Should I Believe 'em About Bachmann??

Four separate threads sharing the Liberal view of Michelle Bachmann!

Must be true....I guess....

until I read Coulter's expose of the Liberal view of John Ashcroft, you know, as the “the worst attorney-general in history.”

Check it out, then see how much confidence one can put in the Libeal viewpoint:

No discussion of the Liberal mind would be complete without a review of the reaction of same to two Attorneys-General, Janet Reno, and John Ashcroft. Nothing could be more enlightening as an example of cognitive dissonance. Should Liberals' judgment about events, or individuals be afforded any cache?

First, what did Liberals think of John Ashcroft?
1. The NYTime’s Paul Krugman called him “the worst attorney-general in history.” Times Higher Education - Gloves off for 'thinking man's Michael Moore'

2. More charitable was Anthony Romero, of the ACLU, who merely pronounced that he “will turn out to be one of the worst attorney generals in American history.” NPR, Liane Hansen Weekend Edition, November 14, 2004.

3. Rutgers University law professor Frank Askin: he was “the worst attorney general in my memory,” and “There’s nothing good I can say about him. I’m glad he’s gone.’ AP, “NJ Muslims, Libertarians Glad To See Ashcroft Go,” November 10, 2004.

4. The Nation called him a ‘fascist.’ Nation Topics - John Ashcroft | The Nation

5. “People for the American Way compared him to the "virulent segregationists" of the Jim Crow South. Handgun Control Inc. likened his views to those of "convicted mass-murderer Timothy McVeigh." The Los Angeles Times depicted him in a cartoon as a Klansman, complete with white robe and hood.” Boston.com / News / Boston Globe / Opinion / Op-ed / We owe Ashcroft thanks

Now, how about an objective view of the Attorney-General that Ashcroft succeeded.

1. Attorney General Reno’s military-style attack on a religious sect in Waco, Texas led to the greatest number of US civilians ever killed by the government in the history of the United States. Clearly, Reno felt that the presence of a weird cult rose to the level of a threat to the domestic tranquility of the nation. Kent State, 4 killed; Haymarket prosecutions, 4 executed; Three Mile Island, zero.

a. American Civilians killed: Ashcroft, zero; Reno, 80.

2. While Dade County state attorney, Reno persecuted the most decorated police officer in the history of South Miami PD with a totally fabricated “repressed memory child molestation” conviction. He served 12 years before the Supreme Court threw it out.

a. Innocent people imprisoned not just for crime they didn’t commit, but for crime that never happened: Ashcroft, zero; Reno…at least one.

3. “On Aug. 19, 1991, rabbinical student Yankel Rosenbaum was stabbed to death in Crown Heights by a black racist mob shouting "Kill the Jew!" as retaliation for another Hasidic man killing a black child in a car accident hours earlier.

In a far clearer case of jury nullification than the first Rodney King verdict, a jury composed of nine blacks and three Puerto Ricans acquitted Lemrick Nelson Jr. of the murder -- despite the fact that the police found the bloody murder weapon in his pocket and Rosenbaum's blood on his clothes, and that Rosenbaum, as he lay dying, had identified Nelson as his assailant…. It took two years from Nelson's acquittal to get Reno to bring a civil rights case against him.” Montana News Association [from Coulter, “Demonic”]

a. Number of obvious civil rights violations ignored: Ashcroft, zero; Reno,…at least one.

4. Reno presided over the leak of Richard Jewell’s name as the bomber in the Atlanta Olympic park bombing in 1996. She later apologized. Reno Apologizes for FBI Leak; Jewell Still to Sue, Lawyer Says - Los Angeles Times

a. Number of Americans falsely accused of committing heinous crimes: Ashcroft, zero; Reno, one.

5. Rather than allow a judge to decide, Reno ordered a predawn armed raid to seize Elian Gonzalez. The Gonzalez family had committed no crime, was in violation of no court order. [CTRL] JACKBOOT JANET STOMPS NBC NEWS CREW WHILE MAJOR MEDIA

a. Number of six-year-old boys seized at gunpoint and deported to communist dictatorships: Ashcroft, zero; Reno, one.

Well, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, what say you about the judgment of liberals??? Incapacity to reason? Complete lack of critical discernment? Absence of assessment?

So....perhaps Bachmann's not the Devil incarnate.....Hmmmmm.

That has to be the worst logical fallacy in history.

Nothing you said has any relevance whatsoever to whether anything said about Michele Bachmann is true or not.

1. I have no qualms explaining the OP to you; I understand your condition, and you have my sympathy.

2. A conservative is never so tall as when she stoops to help a liberal.

3. The OP was designed to show how flawed, biased and obtuse Liberal judgment is. It did so by a) providing the hyperbolic and clearly incorrect judgment about AG Ashcroft....
and I notice that you also use the hyperbole usually reserved for pre-pubescent girls...."worst logical fallacy in history."

[Readers will draw their own conclusions about either your syntax or your developmental state.]

and b) then comparing his record with that of Ms. Reno.....
...did you wish to defend her record and the events mentioned in the OP?
No?
I didn't think so.

On that basis, AG Ashcroft, contrary to the unanimous and ubiquitious Liberal pronouncements, was clearly not the "worst AG in history."

Now do you understand?
Good.

Oh my, do be careful...you could hurt yourself slapping yourself on the forehead like that!

4. As far as Ms. Bachmann, exactly what would you like to say about her?

On that note, I just read a story exposing George Stephanopoulos' attempts to paint her as having erred about the Founders attempts to mitigate and abolish slavery....
...is that what you're getting at?

until I read Coulter's expose of the Liberal view of John Ashcroft, you know, as the “the worst attorney-general in history.”

No discussion of the Liberal mind would be complete without a review of the reaction of same to two Attorneys-General, Janet Reno, and John Ashcroft. Nothing could be more enlightening as an example of cognitive dissonance. Should Liberals' judgment about events, or individuals be afforded any cache?

1. The NYTime’s Paul Krugman called him “the worst attorney-general in history.” Times Higher Education - Gloves off for 'thinking man's Michael Moore'

2. More charitable was Anthony Romero, of the ACLU, who merely pronounced that he “will turn out to be one of the worst attorney generals in American history.” NPR, Liane Hansen Weekend Edition, November 14, 2004.

3. Rutgers University law professor Frank Askin: he was “the worst attorney general in my memory,” and “There’s nothing good I can say about him. I’m glad he’s gone.’ AP, “NJ Muslims, Libertarians Glad To See Ashcroft Go,” November 10, 2004.

4. The Nation called him a ‘fascist.’ Nation Topics - John Ashcroft | The Nation

5. “People for the American Way compared him to the "virulent segregationists" of the Jim Crow South. Handgun Control Inc. likened his views to those of "convicted mass-murderer Timothy McVeigh." The Los Angeles Times depicted him in a cartoon as a Klansman, complete with white robe and hood.” Boston.com / News / Boston Globe / Opinion / Op-ed / We owe Ashcroft thanks

Now, how about an objective view of the Attorney-General that Ashcroft succeeded.

1. Attorney General Reno’s military-style attack on a religious sect in Waco, Texas led to the greatest number of US civilians ever killed by the government in the history of the United States. Clearly, Reno felt that the presence of a weird cult rose to the level of a threat to the domestic tranquility of the nation. Kent State, 4 killed; Haymarket prosecutions, 4 executed; Three Mile Island, zero.

2. While Dade County state attorney, Reno persecuted the most decorated police officer in the history of South Miami PD with a totally fabricated “repressed memory child molestation” conviction. He served 12 years before the Supreme Court threw it out.

a. Innocent people imprisoned not just for crime they didn’t commit, but for crime that never happened: Ashcroft, zero; Reno…at least one.

3. “On Aug. 19, 1991, rabbinical student Yankel Rosenbaum was stabbed to death in Crown Heights by a black racist mob shouting "Kill the Jew!" as retaliation for another Hasidic man killing a black child in a car accident hours earlier.

In a far clearer case of jury nullification than the first Rodney King verdict, a jury composed of nine blacks and three Puerto Ricans acquitted Lemrick Nelson Jr. of the murder -- despite the fact that the police found the bloody murder weapon in his pocket and Rosenbaum's blood on his clothes, and that Rosenbaum, as he lay dying, had identified Nelson as his assailant…. It took two years from Nelson's acquittal to get Reno to bring a civil rights case against him.” Montana News Association [from Coulter, “Demonic”]

a. Number of obvious civil rights violations ignored: Ashcroft, zero; Reno,…at least one.

4. Reno presided over the leak of Richard Jewell’s name as the bomber in the Atlanta Olympic park bombing in 1996. She later apologized. Reno Apologizes for FBI Leak; Jewell Still to Sue, Lawyer Says - Los Angeles Times

a. Number of Americans falsely accused of committing heinous crimes: Ashcroft, zero; Reno, one.

5. Rather than allow a judge to decide, Reno ordered a predawn armed raid to seize Elian Gonzalez. The Gonzalez family had committed no crime, was in violation of no court order. [CTRL] JACKBOOT JANET STOMPS NBC NEWS CREW WHILE MAJOR MEDIA

a. Number of six-year-old boys seized at gunpoint and deported to communist dictatorships: Ashcroft, zero; Reno, one.

Well, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, what say you about the judgment of liberals??? Incapacity to reason? Complete lack of critical discernment? Absence of assessment?

Nothing you said has any relevance whatsoever to whether anything said about Michele Bachmann is true or not.
The point was, the pundits judge Ashcroft on intangibles and rank him the worst; then they give Reno a pass on plenty of tangibles - plenty of bad shit she did. Plenty.

The same group of pundits also think Bachmann is bad.

Given nothing else to go on, the reasonable person would not give these pundits much cred.

It's a logical fallacy to claim that the source of an argument has any bearing on the merits of an argument.

The point was, the pundits judge Ashcroft on intangibles and rank him the worst; then they give Reno a pass on plenty of tangibles - plenty of bad shit she did. Plenty.

Given nothing else to go on, the reasonable person would not give these pundits much cred.

It's a logical fallacy to claim that the source of an argument has any bearing on the merits of an argument.
True and that has fuck all to do with what I said or what PC said?

And, Reno is by far the worst and most destructive AG we ever had.

Fuckin Reno & Holder flat-out killed American Citizens,yet they claim Ashcroft is somehow worse? Seriously,the Left is deranged. By far the worst Attorney Generals in History have to be Janet Reno and Eric Holder. They're murderers for God's sake.

1. I have no qualms explaining the OP to you; I understand your condition, and you have my sympathy.

3. The OP was designed to show how flawed, biased and obtuse Liberal judgment is. It did so by a) providing the hyperbolic and clearly incorrect judgment about AG Ashcroft....
and I notice that you also use the hyperbole usually reserved for pre-pubescent girls...."worst logical fallacy in history."

[Readers will draw their own conclusions about either your syntax or your developmental state.]

No?
I didn't think so.

On that basis, AG Ashcroft, contrary to the unanimous and ubiquitious Liberal pronouncements, was clearly not the "worst AG in history."

Now do you understand?
Good.

Oh my, do be careful...you could hurt yourself slapping yourself on the forehead like that!

On that note, I just read a story exposing George Stephanopoulos' attempts to paint her as having erred about the Founders attempts to mitigate and abolish slavery....

Let's all recall that I caught you in an outright LIE trying to make an argument about a month ago?

Remember? An outright LIE, easily demonstrable beyond all doubt as being a LIE.

Now, by your own 'logic' as expressed in this thread, the fact that YOU are a PROVEN LIAR grants us license to legitimately dismiss the chance of credibility of

anything you say here.

Democrats Reno & Holder actually caused the needless deaths of American Citizens. How can Democrats be so damn ignorant? Reno kills all those poor women & children at Waco and Holder kills American Citizens with his Mexican Drug cartel Gun scam,yet Democrats actually think Ashcroft was a worse Attorney General? Krugman should lose his job for being so stupid. Democrat Attorney Generals have proven to be the worst of the worst. It's not even close. I'm actually still waiting for charges to be filed against Janet Reno and Eric Holder. Now that would be Justice.

I got a kick out of this review of “The Conscience of a Liberal,” by Paul Krugman, from Amazon:

"This book didn’t help me win a single argument against a conservative. Every time I tried to ignore a fact or change the subject (recommended tactics), it only made me look uninformed. I still cant believe conservatives don’t believe in hope and change, (awesome sounding words). They actually resolve to use logic and reality, (outdated and over rated), and it really is infuriating.
Hopefully we can start to ban conservative thoughts and ideals with the fairness doctrine, and eventually we can win the intellectual battles."

No?
I didn't think so.

Now do you understand?
Good.

Let's all recall that I caught you in an outright LIE trying to make an argument about a month ago?

Now, by your own 'logic' as expressed in this thread, the fact that YOU are a PROVEN LIAR grants us license to legitimately dismiss the chance of credibility of

anything you say here.

You must have me mistaken for someone else....I never lie.

I happen to believe and have said for years that Janet Reno made a grievous mistake at Waco and should have at the very least resigned.

So, by the logic of the OP, does that ADD credibility to my opinions of Michele Bachmann?

Can I thus expect PC will take great pains to tout the superior legitimacy and credence of those opinions?

Answer honestly.

This Holder Mexican Drug-Cartel Gun scam is a terrible tragedy. American Citizens were actually murdered as a result of it. Ashcroft really is a Saint when compared to Holder and Reno. In my opinion they should both be arrested. They both are a threat to this Nation. They have committed horrific crimes against the American People. I still don't understand how Holder has been allowed to skate on his Mexican Drug-Cartel Gun scam. But then again,Reno skated on Waco. The Democrats have completely cornered the market on corrupt and awful Attorney Generals. The Republicans can't even come close. So go with Bachmann on these Democrat smears. Why would anyone still trust Democrats?

I happen to believe and have said for years that Janet Reno made a grievous mistake at Waco and should have at the very least resigned.

So, by the logic of the OP, does that ADD credibility to my opinions of Michele Bachmann?

Sure as you seem to have a hell of a lot more capability for rational thought than those mentioned in the OP. I'm speaking for myself.

Can I thus expect PC will take great pains to tout the superior legitimacy and credence of those opinions?

Answer honestly.
Hmmm, you jumped from having some cred to having superior opinions. I don't see it, personally. No offense.

No?
I didn't think so.

Now do you understand?
Good.

anything you say here.

That would make 2, at least.

You lied when you tried to argue that Democratic politicians were more immoral than Republicans and then offered up as evidence

Democratic congressman Mark Foley.

anything you say here.

You lied when you tried to argue that Democratic politicians were more immoral than Republicans and then offered up as evidence

I think most liberals are over-emotional douche bags, I could be wrong, but it certainly doesn't make me a liar.

This Holder Mexican Drug-Cartel Gun scam is a terrible tragedy. American Citizens were actually murdered as a result of it. Ashcroft really is a Saint when compared to Holder and Reno. In my opinion they should both be arrested. They both are a threat to this Nation. They have committed horrific crimes against the American People. I still don't understand how Holder has been allowed to skate on his Mexican Drug-Cartel Gun scam. But then again,Reno skated on Waco. The Democrats have completely cornered the market on corrupt and awful Attorney Generals. The Republicans can't even come close. So go with Bachmann on these Democrat smears. Why would anyone still trust Democrats?

You didn't expect competency from this bunch did you? It's a bunch of faculty lounge theoreticians that grouped together, lack the resume to do much of anything.

anything you say here.

You are truly a dolt.

Yes, Foley should not have been in that list of Democrats. When pointed out, I immediately admitted same and gave the poster a rep.

An incorrect inclusion in a long list is hardly a "lie,' which implies the inclusion was on purpose...

...but in the world of grade-schoolers, with no real way to keep up on the board, I can see why you would claim such.

But, do give me a call when you actually find that I have lied....I'll be ice skating in Hell.

Sure as you seem to have a hell of a lot more capability for rational thought than those mentioned in the OP. I'm speaking for myself.

Answer honestly.
Hmmm, you jumped from having some cred to having superior opinions. I don't see it, personally. No offense.

No, superior legitimacy and credence. The OP's own logic establishes that my opinions are superior in those regards because I don't fall into the broadbrush category of liberal that she paints in her comically illogical premise.

You are truly a dolt.

Yes, Foley should not have been in that list of Democrats. When pointed out, I immediately admitted same and gave the poster a rep.

An incorrect inclusion in a long list is hardly a "lie,' which implies the inclusion was on purpose...

...but in the world of grade-schoolers, with no real way to keep up on the board, I can see why you would claim such.

But, do give me a call when you actually find that I have lied....I'll be ice skating in Hell.

So your defense is, I'm not dishonest, I'm ignorant. I link to material I haven't even read.

I think most here have already figured that out.

Try just using your own head for an argument. Try thinking of something to say, instead of trying to find something someone else said...

...at least once in awhile.

Forum List

Back