Trump to attend wake for fallen NYPD officer while Biden heads to NYC for glitzy, star-studded fundraiser

It would be interesting to see how many of those states had stand your ground or castle laws.
I really dont know what to think

Certainly lib organizations such as the ACLU and most judges appointed by democrats are responsible for a portion of the murders when they release or go easy on convicted murderers

Because the death penalty is the best hedge against repeat offenders

But I cant say that I have all the answers either

I see no notes or citations to prove yer statement of opinion.
The report below in the links begs to differ with yer opinion.
NYPD Announces February 2024 Citywide Crime Statistics - NYC.gov NYPD Announces February 2024 Citywide Crime Statistics
/----/ I've lived in New York since 1971. I witnessed it first hand as a sales rep traveling all over NYC. And if you stop reporting crime, then, of course, rates go down.

But you want citations? I'll show you Citations, of course you probably won't read them.
By the early 1990s, these highly visible successes, especially in the subway, had begun to express themselves politically. Better than any other politician, Rudy Giuliani understood the pent-up demand for public order and built his successful 1993 run for mayor on quality-of-life themes. Once in office, he appointed Bratton, who had orchestrated the subway success and understood the importance of order maintenance, as New York’s police commissioner.

Under Bratton, the NYPD brought enormous capacities to bear on the city’s crime problem—particularly Compstat, its tactical planning and accountability system, which identified where crimes were occurring and held local commanders responsible for their areas. Giuliani and Bratton also gave the force’s members a clear vision of the “business” of the NYPD and how their activities contributed to it. In short, a theory previously advocated largely by elites filtered down to—and inspired—line police officers, who had constituted a largely ignored and underused capacity.

Major Crimes Rose 22 Percent in New York City ... - The New York Times

Jan 5, 2023All told, there were 189,777 arrests citywide in 2022, a 22 percent increase from 2021. Of those, 47,572 were for the most serious crimes: homicide, rape, robbery, felony assault, burglary, grand larceny...

If it's not reported, then, of course, crime rates drop.

Crime is a huge topic in elections this November, and the FBI has now entered the chat. It has just released the Crime in the Nation report for 2021. But the bureau switched the way it collects crime data this year, and many police departments did not get on board. Los Angeles and New York City did not report to the FBI. In fact, only 63% of the country's police departments submitted anything, and some of the data that was submitted was incomplete. Weihua Li of The Marshall Project has been poring over the FBI's findings.

I really dont know what to think

Certainly lib organizations such as the ACLU and most judges appointed by democrats are responsible for a portion of the murders when they release or go easy on convicted murderers

Because the death penalty is the best hedge against repeat offenders

But I cant say that I have all the answers either
I have represented several men sentenced to death row. Vonda Pelto is a friend of mine. She was the prison psychologist assigned to California's death row. We have had many, in depth, discussions on the mind of murderers. Death row is not a deterrent for the most part because that's not the way the minds of killers work. It's us. It's the society that refuses to accept the reality of the killer.

In most cases, the death penalty should not even bother with an appeal. Take them out to the parking lot after sentencing and put a bullet in their heads. Why? Because once it has been determined that the murder occurred because the killer derived enjoyment from the act, he can't be helped. He can't be rehabilitated. He's like a mountain lion that enjoyed stalking and killing joggers. No one suggests they be captured and put in a zoo for life. They are shot or captured and euthanized. Same with killers.

Forum List

Back