and being sore losers...

Still, the mandate is unconstitutional as far as I can tell.

I'm really amused at the theory that all of the good ideas in the world were contained in our Constitution and anything suggested is prohibited (or may as well be) since it wasn't installed in 1787.

I'm amused that you people seem to forget there's an amendment process to alter the Constitution...

Yeah right i'm not going to put you on ignore, you are too fun to easily disprove with facts.

It is just very telling that you have no valid argument against my responses, if you did you wouldn't have to remove the entire context of my argument to try and "make a point"

How would you know until you' try?

If other governments do fine with a single-payer system, why would ours mismanage one? Is there some reason why the U.S. government is uniquely incompetent, compared to foreign governments?

We have examples of how our govt would not be able to manage something this large.

Look at the smaller medicare program
Look at the social security program
look at the post office
Look at amtrack

Hell look at Obama's "Budget" that just got voted down......see all that added debt in it? So many real world, factual examples, from our own government.

Should we talk about how anti-trust laws would prohibit one "company" from running all our healthcare like they do with every other industry?

Last edited:

Fuck that...

Bullshit... Our government cannot run anything efficiently...

We have examples of how our govt would not be able to manage something this large.

Are you going to answer my question? Is it just OUR government? Is the U.S. government uniquely incompetent, so that it would make a hash of a single-payer health-care program, when foreign governments do just fine with it?

If so, what the hell is wrong with us?

Others countries do it better than us right now.

how does that factor into your hate for everything American

If You alter the meaning of a Quote, it is more than poor form. It is against the Rules.

It's actually not (I read them to check the first time someone brought that up), but in any case I never do alter the meaning of a quote.

I always remove superfluous rhetoric and personal insults, as they have no significance. I often remove "padding" that merely restates in more words the core statement that I quote and respond to. If a structure of argument hinges on one core point, I will sometimes quote and reply to that one core point and let the rest fall by implication if I succeed in refuting that point. And that's it.

You are Wrong. PM a Moderator or Administrator, for Clarification.

Forum List

Back