WW2 began 79 years ago, Poland first to fight the Nazis.

SobieskiSavedEurope

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2017
Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
In light of Poland being the first to fight the Nazis, there's still persistent ploys to blame Poland for the Holocaust.

Poland marks 79th anniversary of WWII outbreak

01.09.2018 09:30
Observances commemorating the 79th anniversary of the outbreak of World War II were held in Poland at dawn on Saturday.
6ecb3a80-891a-4117-909b-ff8b2b498cd2.file
World War II commemorations held on Westerplatte in the coastal city of Gdańsk. Photo: PAP/Marcin Gadomski

Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki attended observances held on Westerplatte in Gdańsk on the Baltic coast, where on September 1, 1939 at 4:45 am the German battleship Schleswig-Holstein began shelling a Polish military depot in the first battle between Polish and German soldiers of WWII.

Morawiecki called Westerplatte a symbolic “patch of Poland,” where Polish soldiers fought to defend their country’s independence.

“From the very first days of World War II, Polish soldiers and society changed the fate of the world; they fought to protect the free world against the enemies of freedom, Poland and Europe,” Morawiecki said.

Sirens wailed and the Polish national anthem was played at a monument honouring those who defended the Polish coast.

The week-long defence by the Poles against overwhelmingly larger German forces became a symbol of the heroism of Polish soldiers.

Observances were also held in central city of Wieluń, the first Polish town to be bombed by the Germans at 4:40 am on 1 September 1939.

In a letter read out at the ceremony President Andrzej Duda said: “Bombing a sleeping city, which had no Polish military garrison and was of no strategic importance, was a crime.”

“The destruction of houses, churches, a Protestant church, synagogue, hospital were barbaric and a dramatic harbinger of the character of World War II, which was symbolised by a mass annihilation of entire communities.”

The Wieluń observances took place at a site where there was a hospital on the day the war broke out. The war’s first bombs fell on that building, killing 32 people, including 26 patients. In all, the Germans killed around 1,200 civilians in the city that day.

Duda took part in commemorations in the northern town of Tczew, where 16 people, chiefly rail workers, were killed on September 1, 1939.

Duda said this year’s ceremonies fell on the centenary of Poland’s independence, which Poland regained on November 11, 1918, the day World War I ended, after 123 years of partition by Russia, Austria and Prussia.

He said: “The dates 1 September and 17 September [marking the Soviet invasion from the east] are a bleak reminder in this year’s 100th anniversary of Poland’s independence as these dates remind [Poles] of the time they again lost their homeland and Poland was divided between its two major enemies

The Nazis and, eventually, many Germans themselves were atrocious to the Poles. This is why it's mystifying to me that you parrot some of the Nazi sentiments about certain religious people.

Don't do that. You know what that is. Just don't do it. It's so ugly.

. 2 World War began when Poland attacked Czechoslovakia after the conclusion of the Munich collusion.
Poland planned to conclude an agreement with Hitler against the USSR, so when Stalin proposed an alliance to the Poles, they refused. Britain supported Poland, because they wanted to direct Hitler's first strike against the USSR.

Please explain why Poles helped German Nazis to carry out the Jewish Holocaust. Please explain why Poles have supported the Roman Catholic Church, which collaborated with German Nazis and even hid them after the war and helped them get away to places like Paraguay; This is one of the reasons why I refuse to count myself as as an RC or follow this faith, even though I have ancestral roots in Russia and Poland.

Please explain why Poles helped German Nazis to carry out the Jewish Holocaust. Please explain why Poles have supported the Roman Catholic Church, which collaborated with German Nazis and even hid them after the war and helped them get away to places like Paraguay; This is one of the reasons why I refuse to count myself as as an RC or follow this faith, even though I have ancestral roots in Russia and Poland.
Let them still tell how the "heroic Polish army" fought for one month .. and the loss of the officers to the rank and file are equal to 1/20 !!! While in conventional combat this figure is 1/5. Polish "shlyahi" officers fled the war and left "sholops"?

I cannot explain anyone who would dismiss pictures of naked women lined up to be gassed, and boxes of wedding rings taken off of them. And I don't know how anyone can dismiss pictures of human beings so mistreated that they were living skeletons.

I am a Christian who lives a metro ride away from the Holocaust Museum in downtown Washington. I will never go because I don't know how far I can get on my knees, knowing that I can never make it up to these people and their families. Same with the likes of Pol Pot (I used to work with a Cambodian woman whose family was wiped out) . And that wonderful picture of a Turkish official waving bread over the heads of starving Armenian children. My disgust with humanity is complete.

I am reading Bloodlands: Europe Between hitler and Stalin
jesus christ
...famine big time/starvation/murder/genocide/relocation [ in freezing temps/packed trains/etc ] --long before and during WW2
they got it from both Stalin and hitler!!
the Poles did defeat the Russians before WW2 started
....and the Russians murdering hundreds of Pole officers--then wanting them to help Russia fight Germany after June 1941
..what a huge mess in so many aspects for the Poles

And a fine job they did, what with their horses and sabers and all.

...no doubt about it, the Poles got it from every direction in every manner pre-WW2 and during WW2

In light of Poland being the first to fight the Nazis, there's still persistent ploys to blame Poland for the Holocaust.

01.09.2018 09:30
Observances commemorating the 79th anniversary of the outbreak of World War II were held in Poland at dawn on Saturday.
6ecb3a80-891a-4117-909b-ff8b2b498cd2.file
World War II commemorations held on Westerplatte in the coastal city of Gdańsk. Photo: PAP/Marcin Gadomski

Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki attended observances held on Westerplatte in Gdańsk on the Baltic coast, where on September 1, 1939 at 4:45 am the German battleship Schleswig-Holstein began shelling a Polish military depot in the first battle between Polish and German soldiers of WWII.

Morawiecki called Westerplatte a symbolic “patch of Poland,” where Polish soldiers fought to defend their country’s independence.

“From the very first days of World War II, Polish soldiers and society changed the fate of the world; they fought to protect the free world against the enemies of freedom, Poland and Europe,” Morawiecki said.

Sirens wailed and the Polish national anthem was played at a monument honouring those who defended the Polish coast.

The week-long defence by the Poles against overwhelmingly larger German forces became a symbol of the heroism of Polish soldiers.

Observances were also held in central city of Wieluń, the first Polish town to be bombed by the Germans at 4:40 am on 1 September 1939.

In a letter read out at the ceremony President Andrzej Duda said: “Bombing a sleeping city, which had no Polish military garrison and was of no strategic importance, was a crime.”

“The destruction of houses, churches, a Protestant church, synagogue, hospital were barbaric and a dramatic harbinger of the character of World War II, which was symbolised by a mass annihilation of entire communities.”

The Wieluń observances took place at a site where there was a hospital on the day the war broke out. The war’s first bombs fell on that building, killing 32 people, including 26 patients. In all, the Germans killed around 1,200 civilians in the city that day.

Duda took part in commemorations in the northern town of Tczew, where 16 people, chiefly rail workers, were killed on September 1, 1939.

Duda said this year’s ceremonies fell on the centenary of Poland’s independence, which Poland regained on November 11, 1918, the day World War I ended, after 123 years of partition by Russia, Austria and Prussia.

He said: “The dates 1 September and 17 September [marking the Soviet invasion from the east] are a bleak reminder in this year’s 100th anniversary of Poland’s independence as these dates remind [Poles] of the time they again lost their homeland and Poland was divided between its two major enemies
you forgot to mention 2 things ,

1) occupation of annexations of Czechoslovakia lands in which polish semi - fascist state took a part of Hitler´s side
ww2-second-world-war-two-sudetenland-nazi-germany-incredible-amazing-dramatic-history-historyimages.blogspot.com-004.jpeg

Verdrag_van_M%C3%BCnchen.jpg

2) why did you ignore the fact that USSR attacked Polish state too, from other side ?
images

220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-121-0011-20%2C_Polen%2C_deutsch-sowjetische_Siegesparade.jpg

Brest-Litovsk_worldwartwo.filminspector.com_1.jpg

A Wehrmacht soldier kisses a Russian female soldier in Brest-Litovsk, Western Belarus , 22 September 1939.
upload_2018-9-2_1-21-29.jpeg

. 2 World War began when Poland attacked Czechoslovakia after the conclusion of the Munich collusion.
Poland planned to conclude an agreement with Hitler against the USSR, so when Stalin proposed an alliance to the Poles, they refused. Britain supported Poland, because they wanted to direct Hitler's first strike against the USSR.
shut up Muscovite-sovok , without our western canned meat , and military aid you´d have 0 chance against Germany too , you´d eat each other like you did in 1946-47 , and you´ll have this flag on Kremlin towers 55 years early

upload_2018-9-2_1-40-31.jpeg

images

9b92759d4062daf19234a8d87b59da61.jpg

First to fight? Poland was a freaking pushover and became an ally of the Nazis. Auschwitz was in Poland for God's sake.

You're definitely a Jew, and a dumb one at that, if you think many Poles helped the German Nazis carry out the Holocaust.

Poland fought Nazis through out WW2 first as Poland, and then as Armia Krajowa, and Poland even saved the most Jews of any nation in Europe.

Nazi Germany started annexing German majority lands in Czech, Poland in response started annexing Polish majority land Cieszyn Silesia which Czech's had stolen from Poland after WW1.

Let them still tell how the "heroic Polish army" fought for one month .. and the loss of the officers to the rank and file are equal to 1/20 !!! While in conventional combat this figure is 1/5. Polish "shlyahi" officers fled the war and left "sholops"?

Massive France, with British support didn't last more than days longer than Poland, and the Netherlands only lasted a few days in WW2.

The Nazis and, eventually, many Germans themselves were atrocious to the Poles. This is why it's mystifying to me that you parrot some of the Nazi sentiments about certain religious people.

Don't do that. You know what that is. Just don't do it. It's so ugly.

Jews are responsible for most of the anti-Polish propaganda floating around, why should I like this tribe, exactly?

What Polish plan to conclude an agree with Hitler against the USSR?

Poland rejected the Nazi anti-Comintern pact against Soviets,

Even though in 1937 - 1938 over 100,000 Poles were killed by Soviets, in the Polish Operation of the NKVD.

You're definitely a Jew, and a dumb one at that, if you think many Poles helped the German Nazis carry out the Holocaust.

Poland fought Nazis through out WW2 first as Poland, and then as Armia Krajowa, and Poland even saved the most Jews of any nation in Europe.

Are you trying to turn the idea that someone is Jewish into some sort of an accusation? Like there is something wrong with being Jewish?

BTW: I actually am not Jewish. I was baptized in an RC church, as my family on both my mother's and father's sides was RC. I have stated above what one of my major complaints with the RC church is (there are others).

But if you want me to be a Jew because it fits some psychological need that you have about religion, go for it. Just enroll me as a PROUD Jew. Shalom.

Forum List

Back