Should the federal trials against Donald Trump be televised?

Here is an interesting question: Would the “Founding Fathers,” were they alive today, advocate an open (today that would mean televised) trial? Would that be in the best interests of the country?

Donald Trump’s lawyer has reportedly requested this, and our very Conservative Supreme Court may eventually rule on it. I believe it is a very good idea, even though such Federal Trials are by custom not televised.

We will have millions of Americans following the important D.C & Florida cases via their favorite media “spin doctors” in any case. We have seen there is virtually no possibility of a national consensus developing this way.

But a courtroom trial before a jury is very different, since both sides can present arguments and evidence (which the Judge can control for “relevance”) and the prosecution and defense cases are not made primarily to reinforce the political prejudices of an uninformed audience, but to convince jurors who in the course of the trial will hear abundant testimony, evidence and arguments from both sides.

Whatever the trial outcome, an open televised trial in my opinion will be an important way to educate viewers.
As long as it isn't rigged in the prosecutor's favor. It would need to be fair.

I would love to watch it, but fear it would become a performance for the cameras.
The perversion of reality is a mainstay of television, turning principles into performers in a courtroom.

Perhaps, an animated recreation of the proceedings by a Matt Groening rapid response team would suffice.

I don’t like the idea of lawyers playing to the cameras. I think it interferes with the focus of the trial.
The beauty of it is that no way the defense attorneys would be able to keep tRump from testifying. That attention where would never be able to sit there and keep his mouth shut. He would nail the coffin shut on himself. That would be premium theater right there.

Who said no media? :rolleyes-41:
SHUP you bag of chum. You want Chick Toads or Racial MadCows opinion blasted out. you dirty filthy busturds would not know truth if it crawled up your shorts and bit you on the nutsack. You are disgusting and deserve to be rounded up on Sedition charges.

Here is an interesting question: Would the “Founding Fathers,” were they alive today, advocate an open (today that would mean televised) trial? Would that be in the best interests of the country?

Donald Trump’s lawyer has reportedly requested this, and our very Conservative Supreme Court may eventually rule on it. I believe it is a very good idea, even though such Federal Trials are by custom not televised.

We will have millions of Americans following the important D.C & Florida cases via their favorite media “spin doctors” in any case. We have seen there is virtually no possibility of a national consensus developing this way.

But a courtroom trial before a jury is very different, since both sides can present arguments and evidence (which the Judge can control for “relevance”) and the prosecution and defense cases are not made primarily to reinforce the political prejudices of an uninformed audience, but to convince jurors who in the course of the trial will hear abundant testimony, evidence and arguments from both sides.

Whatever the trial outcome, an open televised trial in my opinion will be an important way to educate viewers.
Absolutely televise it! I want to see the Great Orange Man Bad receive his comeuppance!

NO

Our justice system is not supposed to be a daytime drama or reality show.

Allow in camera's and suddenly everyone focuses on their careers in front of the camera rather than the facts before the jury.

There are actual court Dramas made for tv if you enjoy that kind of mundane garbage.

Gosh. I haven't read that phrase in a long time.
Actually the “Revolution” — or “Counter-Revolution” — certainly will be televised.

It is just some of the hidden men operating behind the scenes in various conspiracies that only get exposed later, if ever. These upcoming trials aim to expose a rightwing reactionary conspiracy to keep Donald Trump in power after he lost the election in 2020.

Perhaps unrelated — since it is a product of fevered African-American dreams and hopes for “Revolution” in the 1960s, here is the famous “early rap” song, “The Revolution Will Not Be Televised,” by Gil Scott Heron.

I include two of my favorite ballads by this fine poet and musician, which I think can be deeply appreciated by Americans of all political views.

One explores deeply personal disappointment leading a black (or white) father to commit suicide, and is called “Pieces of a Man.” The last, “Winter in America,” shows the profound disappointment of Gil Scot Heron’s generation when it finally became clear that their hoped-for “Revolution” had turned only into another “pipe dream.”

Last edited:
Here is an interesting question: Would the “Founding Fathers,” were they alive today, advocate an open (today that would mean televised) trial?

Only if the public executions of the Bidens for treason is televised too, including handing out free tickets to go watch it live and maybe get a commemorative tee shirt.

Only if the public executions of the Bidens for treason is televised too, including handing out free tickets to go watch it live and maybe get a commemorative tee shirt.
If only this was a real possibility

IMG_0561.jpeg

Televise it !

Forum List

Back