Should Jeff Sessions Have Recused Himself?

What say ye?

• Total voters
What do you think? Should he have recused himself at the request of the Democrats, from the "muh Russian" witch hunt, or should he have remained loyal to Trump?

of course he had to recuse. he's a potential target of the investigation.

it isn't a "witch Hunt" you insane twit or the wouldn't be surrounded by Russians and lying about it.

wacko

"Investigated" for having a meeting with the Russian Ambassador during the campaign?

The same Russian Ambassador who would sit with the Democrats in Congress?

Here's a quiz for you, sweetmeat: How many Democrats can you identify by name in this picture? That's the Russian Ambassador standing in the middle:

170303-sergey-kislyak-russia-ambassador-834a_c19e85370a847fa66c13c2776e1e4275.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Maybe we should have an investigation into them as well.
if the meetings with Sessions was a nothing burger, he should not have presented his lies under oath....about the meetings

What do you think? Should he have recused himself at the request of the Democrats, from the "muh Russian" witch hunt, or should he have remained loyal to Trump?
Jeff Sessions said his ethics advisors and he, had already decided that he would have to recuse himself because of his closeness to the campaign which was being investigated in the Russian Connection case and that this was before the enlightenment that we all got when it was found out that he had lied about his Russian meetings.... in other words he did not make his decision to recuse himself due to Democrats as you stated.

Rather he recused himself in an effort to appease the Democrats. That wasn't good enough for them, and many of them including Pelosi, suggested that he resign.
as I said to your deaf ears, Sessions said the Democrats DID NOT influence his decision to recuse himself...

AND imo, he should have resigned once he lied under oath twice...recusing himself was not enough, and even as Trump is claiming, probably did a disservice to president Trump....

But if the president thinks his next pick will be easy peasy to get consent of the Senate and life will be easier for him in this Russian investigation, he is fooling himself!

What "next pick"? Trump didn't fire Sessions, so I'm hoping he will double down on his deportation of illegals, just to show Trump what a good AG he is. :biggrin:

Jeff Sessions said his ethics advisors and he, had already decided that he would have to recuse himself because of his closeness to the campaign which was being investigated in the Russian Connection case and that this was before the enlightenment that we all got when it was found out that he had lied about his Russian meetings.... in other words he did not make his decision to recuse himself due to Democrats as you stated.

Rather he recused himself in an effort to appease the Democrats. That wasn't good enough for them, and many of them including Pelosi, suggested that he resign.
as I said to your deaf ears, Sessions said the Democrats DID NOT influence his decision to recuse himself...

AND imo, he should have resigned once he lied under oath twice...recusing himself was not enough, and even as Trump is claiming, probably did a disservice to president Trump....

But if the president thinks his next pick will be easy peasy to get consent of the Senate and life will be easier for him in this Russian investigation, he is fooling himself!

What "next pick"? Trump didn't fire Sessions, so I'm hoping he will double down on his deportation of illegals, just to show Trump what a good AG he is. :biggrin:
Trump basically, on national tv, in a ny times interview said tonight that he wished he never hired him....so Sessions was just humiliated by the president...in front of the world...

it isn't a "witch Hunt" you insane twit or the wouldn't be surrounded by Russians and lying about it.

wacko

"Investigated" for having a meeting with the Russian Ambassador during the campaign?

Here's a quiz for you, sweetmeat: How many Democrats can you identify by name in this picture? That's the Russian Ambassador standing in the middle:

170303-sergey-kislyak-russia-ambassador-834a_c19e85370a847fa66c13c2776e1e4275.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

if the meetings with Sessions was a nothing burger, he should not have presented his lies under oath....about the meetings

Making up your own version of the story doesn't necessarily mean mean you know what you're talking about. Sessions never lied under oath, you told a deliberate lie yourself, liar.

Want proof?

Did Sessions 'Lie'? - FactCheck.org

Like I said, just one more in a big plate of nothingburgers. Jeez, with all those nothingburgers you leftists keep snarfing down, one would think ya'll wouldn't be so fat.

He said in his confirmation hearings he would recuse himself from investigations into either campaign. It shouldn't have been any surprise to Trump.

He shouldn't have said that. Why shouldn't it have been a surprise when he said it?

If Trump had a problem with what he said in the confirmation hearing he should have withdrawn the nomination then, not start backstabbing after 5 months. Hey I voted for the guy, but when he fucks up, I have no problem saying it. Sessions is doing a good job, Trump had no reason to go there.

I look at it this way: Trump didn't fire him. And if Sessions doesn't get an attitude over the whole thing, he'll probably just try harder to gain Trump's approval.

The Justice Department could use a good house-cleaning. Sessions needs to get on the stick and start rooting out the Obama-sympathizers and leakers.

Amazed at how many of you want Trump to repeat all of Nixon's mistakes.
willful amnesia

or some kind of black magic spell Trump has put over them?
It's no spell and few of them even remember the particulars of Nixon's downfall. It's entirely a feeling that the ends justify the means, the core philosophy of fascism. The certainty that Trump must prevail by fair means or foul has been the hallmark of everything Trump has ever done.

What makes you think that he recused himself at the request of democrats? Sessions never said that.

He said that he would recuse himself to avoid an appearance of bias. And he made the right decision.

Do you even know who Sessions is? Trump just insured that Sessions' number one priority will be to protect his career and reputation, not get in bed with Trump's naked desire to hide his corruption.

What makes you think that he recused himself at the request of democrats? Sessions never said that.

He said that he would recuse himself to avoid an appearance of bias. And he made the right decision.

Regardless of why he recused himself, it was a bad move: You don't betray the trust of someone like Donald Trump.

Hopefully Sessions has enough humility to gain back his trust.

Regardless of why he recused himself, it was a bad move: You don't betray the trust of someone like Donald Trump.

He had the choice of protecting the president or living up to his oath of office to protect the constitution. It is not his job to be loyal to the president or circumvent the law for his sake. You people continually accused Obama's AGs of the same shit you are upset Sessions is not doing.

I thought he said if there was any conflict, which there wasn't. The dems just cried loud enough, in my opinion, he did and they got exactly what they wanted.

He said in his confirmation hearings he would recuse himself from investigations into either campaign. It shouldn't have been any surprise to Trump.

He shouldn't have said that. Why shouldn't it have been a surprise when he said it?

If Trump had a problem with what he said in the confirmation hearing he should have withdrawn the nomination then, not start backstabbing after 5 months. Hey I voted for the guy, but when he fucks up, I have no problem saying it. Sessions is doing a good job, Trump had no reason to go there.

He had the choice of protecting the president or living up to his oath of office to protect the constitution. It is not his job to be loyal to the president or circumvent the law for his sake. You people continually accused Obama's AGs of the same shit you are upset Sessions is not doing.

Bullshit. Get back to me when Sessions starts running guns to Mexican drug cartels.

wacko

Making up your own version of the story doesn't necessarily mean mean you know what you're talking about. Sessions never lied under oath, you told a deliberate lie yourself, liar.

Want proof?

Did Sessions 'Lie'? - FactCheck.org

Like I said, just one more in a big plate of nothingburgers. Jeez, with all those nothingburgers you leftists keep snarfing down, one would think ya'll wouldn't be so fat.
I watched it, and he lied...he did not even address Franken's question, he inserted a memorized script that did not even address the question franken was asking him, which basically was...if the story is true that was being reported...what would you do? Would you recuse yourself? that's what franken wanted to know.... but Sessions inserted his memorized and carefully written script.

kilsiak met with no other Senators on Sessions committee that he claimed he met him under...... 24 other senators on the same committee were not approached by Ambassador Kilsiak....and you buy in to the garbage he was just ''doing his job as a member of this committee'' and not due to the campaign connection he had...then I have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you!

Bullshit. Get back to me when Sessions starts running guns to Mexican drug cartels.
You are the king of missing the point.

I thought he said if there was any conflict, which there wasn't. The dems just cried loud enough, in my opinion, he did and they got exactly what they wanted.

So what is your point? That even though Session recuses himself, he he should step down as AG? That's what the Dems wanted him to do.

He merely recused himself from an investigation which has no basis in fact, believing that the pack of Democrat jackals would quit snapping at Trump's heels. Probably a bad move on his part because Donald Trump knows this whole "Russian collusion" thing is bullshit. That shows a lack of confidence on Session's part.

Do you seriously believe Trump is afraid of being investigated by his own AG? Hardly.

I agree with you. My point is he never should have recused himself, nor should he resign.

So what is your point? That even though Session recuses himself, he he should step down as AG? That's what the Dems wanted him to do.

He merely recused himself from an investigation which has no basis in fact, believing that the pack of Democrat jackals would quit snapping at Trump's heels. Probably a bad move on his part because Donald Trump knows this whole "Russian collusion" thing is bullshit. That shows a lack of confidence on Session's part.

Do you seriously believe Trump is afraid of being investigated by his own AG? Hardly.

The only point I am trying to get into your thick skull is that Sessions did what the law and ethical guildlines clearly says he should do and you seem to have a big problem with that. The very idea of an AG that is loyal to the president is against the intention of the office. He should be devoted to the rule of law and the constitution of the US in the most non political way possible.

The only point I am trying to get into your thick skull is that Sessions did what the law and ethical guildlines clearly says he should do and you seem to have a big problem with that. The very idea of an AG that is loyal to the president is against the intention of the office. He should be devoted to the rule of law and the constitution of the US in the most non political way possible.

Sessions was not required by law to recuse himself.

Forum List

Back