Should Jeff Sessions Have Recused Himself?

What say ye?

• Total voters
If Sessions hadn't recused himself the left would screaming it's a whitewashed investigation and coverup he did the right thing. We have seen what a partisan and political AG looks like with Eric Holder I really don't want that again.
Who cares what they would have screamed. How would that be any worse than what they are screaming now? They accuse Trump of treason on a daily basis.

What do you think? Should he have recused himself at the request of the Democrats, from the "muh Russian" witch hunt, or should he have remained loyal to Trump?
Once he agreed to work with Trump he should have stayed loyal to him and should have been with him for better and for worse. All Trump Administration has to be one for all and all for one otherwise they will be eaten a piece at a time by Soros&Co. Flynn was their first success but there may be more, we don't want it.

He serves the law, not the Orange Menace.
ROFL! Yeah, because Holder and Lynch did do Obama's bidding!

You're hysterical.

Why didn't Mueller recuse himself? He's been good friends with James Comey for 15 years and they refer to each other as 'brothers in arms'..... isn't that a serious conflict of interests?

Why didn't Mueller recuse himself? He's been good friends with James Comey for 15 years and they refer to each other as 'brothers in arms'..... isn't that a serious conflict of interests?
Yeah, but it's OK for anyone persecuting Trump to have conflicts of interest because they are on the side of good!

If Sessions hadn't recused himself the left would screaming it's a whitewashed investigation and coverup he did the right thing. We have seen what a partisan and political AG looks like with Eric Holder I really don't want that again.
Who cares what they would have screamed. How would that be any worse than what they are screaming now? They accuse Trump of treason on a daily basis.
Those who aren't blindly partisan and don't let emotion overrule their judgement and common sense do. I don't believe anything will come from this investigation and I have no doubt the left will continue to scream about it but when they do the administration will now have the prefect response we gave you everything you wanted to look into this nothing was found the case is closed.

No, it's not a conflict of interest if two people in a legal case are on the same side. For example, if a police officer has a long working relationship with a prosecutor, that's not a conflict of interest for a police officer to testify in that prosecutor's case. It would only be a conflict of interest if the prosecutor was charging the police officer with a crime.

Comey is essentially a witness for the prosecution, not someone under investigation, so he's on the same side as Mueller, so it's not a conflict of interest.

No, it's not a conflict of interest if two people in a legal case are on the same side. For example, if a police officer has a long working relationship with a prosecutor, that's not a conflict of interest for a police officer to testify in that prosecutor's case. It would only be a conflict of interest if the prosecutor was charging the police officer with a crime.

Comey is essentially a witness for the prosecution, not someone under investigation, so he's on the same side as Mueller, so it's not a conflict of interest.
Wrong. Comey and Mueller were close friends in private life for 15 years. Comey was fired by Trump (which publicly humiliated him) and Mueller has a personal vendetta against Trump. With that let's add those facts to your analogy.......

The head of the FBI has a 15 year long personal friendship with the Prosecutor who is investigating the same man who fired him and publicly humiliated him before the entire country. This close friend of the Prosecutor is a witness for the prosecution. Conflict of interest? You betcha! So answer the question. Why didn't Mueller recuse himself?

Wrong. Comey and Mueller were close friends in private life for 15 years. Comey was fired by Trump (which publicly humiliated him) and Mueller has a personal vendetta against Trump.

Even if that whopper was true, it still wouldn't be a conflict of interest. Things that help a prosecutor prosecute are not a conflict of interest.

With that let's add those facts to your analogy.......

The head of the FBI has a 15 year long personal friendship with the Prosecutor who is investigating the same man who fired him and publicly humiliated him before the entire country. This close friend of the Prosecutor is a witness for the prosecution. Conflict of interest? You betcha! So answer the question. Why didn't Mueller recuse himself?

Under your insane standards, a police officer could not testify in a case if he had a good working relationship with the prosecutor.

That's just one reason we know your claims are dumb. Repeating them doesn't make them less stupid.

Comey wasn't a police officer. He was head of the FBI. He was also a part of a corrupt ring of criminals that are going down faster than Niagra Falls. Even his own FBI agents didn't trust him. That ought to tell you something. And Mueller was his good friend for 15 long years. Birds of a feather flock together. At the end of the day it is clear to some of us what is going on here. They want to replace President Trump with Mike Pence who will do exactly what his Jesuit Pope tells him to do. Mike Pence isn't a former Catholic. He's still a Jesuit educated Catholic pretending to be a former Catholic and at this moment I'm sure he is just hoping this witch hunt goes forward.

I think so. Wouldnt he be a possible target?
It is clear that the motive for targeting Trump is to install Mike Pence. I don't believe Trump understands who Mike Pence really is. If there were any way to drive Pence out of VP position it should be done asap.

Obama's cabinet was full of Jesuits. If Pence were able to get into the oval office we'd have one for President. Other nations kicked Jesuits out of their country knowing full well their reputation as evil diabolical infiltrators / agents of Rome. Our country ignored the warnings of our founding fathers, changed the laws and permitted them to run for office, open colleges, universities, and elected them and their graduates to Congress, Senate, Governors, House Speakers, Senate Presidents, and now we've got one waiting in the VP wing for a seat in the oval office. Trump cannot trust Mike Pence. He's going to have to find a way to force him to resign.

The point is, the only reason Comey isn't under prosecution is the fact that his buddy is the special counsel.

Those who aren't blindly partisan and don't let emotion overrule their judgement and common sense do. I don't believe anything will come from this investigation and I have no doubt the left will continue to scream about it but when they do the administration will now have the prefect response we gave you everything you wanted to look into this nothing was found the case is closed.
You're a fool. If Mewler doesn't find someone to prosecute for something, all the Dims in Washington will be calling him corrupt and a failure.

I thought he said if there was any conflict, which there wasn't. The dems just cried loud enough, in my opinion, he did and they got exactly what they wanted.
What do you think? Should he have recused himself at the request of the Democrats, from the "muh Russian" witch hunt, or should he have remained loyal to Trump?

He said in his confirmation hearings he would recuse himself from investigations into either campaign. It shouldn't have been any surprise to Trump.

He shouldn't have said that. Why shouldn't it have been a surprise when he said it?

If Trump had a problem with what he said in the confirmation hearing he should have withdrawn the nomination then, not start backstabbing after 5 months. Hey I voted for the guy, but when he fucks up, I have no problem saying it. Sessions is doing a good job, Trump had no reason to go there.

He did NOTHING WRONG. So of course he shouldn't have. It was a spineless whimpy move. To be expected from an aging swamp critter..

He had to because he was a supporter and part of the Trump campaign. He could not conduct a investigation that could potentially involve Trump and his campaign.

I thought he said if there was any conflict, which there wasn't. The dems just cried loud enough, in my opinion, he did and they got exactly what they wanted.

He said in his confirmation hearings he would recuse himself from investigations into either campaign. It shouldn't have been any surprise to Trump.

He shouldn't have said that. Why shouldn't it have been a surprise when he said it?

If Trump had a problem with what he said in the confirmation hearing he should have withdrawn the nomination then, not start backstabbing after 5 months. Hey I voted for the guy, but when he fucks up, I have no problem saying it. Sessions is doing a good job, Trump had no reason to go there.

He did NOTHING WRONG. So of course he shouldn't have. It was a spineless whimpy move. To be expected from an aging swamp critter..

He had to because he was a supporter and part of the Trump campaign. He could not conduct a investigation that could potentially involve Trump and his campaign.
No, he didn't have to. There's no law that says he has to recuse himself because Dims don't want him involved. Did Holder appoint a special prosecutor and them recuse himself for the Fast and Furious investigation? Did Comey recuse himself from the Hillary email investigation?

He was not a critical part of the campaign. That's ridiculous. Appearing at stump speeches is not a disqualifier. Even ENDORSING a candidate is not a disqualifier.

He was not a critical part of the campaign. That's ridiculous. Appearing at stump speeches is not a disqualifier. Even ENDORSING a candidate is not a disqualifier.

You might to read the DOJs guidance on recusal.

You might to read the DOJs guidance on recusal.

I have looked at that. And his role in the campaign was as a stage prop and a communicator with existing Leadership in Congress. He was not a full-time or active director of that campaign.

And of course -- his "meetings" with Russians = 0...

Forum List

Back