Sharpton Vows To Shut NYC Down

What a great thread this is.:rolleyes:

Any wonder the rest of the world thinks we're nuts in the US? The only two people having an objective conversation here are the Aussie and the New Zealander. Bother former police officers.

Then there's Mr Judgemental Armchair QB arguing with two former MPs one of them now a cop deciding how cops should act.

I got a real simple solution for this ... If you haven't been shot at or trained to be shot at and put your ass out on the line, don't tell those that have what it's all about. You don't f-ing have a clue.

And honorable mention goes to the serial racist trying to make Al Sharpton being an idiot into a racial trait.

Just one point Gunny - I'm still pulling the blue pants on every day :D

Umm, ok then. Not sure what this means, but sure.

By the way, the Judge made no finding of fact of the cops trying to arrest Bell, or telling him they were cops so I'd say your little opinion about the trial settling it is dead wrong.

Wow, there are so many issues you can be right on, but on this, pfsst. As the Gunnery that doesn't really like me said, it's right there in the transcripts. (Well it's what he meant.)

Wow, there are so many issues you can be right on, but on this, pfsst. As the Gunnery that doesn't really like me said, it's right there in the transcripts. (Well it's what he meant.)

No, its not. I read the Judges remarks. He doesn't say that they identified themselves.

What the judge said was:

Defendant Isnora yelled, "gun" and fired.

Other officers, indicted and unindicted, joined in from different locations on the street.

The court has found that the incident lasted just seconds. The officers responded to perceived criminal conduct; the unfortunate consequences of their conduct were tragic.

The police response with respect to each defendant was not proved to be criminal, i.e. beyond a reasonable doubt. Questions of carelessness and incompetence must be left to other forums.

Although there were aspects of defense testimony that were not necessarily credible, the focus must be on the people's proof to determine whether they have satisfied their burden of proving the defendants guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

To the extent that the defense of justification was applicable to the charged crimes, counts 1, 2, 3, 4 in part, 5 in part, 6, 7, and 8, the people have not proved, beyond a reasonable doubt, that each defendant was not justified in the actions that each took.

With respect to counts 4 and 5, Trent Benefield, whose credibility was seriously impeached, testified that he was shot while running down liverpool street. Forensic evidence demonstrated otherwise. Thus, although the justification defense would not have applied to that aspect of counts 4 and 5, it was not proved beyond a reasonable doubt.

Accordingly, the court finds each defendant not guilty of each of the respective counts in the indictment of which they were charged.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/ny-nystat0426,0,1369478.story

The Judge believed them? And where did he say that?

When one has to chose between two entirely different stories and determine beyond a reasonable doubt, just not believing one does not get you there, you must also have a reasonable opinion the other story is to some degree factual.

Unless of course you are a MENSA reject.

When one has to chose between two entirely different stories and determine beyond a reasonable doubt, just not believing one does not get you there, you must also have a reasonable opinion the other story is to some degree factual.

And your comment has *what* to do with his? He was acknowledging the judge made no finding in that regard.

So your point?

What a great thread this is.:rolleyes:

Any wonder the rest of the world thinks we're nuts in the US? The only two people having an objective conversation here are the Aussie and the New Zealander. Bother former police officers.

Then there's Mr Judgemental Armchair QB arguing with two former MPs one of them now a cop deciding how cops should act.

I got a real simple solution for this ... If you haven't been shot at or trained to be shot at and put your ass out on the line, don't tell those that have what it's all about. You don't f-ing have a clue.

And honorable mention goes to the serial racist trying to make Al Sharpton being an idiot into a racial trait.

If the public doesn't question the actions of the police, who does?

What a retarded response. You and Eots should trade notes.

There is nothing retarded about it. I’d simply like to know how you know. Were you there or do you have the transcripts. The case might be appealed to a higher court. Attorneys might find that the judge made procedural mistakes.

How about answering my question?

Notice what to SOME DEGREE factual means. Moron. If he had made a finding on whether the officers announced themselves, he would have stated it. He didn't.

50 bullets at what distance?

a COP yelled "gun" and began shooting?

The verdict of an emotional victim who was SHOT by cops is what threw the trial??

bullshit. shut it down. If you are a cop and have this kind of fuckup potential then it's time to find another source of income.

New Topics

Forum List

Back