Should the federal trials against Donald Trump be televised?

The courts shut trump down 60+ times.
Nope, they just refused to hear any of his cases. Often for some very specious reasons. One I particularly was confused by was that Trump didn’t file in a timely manner. The court contended he should have filed BEFORE the election. Another court said he filed too early, since the election hadn’t happened, Trump had no standing to file because he hadn’t been injured YET. Catch 22 anyone? I’m convinced that after Bush v Gore the courts decided they weren’t going to get involved in election matters anymore because they were lose/lose for the judges.

Nope, they just refused to hear any of his cases. Often for some very specious reasons. One I particularly was confused by was that Trump didn’t file in a timely manner. The court contended he should have filed BEFORE the election. Another court said he filed too early, since the election hadn’t happened, Trump had no standing to file because he hadn’t been injured YET. Catch 22 anyone? I’m convinced that after Bush v Gore the courts decided they weren’t going to get involved in election matters anymore because they were lose/lose for the judges.
Seems a waste of time to offer you this link. If you aren't already aware of this information, you will just ignore it now. Non-cult members understand why the courts dumped trump's claims.

Here is an interesting question: Would the “Founding Fathers,” were they alive today, advocate an open (today that would mean televised) trial? Would that be in the best interests of the country?

Donald Trump’s lawyer has reportedly requested this, and our very Conservative Supreme Court may eventually rule on it. I believe it is a very good idea, even though such Federal Trials are by custom not televised.

We will have millions of Americans following the important D.C & Florida cases via their favorite media “spin doctors” in any case. We have seen there is virtually no possibility of a national consensus developing this way.

But a courtroom trial before a jury is very different, since both sides can present arguments and evidence (which the Judge can control for “relevance”) and the prosecution and defense cases are not made primarily to reinforce the political prejudices of an uninformed audience, but to convince jurors who in the course of the trial will hear abundant testimony, evidence and arguments from both sides.

Whatever the trial outcome, an open televised trial in my opinion will be an important way to educate viewers.
No. Not in this case. Not because of any lack of interest on my side. The opposite is true in my case.

The reason for it not to be televised is because there's to much danger for both witness and jury intimidation.

It's not even hypothetical. The Georgia grand jury was doxed and members of that jury has already received threats.

I would love this thing to be televised. If for no other reason that it would make it harder for Trump supporters to sustain Trump's innocence. However that's in my view less important than the safety of those involved in it.

Seems a waste of time to offer you this link. If you aren't already aware of this information, you will just ignore it now. Non-cult members understand why the courts dumped trump's claims.
I read your link and it’s not a news story backed up by facts it’s an op-ed piece that is slanted. Even it admits that courts refused to hear challenges for specious grounds like a state not having standing to sue another state for violating the second state’s own election laws.

Vox is also a hard left leaning politically biased site. I read a few of their articles for laughs.. the are all GOP horrible and is going to end civilization and Democrats are saints and the salvation of mankind.

I read your link and it’s not a news story backed up by facts it’s an op-ed piece that is slanted. Even it admits that courts refused to hear challenges for specious grounds like a state not having standing to sue another state for violating the second state’s own election laws.
One state suing another without showing how the suing state was harmed? You think disallowing that was somehow wrong? That's pretty goofy there, don't you think?

One state suing another without showing how the suing state was harmed? You think disallowing that was somehow wrong? That's pretty goofy there, don't you think?
No it’s an equal protection violation. if states don’t have standing to sue other states in federal court, who does? One of the major things the federal government was designed to do is referee problems between states. And the first state was harmed, the illegal voting changes reduced the value of the votes of Texas citizens. The changes affected the electoral college.

No it’s an equal protection violation. if states don’t have standing to sue other states in federal court, who does? One of the major things the federal government was designed to do is referee problems between states. And the first state was harmed, the illegal voting changes reduced the value of the votes of Texas citizens. The changes affected the electoral college.
Each state is allowed to run their own elections as they see fit. Another state can't tell them how to do it.

This isn’t a case of running its own election, it’s a case of violating its own election laws.
And the idea was to make the federal government make the state comply with its own laws. That’s what happened with Bush v Gore, the Florida Supreme Court forced the Secretary of State to violate the law on recounts and SCOTUS forced Florida to follow its own law.

This isn’t a case of running its own election, it’s a case of violating its own election laws.
Doesn't matter. Texas should take care of their own problems, instead of poking their noses in other peoples business. The judge told them something pretty close to that.

Doesn't matter. Texas should take care of their own problems, instead of poking their noses in other peoples business. The judge told them something pretty close to that.
If the case Paxton bought for Texas in 2020 was heard Trump would still be president.

The federal trials of Donald Trump will NOT be televised, as per reports on decisions of the Judicial Conference of the U,S. Federal Courts, just ended. The only televised trial will be Trump’s Georgia trial.

Donald Trump indictment: Federal criminal trials won't be televised under updated rules

“The Judicial Conference, the policymaking body behind U.S. federal courts, effectively rejected calls by nearly 40 House Democrats on Tuesday after they asked it to consider allowing live broadcasts of Trump's two federal criminal trials.”

Forum List

Back