Lantern Lighting at Green Lake in Seattle To Commemorate The U.S. Bombing of Hiroshima

The only obstacle to ending the war months earlier had been the Allied Powers insistence on unconditional surrender (which meant that the emperor could be removed from his figurehead position in Japan and perhaps even brought before a war crimes tribunal). That demand was intolerable for Japan’s military leaders, who regarded the emperor as a deity.
Nonsense. Unconditional surrender was abandoned before the atomic bombs were dropped.

Japan still refused to surrender until after the atomic bombs were dropped.

Unlike Dirty Harry, I accept your surrender.
Don't be silly. Mr. Truman accepted Japan's surrender.

And yet you’ve failed to provide one link from an expert backing your opinion.
He posted a fact, not an opinion. It took an order from the Emperor to force the Japanese Army to back down on their demand for multiple surrender conditions, including no occupation of Japan, no war crimes trials, and Japanese troops simply pack up and return to base without being disarmed.

Most people argue for themselves instead of committing appeals to authority fallacies. It is only you history deniers who prefer to rely on logical fallacies. But here is a link to an expert:

Then back it up, we need more than just your word for it
If you are really so ignorant that you don't know that it took an order from the Emperor to make the Japanese Army back down on the surrender terms, I suggest that you read "Japan's Decision to Surrender" by Robert J. C. Butow and then "Japan's Longest Day" by The Pacific War Research Society.

That’s a lie. There was no meeting scheduled.
Why lie? It’s been reported in numerous places, even establishment sources where you get all your information, that the Japanese were meeting when Truman committed a second war crime at Nagasaki.

Of course you and the other warmongers in this thread know nothing about this topic.

Making it Hard for Japan to Surrender

When Nagasaki was bombed, it had been only 3 days since Hiroshima had been destroyed. There was chaos and confusion in Tokyo, where the military command was meeting with the Emperor Hirohito to discuss how to surrender with honor. The military leadership (of both nations) had known for months that Japan had already lost the war.

The 77th Anniversary of the Bombing of Nagasaki - LewRockwell

Of course you and the other warmongers in this thread know nothing about this topic.
No, it's only you history deniers who are ignorant. Otherwise you would have known about the Emperor needing to overrule the Japanese Army on the surrender terms.

when Truman committed a second war crime at Nagasaki.
Bombing a massive warship factory like Nagasaki is not a war crime. Neither is bombing a huge military base like Hiroshima.

Why lie? It’s been reported in numerous places, even establishment sources where you get all your information, that the Japanese were meeting when Truman committed a second war crime at Nagasaki.

Making it Hard for Japan to Surrender

When Nagasaki was bombed, it had been only 3 days since Hiroshima had been destroyed. There was chaos and confusion in Tokyo, where the military command was meeting with the Emperor Hirohito to discuss how to surrender with honor. The military leadership (of both nations) had known for months that Japan had already lost the war.
The 77th Anniversary of the Bombing of Nagasaki - LewRockwell
Japanese contacted the Soviets to NEGOTIATE a possible CEASE of hostilities. On CONDITIONAL terms.

Soviets answered by declaring war on Japan.

I find everyone ignorant of history has the same opinion that firebombings are ok but the nukes weren’t.

Zero guilt zero remorse.

Ketsu-Go

Japanese Mass Suicides​

Operation Ketsu-Go​

In the meantime, “the Emperor on a faraway island” continued to call for suicidal defensive battle strategies. He hoped that the atrocities would persuade America to negotiate a compromise rather than an unconditional surrender, according to historian John W. Dower. Emperor Hirohito actively chose an “all-out defense of Okinawa” to showcase Japan’s willingness to fight to the end, ignoring advice to end the war.

As stories of Saipan and Okinawa reached the American public, the lasting effect was indeed a deep disturbance over the Japanese mindset as the public heard stories of kamikaze pilots plummeting to their deaths, and of mass suicides committed by members of the military and civilians.

“In ’45, we knew about Guadalcanal, we knew about Iwo Jima, we knew about Okinawa,” said Richard Yalman in an interview with the Atomic Heritage on 2015. “People are going to do kamikaze, every one of them is going to be a kamikaze. We knew that, and it would be just terrible.”

Nothing so dangerous as a little knowledge and a ton of stereotype.

Yeah America is so great when it massacres defenseless women and children of a nation trying to surrender. We are so proud!
The Japanese militarists running the government were dragging their feet which played into the hands of the communists

Without the nukes Japan could be a nation divided along its own 38th Parallel

The Japanese militarists running the government were dragging their feet which played into the hands of the communists

Without the nukes Japan could be a nation divided along its own 38th Parallel
No. Complete propaganda designed to deceive and support total war.

I am already fully educated. That is why it was so easy for me to debunk your untrue claims.

The World Trade Center attack deliberately targeted civilians. That is quite a bit different from dropping atomic bombs on military targets.

It is proper that your untrue claims are denied.
Read the thread; this has all been discussed. TIA

I've read the thread. I've responded to the thread.

You have not "discussed" anything. You posted falsehoods and then ran away and hid when your falsehoods were challenged.
Well then...

Read the thread again.

:)

View attachment 678869

Today is the 77th anniversary of the dropping of the first atomic bomb on the city of Hiroshima, Japan by the United States effectively bringing to an end World War II. A second bomb however was dropped on Nagasaki 3 days thereafter. Japan subsequently surrendered on August 15th 1945.
An event commemorating this grave anniversary was held today at Green Lake in Seattle.

“FROM HIROSHIMA TO HOPE” ANNUAL LANTERN FLOATING PEACE CEREMONY @ GREEN LAKE

FAMILY PROGRAM

Saturday, August 6, 2022 | 6 - 9 PM PDT | FREE, DONATIONS WELCOME
Candle-lit lanterns will bring messages of peace and hope in this annual event that honors victims of the 1945 atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and all victims of violence. Lanterns will be provided and personalized with calligraphy by members of the Beikuku Shodo Kenkyu Kai (Japanese) and the Gurudwara Singh Sabha of Washington and Khalsa Gurmat School (Gurmukhi). The event will take place just south of the Seattle Public Theater (aka Bathhouse Theater), on Green Lake’s NW shore, at West Green Lake Drive North and Stone Ave North.​
A holiday with days off...know someone who's company was taken over by Mitsubishi...got 4 days off....here in the states.

Well then...
Read the thread again.
OK.

One of the most horrendous crimes against humanity, if not THE most horrendous, were those two bombings.
That is incorrect. Crimes against humanity are acts against civilian populations.

An example of a crime against humanity would be the World Trade Center attack on 9/11.

The atomic bombs were dropped on military targets.

Irrelevant; Japan was on its knees and begging to surrender.
That is incorrect. Japan did not offer to surrender until after both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

We needed to show our USSR allies that we had the bombs,
That is incorrect. We needed to make Japan surrender.

and thought nothing about using them in the two most horrendous acts of terror in human history.
That is incorrect. Acts of terror target civilians.

OK.

That is incorrect. Crimes against humanity are acts against civilian populations.

An example of a crime against humanity would be the World Trade Center attack on 9/11.

That is incorrect. Japan did not offer to surrender until after both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

That is incorrect. We needed to make Japan surrender.

That is incorrect. Acts of terror target civilians.

Ah - I see now.

I'd suggest reading the thread again, reflecting on its contents, researching as needed, and then coming back and apologizing for your rank ignorance.

TIA

Ah - I see now.
I'd suggest reading the thread again, reflecting on its contents, researching as needed, and then coming back and apologizing for your rank ignorance.
TIA
No such ignorance. I know more about this subject than you know about everything.

That's why it was so easy for me to debunk your falsehoods, and why you cannot point out any falsehoods in my posts.

Forum List

Back