Sept 2, 1945 Japan Formally Surrenders

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
After the atomic bombs offensive operations were suspended. But the slow responses by the Japanese forced the allies to renew the bombings and start building a third atomic bomb. Then a coup attempt was made to keep the war going. Fortunately it failed. Only then did Japan agree to unconditional surrender.
464E8F61-431B-4940-910E-7C91CC51CEF3.jpeg

And just in case someone was thinking of changing their mind, a huge show of force including 10 Battleships was used in Tokyo Bay.
E092DCC5-DF1D-46E7-BF3C-C0897D366F5C.jpeg

Just checking to see if anyone cared yet. Nope, they haven't. Carry on.

From my readings, the Emperor didn't have the power to surrender the country, until the politics that ousted the right wingers was finally effective. They still had several million men under arms in China and out of reach, along with scattered units all over SE Asia. It was a close thing, and it was indeed the bombs that gave the decisive push, saving many American lives, and that is what matters, not the whining sniveling traitors false revisionism. They're all a bunch of Maoist tards.

From my readings, the Emperor didn't have the power to surrender the country, until the politics that ousted the right wingers was finally effective. They still had several million men under arms in China and out of reach, along with scattered units all over SE Asia. It was a close thing, and it was indeed the bombs that gave the decisive push, saving many American lives, .....

Men who knew much better than you ever will disagreed.

From my readings, the Emperor didn't have the power to surrender the country, until the politics that ousted the right wingers was finally effective. They still had several million men under arms in China and out of reach, along with scattered units all over SE Asia. It was a close thing, and it was indeed the bombs that gave the decisive push, saving many American lives, .....

Wrong. In fact it would have been fine if we had dropped a couple more. Fewer of them to feed in the following famines in Europe and China.

Wrong. ....

Fact.

The Japanese were trying to negotiate terms of surrender with Stalin while Harry Truman refused to negotiate and authorized the first (and hopefully last) use of nuclear weapons on human beings in history. Ironically the holdout for terms of surrender was the preservation of the life of the Emperor and that happened anyway. The funny thing is that executing German war criminals became a popular pass time in Europe after the war but MacArthur didn't seem to have the fire in his gut to hunt down Japanese war criminals when he became the de-facto emperor of Japan maybe because he avoided the tortures that his men endured after he abandoned them (under orders) and was rescued to sit out the war in safety.

Last edited:
The Japanese were trying to negotiate terms of surrender with Stalin while Harry Truman refused to negotiate and authorized the first (and hopefully last) use of nuclear weapons on human beings in history. Ironically the holdout for terms of surrender was the preservation of the life of the Emperor and that happened anyway. The funny thing is that executing German war criminals became a popular pass time in Europe after the war but MacArthur didn't seem to have the fire in his gut to hunt down Japanese war criminals when he became the de-facto emperor of Japan maybe because he avoided the tortures that his men endured after he abandoned them (under orders) and was rescued to sit out the war in safety.

Stalin didn't even declare war on Japan until after it was already defeated, then raced to grab as much land as he could. Fuck Stalin and fuck Japan. Who thinks them surrendering to Stalin should have meant anything to to us???

lol the need to bash older Democrats is just getting more and more ludicrous; I guess the embarrassing failures of the Republicans in Europe after beating Wilson is too obvious, as was the major Depression and their callousness in that debacle of their policies and deflecting from that is a major priority now for some reason.

Wrong. ....

Fact.

Rubbish, as usual.

Wrong. ....

Fact.

Rubbish, as usual.

Facts are only “rubbish” to willfully ignorant fools.

No big loss

From my readings, the Emperor didn't have the power to surrender the country, until the politics that ousted the right wingers was finally effective. They still had several million men under arms in China and out of reach, along with scattered units all over SE Asia. It was a close thing, and it was indeed the bombs that gave the decisive push, saving many American lives, and that is what matters, not the whining sniveling traitors false revisionism. They're all a bunch of Maoist tards.

Don't forget the naval raids on the mainland Japan. Good fun.

USSIndianaKamaishiJapan07141944.jpg

No big loss

?

No big loss

?

Based on the battle for Okinawa, which killed more people than both atomic bombs did, the bombs were the Right call.

You reap what you sow.

View attachment 215066

Did you fight in WWII?

View attachment 215066

Did you fight in WWII?

What business is it of yours?

No big loss

?

...the battle for Okinawa, which killed more people than both atomic bombs did....

That’s not correct.

View attachment 215066

Did you fight in WWII?

Afraid to answer, big mouth?

No big loss

?

...the battle for Okinawa, which killed more people than both atomic bombs did....

That’s not correct.

You wish

View attachment 215066

Did you fight in WWII?

Afraid to answer, big mouth?

Did you fight in WWII?

Do you miss the japs we nuked?

Forum List

Back