Senate Judiciary Committee contacts Ford’s friend about party; She has no recollection of incident

Former classmate of Kavanaugh accuser backtracks after claiming definitively sexual assault did happen

From the interview:
“That it happened or not, I have no idea,” she told NPR’s Nina Totenberg. “I can’t say that it did or didn’t.”

“In my [Facebook] post, I was empowered, and I was sure that it probably did. I had no idea that I would have to now go to the specifics and defend it before 50 cable channels and have my face spread all over [MSNBC] and Twitter.”

Empowered = I was talking out my ass.
That's not a retraction.
To go from saying that she KNEW it happened, to saying she DOESN'T KNOW if it happened is most certainly a retraction.

This is just typical right wing smear campaign bullshit.

When the Republicans blocked the vote on Merrick Garland they had the power to do so, and did not require a smear campaign. In this case, the Democrats don't have the power to block the vote and need to use a smear campaign to attempt to block the vote on a nominee, which by any measure would not make it right-wing.

The charade is falling apart... Her history is being dug up and the hearing is going to be a blood bath.. I fully expect her to not show up as more and more of her story is disproved..

Funnier still is the Dem lost 4 more points on the generic ballot.. It is now a dead heat...

“Her history is being dug up”. Isn’t this telling. The immediate reaction is to smear the victim.

Just a few weeks ago you asshats were prepared to canonize a white girl raped and murdered by a illegal, and calling for capital punishment on her assailant, but let a nice white boy mess with a girl and it’s drag her through the mud time.

And you wonder why women wait years and years to come forward.

The treatment of Dr. Ford, by the republican Committee and its chair has been despicable since day one.
She's a liar like all good libtards.

First off Ford claims Keyser was there at the party. Arms, claims she heard it around school, which contradicts Ford who claims she told no one of the incident until 2012 when she was in a therapy session, so according to Ford, Arm could not have heard about it.
Maybe she heard about it from Mark Judge? Or Kavenaugh bragging about the incident?

Oh yes, because that's what guys do after attacking a woman: brag about it to classmates.

I didn't say he didn't want to testify. I said he didn't want an FBI investigation. The only people who don't want FBI investigations are the guilty ones.

The only people who don't want an FBI investigation is the FBI. It is the agency that said they had no interest in the claim.

That's just right wing bullshit. She told people and Grassly refuses to hear from them.

That's not what was reported:

In the interview, Ford says she never revealed what had happened to her until 2012, when she and her husband sought couples therapy.

Portions of her therapist's notes, which Ford provided to the Post, do not mention Kavanaugh by name but say Ford reported being attacked by students "from an elitist boys' school" who went on to become "highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington."

PCH Frontpage > Article

The fact that she heard about it, lays claim that the incident is true. And this is not a trial, it is a job interview.

Oh please, like you remember rumors from 35 years ago by other kids? This woman was lying. She didn't hear anything.

First off Ford claims Keyser was there at the party. Arms, claims she heard it around school, which contradicts Ford who claims she told no one of the incident until 2012 when she was in a therapy session, so according to Ford, Arm could not have heard about it.
Maybe she heard about it from Mark Judge? Or Kavenaugh bragging about the incident?

They didn’t attend her school. She is a hearsay witness that thought she heard someone else say. And if she did overhear the story, why hasn’t anyone else stepped forward?

Christina King did not retract her statement...

Christine Blasey Ford was a year or so behind me, I did not know her personally but I remember her. This incident did happen. Many of us heard a buzz about it indirectly with few specific details. However Christine’s vivid recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true.
...she just deleted the Twitter post after receiving death threats from the bullshit right. That's not a retraction.

Wrong, dumbass:

Classmate of Kavanaugh Accuser Retracts Claim She Knew About Sexual Assault in High School: 'I Have No Idea'

When the Republicans blocked the vote on Merrick Garland they had the power to do so, and did not require a smear campaign. In this case, the Democrats don't have the power to block the vote and need to use a smear campaign to attempt to block the vote on a nominee, which by any measure would not make it right-wing.
I'm talking about their smear campaign against Ford.

The only people who don't want an FBI investigation is the FBI. It is the agency that said they had no interest in the claim.
Bullshit. The FBI does this all the time. They did it for Anita Hill. Why not now?

That's not what was reported:

In the interview, Ford says she never revealed what had happened to her until 2012, when she and her husband sought couples therapy.

Portions of her therapist's notes, which Ford provided to the Post, do not mention Kavanaugh by name but say Ford reported being attacked by students "from an elitist boys' school" who went on to become "highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington."

PCH Frontpage > Article
Maybe Brett and Mark were talking about it?

Oh please, like you remember rumors from 35 years ago by other kids? This woman was lying. She didn't hear anything.
Typical right wing bullshit. Making a decision on zero evidence.

it appears that even the female witness Christine named is saying she's a liar. Why is Grassley stalling on calling a vote? This kookoo-bird is obviously lying.

Committee contacts Ford’s friend about party; ‘she has no recollection’ of it, lawyer says

As the Senate Judiciary Committee staff negotiates with attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of a past sexual assault, over a potential hearing on Thursday, Republican staffers are working to interview those who may have information about the alleged incident.

CNN has learned that the committee has reached out to a longtime friend of Ford named Leland Ingham Keyser.

On Saturday night, her lawyer, Howard Walsh, released a statement to CNN and the Senate Judiciary Committee..

“Simply put,” Walsh said, “Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford.”

The lawyer acknowledged to CNN that Keyser is a lifelong friend of Ford’s.
Well, another person who went to that school around the time of the incident, says it did happen!

'This Incident Did Happen': Schoolmate of Kavanaugh Accuser Says She Recalls Hearing of Attempted Rape
"This incident did happen. Many of us heard a buzz about it indirectly with few specific details," Cristina Miranda King—who says Ford was "a year or so behind her"—claimed in Facebook post that she deleted after being overwhelmed with media inquiries. "

This woman also stated...

"I graduated from Holton Arms, and knew both Brett Kavanaugh and Mark Judge. Christine Blasey Ford was a year or so behind me, I remember her. I signed this letter. The incident was spoken about for days afterwords in school. Kavanaugh should stop lying, own up to it and apologize."
I also find it interesting that Mark Judge says he wasn't in the room, but doesn't want to testify or talk about the incident.
It happened over the summer. Ford claimed she was wearing a swimsuit under her clothes. No one at school was talking about it. There was no school.

it appears that even the female witness Christine named is saying she's a liar. Why is Grassley stalling on calling a vote? This kookoo-bird is obviously lying.

Committee contacts Ford’s friend about party; ‘she has no recollection’ of it, lawyer says

As the Senate Judiciary Committee staff negotiates with attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of a past sexual assault, over a potential hearing on Thursday, Republican staffers are working to interview those who may have information about the alleged incident.

CNN has learned that the committee has reached out to a longtime friend of Ford named Leland Ingham Keyser.

On Saturday night, her lawyer, Howard Walsh, released a statement to CNN and the Senate Judiciary Committee..

“Simply put,” Walsh said, “Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford.”

Well, another person who went to that school around the time of the incident, says it did happen!

'This Incident Did Happen': Schoolmate of Kavanaugh Accuser Says She Recalls Hearing of Attempted Rape
"This incident did happen. Many of us heard a buzz about it indirectly with few specific details," Cristina Miranda King—who says Ford was "a year or so behind her"—claimed in Facebook post that she deleted after being overwhelmed with media inquiries. "

This woman also stated...

"I graduated from Holton Arms, and knew both Brett Kavanaugh and Mark Judge. Christine Blasey Ford was a year or so behind me, I remember her. I signed this letter. The incident was spoken about for days afterwords in school. Kavanaugh should stop lying, own up to it and apologize."
I also find it interesting that Mark Judge says he wasn't in the room, but doesn't want to testify or talk about the incident.
It happened over the summer. Ford claimed she was wearing a swimsuit under her clothes. No one at school was talking about it. There was no school.
Another good point.

I'm talking about their smear campaign against Ford.
You mean the facts?

The thing is that this is a made up event, and Ms. Ford failed to tell everyone she knew 36 years ago.

It is definitely easier to find the people you went to high school and college nowadays, that it was before the internet. But it still takes work to get everyone onboard and the Democrats failed to do it.

This entire episode shows the indecency of the leftist party. Merrick Garland's life and career wasn't destroyed, the Republicans had the decency not to do it. Of course, the day will come when the Democrats are back in power and they shouldn't be surprised if the same kind of made up shit comes there way.

Forum List

Back