Should religion be promoted in public schools?

Growing up in central ohio I never had a shred of political liberalism or conservatism preached to me in any level of my public school or in college.

So when people have these boogeyman theories on this I'm always left scratching my head.

Growing up in central ohio I never had a shred of political liberalism or conservatism preached to me in any level of my public school or in college.

So when people have these boogeyman theories on this I'm always left scratching my head.

Yeah, me too, growing up in Indiana.

But we do say the Pledge every day in our Public School.

Damn Liberals, with the indoctrinatin of those kids....................

I finished HS in Arkansas. My American History teacher bragged how he signed up for ROTC to dodge the draft, then boasted how he broke into the office, stole his contract then came back the next day to rip it up in front of the officer that signed him up.

I told my Dad, it wasn't preatty.

I finished HS in Arkansas. My American History teacher bragged how he signed up for ROTC to dodge the draft, then boasted how he broke into the office, stole his contract then came back the next day to rip it up in front of the officer that signed him up.

Yeah, that's one teacher. And what he did is wrong.

My dad was a voting delegate to the Republican Party here in Indiana, was a Vet..if my teacher would have done that, he would have been pissed too!

Yeah, that's one teacher. And what he did is wrong.

My dad was a voting delegate to the Republican Party here in Indiana, was a Vet..if my teacher would have done that, he would have been pissed too!

I just thought it was ironic that a lying, thieving, draft dodging coward taught about Ameircan heros.

I also went to Catholic school, aside from religion class, there was nothing obviously conservative.

Where in Arkansas? I graduated from Central in Little Rock.

little_rock_central_tigers_high_little_rock_tshirt-p235654504853445081y3kt_400.jpg

:thup:

little_rock_central_tigers_high_little_rock_tshirt-p235654504853445081y3kt_400.jpg

Sheridan.

I have family in Pine Bluff, Little Rock and Texarcana.

I lived in LR in 86ish. Went to a tech school there while I worked at a Shoneys

Sheridan.

Just talked to a coworker of mine. She said 'Yellow Jackets'.

Sheridan.

Just talked to a coworker of mine. She said 'Yellow Jackets'.

Yes, that is correct. We had some very cool uniforms. Blue and gold, using diagonal stripes instead of horizontal.

Our teams were just gawd offal though. And the town was a great place to be an adult. :lol:

If so, would not all religions need to be included, including nazism? I mean nazism is a belief system(religious) that believes in aryan supremacy through a superman nordic god. I'm not trying to start a commotion here but if religion is to be brought into the public arena of education where do we as Americans draw the line for 1st amendment rights & interpretation???

Or would it be a better idea to have private schools where the religious ideology of choice can be promoted?

Parents should simply be free to send their children to the school of their choice. Universal school choice. That's all. Problem solved. Anything short of that is just some trying to others how to educate their children.

I would recommend teaching comparative religion
and conflict resolution/mediation skills. Since people
are going to run into these differences and biases in life,
why not teach students early on how to manage diversity?

Issues like school prayers at functions, how to teach evolution or
creation or even sex education, the Pledge of Allegiance, etc.
can be decided democratically by a system of input or even voting
among students and parents to come up with a fair policy that
represents the diversity of the student body and community.

I believe civics education should be required so people understand
the responsibility for due process they should respect and follow
if they want the same rights and freedoms under Constitutional laws.

ethics-commission.net

I recommend we not.

Last edited:
If so, would not all religions need to be included, including nazism? I mean nazism is a belief system(religious) that believes in aryan supremacy through a superman nordic god. I'm not trying to start a commotion here but if religion is to be brought into the public arena of education where do we as Americans draw the line for 1st amendment rights & interpretation???
Or would it be a better idea to have private schools where the religious ideology of choice can be promoted?

No,religion is a creation of man however i would be interested in a class that teaches the bible.

I am no fan of organized religion of any kind.

Last edited:

No,religion is a creation of man however i would be interested in a class that teaches the bible.

I am no fan of organised religion of any kind.

Bible study? Uh, you don't know that's organized religion?

I am no fan of organised religion of any kind.

Bible study? Uh, you don't know that's organized religion?

If what you say is true wouldn't there only be one universal religion ?

Forum List

Back