Sept 2, 1945 Japan Formally Surrenders

From my readings, the Emperor didn't have the power to surrender the country, until the politics that ousted the right wingers was finally effective. They still had several million men under arms in China and out of reach, along with scattered units all over SE Asia. It was a close thing, and it was indeed the bombs that gave the decisive push, saving many American lives, .....

Men who knew much better than you ever will disagreed.

I "heart" Fat Man and Little Boy!

From my readings, the Emperor didn't have the power to surrender the country, until the politics that ousted the right wingers was finally effective. They still had several million men under arms in China and out of reach, along with scattered units all over SE Asia. It was a close thing, and it was indeed the bombs that gave the decisive push, saving many American lives, and that is what matters, not the whining sniveling traitors false revisionism. They're all a bunch of Maoist tards.

Don't forget the naval raids on the mainland Japan. Good fun.

View attachment 215066

Did you fight in WWII?

What business is it of yours?

Afraid to answer, big mouth?

Did you fight in WWII?

....?

No.

See? That’s how you answer a question, big mouth.

From my readings, the Emperor didn't have the power to surrender the country, until the politics that ousted the right wingers was finally effective. They still had several million men under arms in China and out of reach, along with scattered units all over SE Asia. It was a close thing, and it was indeed the bombs that gave the decisive push, saving many American lives, .....

You just want to play at being a greasy little punk bitch ‘cause you think it’s ‘cute.’ FU, troll.

This is the History forum. Go play somewhere else.

:fu:

Last edited:
The Japanese were trying to negotiate terms of surrender with Stalin while Harry Truman refused to negotiate and authorized the first (and hopefully last) use of nuclear weapons on human beings in history. Ironically the holdout for terms of surrender was the preservation of the life of the Emperor and that happened anyway. The funny thing is that executing German war criminals became a popular pass time in Europe after the war but MacArthur didn't seem to have the fire in his gut to hunt down Japanese war criminals when he became the de-facto emperor of Japan maybe because he avoided the tortures that his men endured after he abandoned them (under orders) and was rescued to sit out the war in safety.

"Soon after the war, the Allied powers indicted 25 persons as Class-A war criminals, and 5,700 persons were indicted as Class-B or Class-C war criminals by Allied criminal trials. Of these, 984 were initially condemned to death, 920 were actually executed, 475 received life sentences, 2,944 received some prison terms, 1,018 were acquitted, and 279 were not sentenced or not brought to trial. These numbers included 178 ethnic Taiwanese and 148 ethnic Koreans.The Class-A charges were all tried by the International Military Tribunal for the Far East, also known as "the Tokyo Trials". Other courts were formed in many different places in Asia and the Pacific."

Source: Japanese war crimes - Wikipedia

You just want to play at being a greasy little punk bitch ‘cause you think it’s ‘cute.’ FU, troll.

Regardless of your hissy fits and whining I am glad A-bombed just as we did.

Hoooray!!!!

My Dad survived Normandy, Hurtgen Forest and the Battle of the Bulge.

He really didn't want to have to invade Japan.

Thank god for nukes.

... I am glad A-bombed just as we did.

Why?

Why?

It save American lives.

Why?

It save American lives.

You don't know that.

The Japanese were trying to negotiate terms of surrender with Stalin while Harry Truman refused to negotiate and authorized the first (and hopefully last) use of nuclear weapons on human beings in history. Ironically the holdout for terms of surrender was the preservation of the life of the Emperor and that happened anyway. The funny thing is that executing German war criminals became a popular pass time in Europe after the war but MacArthur didn't seem to have the fire in his gut to hunt down Japanese war criminals when he became the de-facto emperor of Japan maybe because he avoided the tortures that his men endured after he abandoned them (under orders) and was rescued to sit out the war in safety.

Stalin didn't even declare war on Japan until after it was already defeated, then raced to grab as much land as he could. Fuck Stalin and fuck Japan. Who thinks them surrendering to Stalin should have meant anything to to us???

lol the need to bash older Democrats is just getting more and more ludicrous; I guess the embarrassing failures of the Republicans in Europe after beating Wilson is too obvious, as was the major Depression and their callousness in that debacle of their policies and deflecting from that is a major priority now for some reason.
"Fuck Stalin and fuck Japan"....so much for let wing historical arguments. I rest my case.

Why?

It save American lives.

You don't know that.

You don't know that it didn't.

I know it was a better option than invading the mainland.

I "heart" the Enola Gay and the Bockscar.

Why?

It save American lives.

You don't know that.

I know it was a better option than invading the mainland./....

That was not the only other option.

Why?

It save American lives.

You don't know that.

I know it was a better option than invading the mainland./....

That was not the only other option.

Water under the bridge.

You reap what you sow.

What did the people of Nanking think?

Again dumbass the facts prove that after 2 bombs the Army refused to surrender, they Controlled the Government. Then when the Emperor intervened and surrendered anyway the Army staged a COUP to prevent their GOD from surrendering.

Again dumbass the facts prove that after 2 bombs the Army refused to surrender, they Controlled the Government. Then when the Emperor intervened and surrendered anyway the Army staged a COUP to prevent their GOD from surrendering.

The FACTS are that Japan was a defeated nation attempting to find a way to surrender. That FACT is that most of the victims of the atomic bombs were civilians who had no part in either the attack on the Pearl Harbor military instillation, the Bataan Death March, OR the notorious Rape of Nanjing. There is no avoiding these FACTS. What happened, happened and maybe it was unlikely to happen any other way, and war is itself an atrocity, but only intellectual and moral cowards avoid the FACTS of the matter.

Wrong. ....

Fact.

Rubbish, as usual.

Facts are only “rubbish” to willfully ignorant fools.
You IGNORE facts I have actual links to documents from the Japanese Government and they REFUSED to surrender even after 2 atomic bombs. And then staged a Coup to keep the Emperor from surrendering.

Forum List

Back