Senate Republicans block BP investigation

rdean, does the Presidential Commission have subpoena power or don't they? How's about we argue from facts for a change?

BTW, the President has no power to create a Congressional Committee.

The presidential committee does NOT have subpoena power.

I'm watching Hardball Chris Mathews right now with the same lady Senator from New Hampshire saying the request for subpoena power had been made three times. She said she will introduce it for a fourth time.

Chris Mathews asked her why the Republicans keep blocking it. Then he said his brother has been working on oil rigs for 30 years. The technology has been proven. That mistakes are management decisions because there so many redundancies a failure is nearly impossible unless a management decision is made to bypass safeties.

Of course, the righties will call me a liar. The same Hardball will be repeated tonight at 1:00 for those who care to sit up, watch what I just wrote and then still call me a liar.

The funny thing is the right RARELY posts links. When you ask them why? They say, because I'm only giving my opinion.

Chris Mathews lol. Well there is your problem.

Here it is. It made the Internet. Go ahead, call this US Senator a LIAR. If she was lying, Senate Republicans would be all over her. Are they? No. Why. Because they want to screw the American people and their base eats it up.

And there you go. Gobble gobble gobble.

Oil spill commission denied subpoena power - Bing Videos

Last edited by a moderator:
The presidential committee does NOT have subpoena power.

I'm watching Hardball Chris Mathews right now with the same lady Senator from New Hampshire saying the request for subpoena power had been made three times. She said she will introduce it for a fourth time.

Chris Mathews asked her why the Republicans keep blocking it. Then he said his brother has been working on oil rigs for 30 years. The technology has been proven. That mistakes are management decisions because there so many redundancies a failure is nearly impossible unless a management decision is made to bypass safeties.

Of course, the righties will call me a liar. The same Hardball will be repeated tonight at 1:00 for those who care to sit up, watch what I just wrote and then still call me a liar.

The funny thing is the right RARELY posts links. When you ask them why? They say, because I'm only giving my opinion.

Here it is. It made the Internet. Go ahead, call this US Senator a LIAR. If she was lying, Senate Republicans would be all over her. Are they? No. Why. Because they want to screw the American people and their base eats it up.

Yada yada yada, White, yada yada yada, Christian, Yada yada yada, Republicans.....

That's all I hear when you talk anymore.

Your Blind Partisanship makes you incapable of seeing Both sides.

Neither side actually wants it to happen. This is all a shell game, partisan Politics. Nothing more.

Last edited:
So as it turns out, or at least appears to me, is that rdean is pissed off because his hero changed the rules of the game. Had the congressional committee appointed this investigating panel there would be no problem. However, because Mr Bigshit Obama had to stick his nose in where it doesn't belong..................................

At least that's the way I see rdeans link....

But then I could be wrong. Don't think so, But it's possible.

I posted the video.

Yada yada yada, White, yada yada yada, Christian, Yada yada yada, Republicans.....

Your Blind Partisanship make you incapable of seeing Both sides.

Can't bear the truth. Thought so.

No you can't bear the truth. BOTH sides do not want a real investigation to happen. She is Grand standing.

Quote: Originally Posted by SFC Ollie
This is old news, unless i am confusing almost the exact same thing.

Yes Republicans blocked it in the Senate until the republican leadership had time to read it.

They then, a day or 2 later allowed the vote to go forward.

Move on folks there is no story here......

O for pity's sake...I feel foolish now!

Damn you, rdean!!!

They are pulling your leg.

The president's commission met today on BP to try to figure out their options without subpoena power. The President had subpoena power for the 9/11 Commission, for 3-Mile Island. They don't have it for BP because it was blocked by Republicans.

That means that we have to rely on what ever BP is kind enough to share with us.

If you look at the Republican's "Plague on America", there is nothing about alternate energy or environmental protection. They simply don't care about these things.

We watched this oil spill for months. What have you heard about it in the so-called "liberal" media for the last couple of months. Seems the "liberal" media may not be so "liberal" after all.

rdean, you are a damned liar. post a link with todays date on it. i just spent more time than necessary looking and the only stories on this i can find is from a month ago. Please bring us up to date or at least apologize for being an idiot.

I must be a liar.

No you can't bear the truth. BOTH sides do not want a real investigation to happen. She is Grand standing.

Then you watched the video. Why won't Republicans call her bluff and give the Presidential Commission subpoena power?

The things you say. You don't really believe your own BS?

Then you watched the video. Why won't Republicans call her bluff and give the Presidential Commission subpoena power?

Because they don't want an investigation either. Do you even read what other people type?

Mark my words, after the election. Even if Dems hold Both houses. This will go away, they don't want it. They are just using it as a campaign tool

Once you give up your alignment to either party. It becomes much easier to see BOTH of them for what they are.

Like I said your Democrat Blinders are making it impossible for you to see the whole truth.

Why do we not have a number on this bill that the House passed?

And why is it that Mr Matthews brother believes that there has never been a mechanical failure? Shit breaks all the time. It's why they have mechanics, repairmen, and spare parts.

Oh and the videos that were shown there are from months ago.

Because they don't want an investigation either. Do you even read what other people type?

Mark my words, after the election. Even if Dems hold Both houses. This will go away, they don't want it. They are just using it as a campaign tool

Once you give up your alignment to either party. It becomes much easier to see BOTH of them for what they are.

Like I said your Democrat Blinders are making it impossible for you to see the whole truth.

But of course, YOU see the truth. Wow, you must be smart.

Why do we not have a number on this bill that the House passed?

And why is it that Mr Matthews brother believes that there has never been a mechanical failure? Shit breaks all the time. It's why they have mechanics, repairmen, and spare parts.

Oh and the videos that were shown there are from months ago.

Because, obviously, you are impugning the integrity of a US Senator you know nothing about.

If she were lying, Republicans would be all over her. You know that right? Can you deny that?

If she were lying, Republicans would be shouting it from the rooftops. You know that right? Can you deny that?

If what she was saying was a lie, Senate Republicans would be screaming that they had been smeared. You know that, right?

Chris Mathews NEVER said there has never been a Mechanical failure. You could watch it again if you don't believe me.

More than 27,000 abandoned oil and gas lurking under the Gulf of Mexico, and more than 1,000 oil rigs and platforms are inactive. An Associated Press investigation revealed that many of the wells have been ignored for decades, with no one to check for leaks.

USA: 3500 Gulf unused wells must be connected - News - Mining News and Journal

Nah, I just took my partisan blinders off a couple years ago is all.

You don't have to believe me, Just wait and see what happens.

Both sides like getting money from BP, this is nothing but a dog and pony show.

The company I work at sent money to both John McCain and Obama.

The employees took up collections and sent the bundled money to Obama.

The corporate CEO and the owners sent money to McCain.

There is money and there is money.

It's amazing how clear you can see the difference.

And both parties love it all, and could care less where it comes from.

And if you give them enough. like BP has to Both parties. They will defend you to the death.

Like I said, A real investigation is not going to happen. If congress has any say over it.

And both parties love it all, and could care less where it comes from.

And if you give them enough. like BP has to Both parties. They will defend you to the death.

Like I said, A real investigation is not going to happen. If congress has any say over it.

Republicans will make sure of it. Just in case.

So there are no bills that this was voted on? No number so we can go back and trace it....

I give up then. There is simply no way to verify what happened if there is no paper trail to follow.

I know that the Republicans lifted their objections at one point. now you are telling us that the rules changed, and they objected again.

Oh fucking well. I can't find it in the congressional records. Maybe because once again King shit Obama took control?

So there are no bills that this was voted on? No number so we can go back and trace it....

I give up then. There is simply no way to verify what happened if there is no paper trail to follow.

I know that the Republicans lifted their objections at one point. now you are telling us that the rules changed, and they objected again.

Oh fucking well. I can't find it in the congressional records. Maybe because once again King shit Obama took control?

Just goes to prove my point.

neither side actually wants to investigate. The Dems simply wanted to use it to gain points before the Election.

Nothing but a game.

Charles_Main, rdean, et al,

I had to chuckle at this.

Go ahead, call this US Senator a LIAR

Oh my I would never dream of that. US senators Never Ever Lie. :eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand:
(OPINION)

Ethics in Congress is an oxymoron.

It is my opinion that a Beltway Politician (Republican or Democrat) has the honesty, moral character, and integrity of only two steps below that of a used car salesman. They are not interested in what is good for the country. They are utilitarian, they will tell you anything --- but once they are in office, their only concern is for themselves, how much it benefits them, and the next election.

Jeffery Pelt: Hunt for the Red October said:
Listen, I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops. But it also means I keep my options open.

If they open their mouths, any truth that comes out is totally by mistake.l They have been telling half truth and lies for so long they have forgotten what truth is.

While it is illegal to lie to the FBI, it is not illegal for a Member of Congress to lie to a constituent. As you can tell by the election outcomes so far, they are more concerned about their respective party than they are about getting the People the best leadership possible. Not one single member is holding a position to rebuild America; but they will send a trillion dollars to Iran or Afghanistan to rebuild theirs.

No, this tickles me. But anyone who thinks a Congressman or Senator is working in thier best interest is only fooling themself.

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back