Senate Republicans block BP investigation

rdean will ignore it

as do his retarded sources

Read it yourself you fools.

Look at the date on that post you keep waiving around. It was JULY FUCKING FIRST.

And does the president have subpoena power now? NOOOOOO.

It takes the Republicans 4 MONTHS to "read something"?????

There were NEVER going to give him ANYTHING. He's a "black" guy in the "WHITE" House.

Remember:

it will be his Waterloo.

Remember:

It will break him

Republicans want Obama to "fail". They say it's his policies, but that's a joke. Nothing he has done has been anywhere as close to radical as what they did under Bush.
you dipshit, the GOP block on it was LIFTED then
when they READ it
you dishonest PoS

Don't for get White hating Christaphobic propagandists as well :)

Look at the date on that post you keep waiving around. It was JULY FUCKING FIRST.

There were NEVER going to give him ANYTHING. He's a "black" guy in the "WHITE" House.

Remember:

it will be his Waterloo.

Remember:

It will break him

Republicans want Obama to "fail". They say it's his policies, but that's a joke. Nothing he has done has been anywhere as close to radical as what they did under Bush.
when they READ it
you dishonest PoS

goes without saying as nearly every post of his says it

notice how he has ignored this since the proof that any blocks the GOP in the senate had were gone 4 months ago

rdean will ignore it

Remember:

it will be his Waterloo.

Remember:

It will break him

Tell you what you racist fuck; you show me the bill, and when it was presented. Even just give me the bills number and I'll do the research. because right now you got nothing. Demint stated flat out that it was blocked so it could be read, and then it was said that the republican ;leadership had no problems with it. There isn't another mews story about it. So show me where the democrats tried to bring it up and the Republicans blocked it again......Or as I said just find the bill number because I can't find it. Seems almost as if it doesn't exist.

You have this fucking hate problem and try to pass it off to everyone else I for one am tired of your shit.

You write as if you believe the people in the Senate don't talk to each other. Everyone in the senate knows what time it is and who's doing what to whom?

-----------------------------------------------

The Times has long opposed filibusters and holds in the Senate (yes, even during the Bush years) on the grounds that both procedures are fundamentally undemocratic and require a level of mutual respect that no longer exists in Congress. Recent examples of such procedural abuse abound in Congress; a particularly egregious case was when Sen. Richard C. Shelby (R-Ala.) placed secret holds on 70 of President Obama's nominations to win terms more favorable to his state on an Air Force contract to build aerial refueling tankers. Shelby's obstructionism was undemocratic, but his reasons for holding Obama's nominations hostages were clear.

South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint warned Monday evening that he would block all legislation that has not been cleared by his office in the final days of the pre-election session.

DeMint's action serves no purpose other than to make him the most powerful man in the Senate, even denying his own minority leader Mitch McConnell the ability to negotiate with Democrats.

Jim DeMint: The most undemocratic senator? | Opinion L.A. | Los Angeles Times

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey, how come you guys never post links? Don't you know how to use a search engine?

when they READ it
you dishonest PoS

goes without saying as nearly every post of his says it

notice how he has ignored this since the proof that any blocks the GOP in the senate had were gone 4 months ago

You are so full of shit, your eyeballs are about to pop.

Bug_Eyed.jpg

You know what's really funny? If Republicans say they didn't have time to "read the bill", how come they NEVER requested a rules change?

You know what's really funny? If Republicans say they didn't have time to "read the bill", how come they NEVER requested a rules change?
dipshit
that was over back in JULY

but i fully expect you to keep on claiming they are still blocking

Oops, deanie-do. Try reading it again: The Plum Line - Good: Senate GOP will lift block on subpoena power against BP

Or remain willfully ignorant and the fool.
rdean will ignore it

Remember:

it will be his Waterloo.

Remember:

It will break him

I love how you ignore that the GOP stopped blocking this in July, and fling some more White racist claims out.

And you wonder why I call you a white hating....well you know the rest.

Republicans are in BP's back pocket. I know it. You know it.

Hey, let's all go apologize to BP. We embarrassed them. The nerve. Asking them to clean up their mess.

Oh, wait, Republicans ALREADY apologized. Guess that means we don't have to.

Hey, let's all go apologize to BP. We embarrassed them. The nerve. Asking them to clean up their mess.

Both parties are in the oil industries pocket pal.

What does that have to do with you Spreading lies in this thread?

Someone needed to apologize for the thug shakedown BS, After they had already stated they would be financially responsible.

Got a bill number yet?

Someone needed to apologize for the thug shakedown BS, After they had already stated they would be financially responsible.

Got a bill number yet?

The only thing I think they needed to be apologized to for, was the fact that Dems, who knew they had already agreed to pay. Used it as an opportunity to Grand stand and make it look like they forced them to pay.

However that apology might have been better aimed at us than BP.

I wonder if rdean is grappling with that fact that this thread simply highlights what I said.

It is proof the Dems are in big oils pocket just as much as the Republicans.

Why else would they have done nothing in the last 4 months, and instead try to pretend Republicans are blocking it.

Don Stewart, a spokesman for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.), said that Republicans supported giving subpoena power to a bipartisan, congressionally appointed panel, not a panel appointed by Mr. Obama that some Republicans view as partisan.

Oil-Spill Panel Pushes for Subpoena Power - WSJ.com

Now we know the truth. This is why Republicans blocked subpoena power. Republicans, the people who "apologized" to BP want to be on the committee, otherwise, no committee. What does it matter? They APOLOGIZED to BP. They will do anything to protect that foreign company. Up to and fucking over the American People. Well, at least they're consistent. They are only practising their "party values".

rdean, does the Presidential Commission have subpoena power or don't they? How's about we argue from facts for a change?

BTW, the President has no power to create a Congressional Committee.

The U.S. House of Representatives voted 420-1 to give the presidential commission investigating the BP oil spill full subpoena power. In the Senate the move was blocked by Republicans.

Senate Republicans block BP investigation | MNN - Mother Nature Network

YouTube - BP Investigation Blocked By Senate

----------------------------

Remember how many times I said this would happen? Republicans will probably get both houses this fall. BP will pay nothing. ALL costs will be born by the Middle Class.

A post at the bottom explained it:

Listen up people. Even though Democrats have the majority, there still needs to be 60 votes to bring legislation to a full vote. Once the full vote takes place, then you only need a majority. Since the Democrats do not have 60 senators in the senate, they always need Republican support to get a bill to the floor to be voted on. Failure to get the 60 votes is called a filibuster. The Republicans have banned together to ensure that the 60 votes needed to get the bill to the floor to be voted on by the full senate will not happen.
So wake up people. The Republicans do not want this investigated. The real question is why.

Not quite sure why we need a "presidential commission" to have "full subpoena power". If laws were broken then let the proper local, state, and/or federal authorities investigate. We don't need politicians doing the work of the justice department.

So as it turns out, or at least appears to me, is that rdean is pissed off because his hero changed the rules of the game. Had the congressional committee appointed this investigating panel there would be no problem. However, because Mr Bigshit Obama had to stick his nose in where it doesn't belong..................................

At least that's the way I see rdeans link....

But then I could be wrong. Don't think so, But it's possible.

The U.S. House of Representatives voted 420-1 to give the presidential commission investigating the BP oil spill full subpoena power. In the Senate the move was blocked by Republicans.

Senate Republicans block BP investigation | MNN - Mother Nature Network

YouTube - BP Investigation Blocked By Senate

----------------------------

Remember how many times I said this would happen? Republicans will probably get both houses this fall. BP will pay nothing. ALL costs will be born by the Middle Class.

A post at the bottom explained it:

Listen up people. Even though Democrats have the majority, there still needs to be 60 votes to bring legislation to a full vote. Once the full vote takes place, then you only need a majority. Since the Democrats do not have 60 senators in the senate, they always need Republican support to get a bill to the floor to be voted on. Failure to get the 60 votes is called a filibuster. The Republicans have banned together to ensure that the 60 votes needed to get the bill to the floor to be voted on by the full senate will not happen.
So wake up people. The Republicans do not want this investigated. The real question is why.

Not quite sure why we need a "presidential commission" to have "full subpoena power". If laws were broken then let the proper local, state, and/or federal authorities investigate. We don't need politicians doing the work of the justice department.

Ah but the Politicians need to grand stand.

rdean, does the Presidential Commission have subpoena power or don't they? How's about we argue from facts for a change?

The presidential committee does NOT have subpoena power.

I'm watching Hardball Chris Mathews right now with the same lady Senator from New Hampshire saying the request for subpoena power had been made three times. She said she will introduce it for a fourth time.

Chris Mathews asked her why the Republicans keep blocking it. Then he said his brother has been working on oil rigs for 30 years. The technology has been proven. That mistakes are management decisions because there so many redundancies a failure is nearly impossible unless a management decision is made to bypass safeties.

He said Republicans want Americans to believe this is a "mechanical" failure.

Of course, the righties will call me a liar. The same Hardball will be repeated tonight at 1:00 for those who care to sit up, watch what I just wrote and then still call me a liar anyway.

The funny thing is the right RARELY posts links. When you ask them why? They say, because I'm only giving my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

The presidential committee does NOT have subpoena power.

I'm watching Hardball Chris Mathews right now with the same lady Senator from New Hampshire saying the request for subpoena power had been made three times. She said she will introduce it for a fourth time.

Chris Mathews asked her why the Republicans keep blocking it. Then he said his brother has been working on oil rigs for 30 years. The technology has been proven. That mistakes are management decisions because there so many redundancies a failure is nearly impossible unless a management decision is made to bypass safeties.

Of course, the righties will call me a liar. The same Hardball will be repeated tonight at 1:00 for those who care to sit up, watch what I just wrote and then still call me a liar.

The funny thing is the right RARELY posts links. When you ask them why? They say, because I'm only giving my opinion.

Chris Mathews lol. Well there is your problem.

Forum List

Back