Should the federal trials against Donald Trump be televised?

Heck yes please televise. Provides great entertainment for us retired folk. I love watching this stuff.

Gives lots of folk a chance to laugh. Can't create entertainment this good. I love the dysfunction.

The beauty of it is that no way the defense attorneys would be able to keep tRump from testifying. That attention where would never be able to sit there and keep his mouth shut. He would nail the coffin shut on himself. That would be premium theater right there.

You should order the extra large tub of KY Jelly.

Here is an interesting question: Would the “Founding Fathers,” were they alive today, advocate an open (today that would mean televised) trial? Would that be in the best interests of the country?

Donald Trump’s lawyer has reportedly requested this, and our very Conservative Supreme Court may eventually rule on it. I believe it is a very good idea, even though such Federal Trials are by custom not televised.

We will have millions of Americans following the important D.C & Florida cases via their favorite media “spin doctors” in any case. We have seen there is virtually no possibility of a national consensus developing this way.

But a courtroom trial before a jury is very different, since both sides can present arguments and evidence (which the Judge can control for “relevance”) and the prosecution and defense cases are not made primarily to reinforce the political prejudices of an uninformed audience, but to convince jurors who in the course of the trial will hear abundant testimony, evidence and arguments from both sides.

Whatever the trial outcome, an open televised trial in my opinion will be an important way to educate viewers.

Perhaps not live, but once the verdict is over, then televise it

Perhaps not live, but once the verdict is over, then televise it
I favor it be broadcast live, which I think is probably the best way to maximize citizen attention, but you are right that there should at least be a complete recording of the trial. … for posterity.

Maybe Trump will be convicted, or maybe not. Maybe he will be elected President again in 2024. Maybe he’ll have a complete mental breakdown during the trial and have to be taken to a psychiatric hospital, raving about meeting Nancy Pelosi and the U.S. women’s soccer team in Hell.

At least historians should have a record of this sad time in our nation’s history.

Last edited:
The beauty of it is that no way the defense attorneys would be able to keep tRump from testifying. That attention where would never be able to sit there and keep his mouth shut. He would nail the coffin shut on himself. That would be premium theater right there.
If Trump testifies prosecutors will rattle his fucking cage so bad by the time they're done with him he'll have to be sedated.

He's a coward with a big mouth & he'll never testify. Ever.

Televise it. That way the entire fucking world can see Tramp squirm & witness what a no good motherfucker he really is.

They had 4 years of Spectacular President to watch.
Only your cult thinks differently.

Nothing will hold the interest of the American public like a tedious, boring, and incomprehensible circus based on obscure clerical laws. Go for it!

It's likely going to be up to the judge in the case.
Who appointed the Judge?

What is going on in the Judge's chambers?

All is relevant...then they ALL will grandstand in front of the cameras.

Yes, because I want to know the truth, not the “truth” some media corporation decides to tell me.

Also because all we’ve seen so far is the allegations and the left wing propaganda media version of things. This way, we get to see the other side of the story.

Be careful what you wish for lefties. Transparency is not in the best interest of the gestsapo.
No, but it is in the best interest of the American people. Win or lose, people need to see this, so they can see the whole picture, not just the version the left has given us.

No, but it is in the best interest of the American people. Win or lose, people need to see this, so they can see the whole picture, not just the version the left has given us.

We will never see the whole picture
The CIA has never admitted having JFK killed.

Forum List

Back