Senate Democrats Refuse To Acknowledge Sexual Assault Accusations Against Joe Biden

If this isn't proof of what a farce the Kavanaugh hearings were, I don't know what is. Every single Democratic Senator except for one voted against his confirmation based almost entirely on the accusation of Christine Blasey-Ford. Most of these Senators were also very outspoken on their steadfast belief that Blasey-Ford was telling the truth. This was despite there not being a single shred of evidence against Kavanaugh other than Blasey-Ford's own claim. There was no legal evidence or corroborating witnesses who could so much as even recall her talking about this back when she claimed the incident took place. Unlike Blasey-Ford, there is at least a minute amount of circumstantial evidence that Reade could be telling the truth. There was the phone call made to CNN allegedly from her mother back in 1993 and a friend has come forward recalling her talking about the incident around the time it allegedly occurred. Despite this, not a single Democratic Senator will say a word.

Again, if that doesn't tell you how full of shit these people were about the Me Too movement, what does? The Senate Democrats have made it quite clear that they don't give a damn about women and they don't give a damn about sexual assault. What they care about is exploiting vulnerable women to their political advantage. In the case of Blasey-Ford, that was sabotaging a pick for the United States Supreme Court, which they ultimately failed to do.

I don't know if Joe Biden is guilty of this or not. I'm giving him the same benefit of the doubt that I gave Brett Kavanaugh. Take the accusation seriously and look into it. If it appears to be true then America deserves to know. Same if it isn't and if nothing can be concluded one way or the other, let Americans make up their own minds. Don't condemn him based on partisan politics. Conversely, don't exonerate him for the same reason. As we were told repeatedly during the Kavanaugh calamity, we are to believe all women, but apparently that standard doesn't apply when the accused is the presumptive presidential nominee for the Democratic Party who could take down Donald Trump.

This is in no way an endorsement of the Republican Party. They have plenty of their own failures on their hands. I am not a registered voter with the party nor did I vote for Trump in 2016. I'm simply pointing out the truth of what is taking place here. The Senate Democrats, along with their helpers in the media who are working with them hand to hand to try and make this go away, are not applying their own standard to themselves, even the female Senators. Not one of the Democratic women in the Senate will comment and that's really quite striking considering almost all of them were present for the Kavanaugh vote and all of them voted against him. Ask yourself what it is you think you're voting for and take a look at what you are actually voting for because it may not be the same thing.

Has she filed a police report yet, or are we still talking about a FaceBook post. Get back to me when she files a police report and signs up for a full investigation.

Did Ford file a police report? that did matter last year, but now you think it matters?

Reade, like Ford waited to long and the evidence is next to nothing for either of them. Biden doesn't need to be investigated as Kavanaugh didn't need to be investigated.

The Democratic Senators are hypocritical in their stance. Of course you will defend the Senators because that is what lemmings do.

Ford didn’t make her allegations public either. That would be the Democrats. After they had contacted her witnesses. None of whom were allowed to testify.

Tara Reid posted on FaceBook. She didn’t swear an affidavit. She hasn’t sought an investigation. That was her mother. Take her word for it.

The neighbour said Reid told her Biden “harassed” her. Not that he attacked her.

This is in no way an endorsement of the Republican Party. They have plenty of their own failures on their hands. I am not a registered voter with the party nor did I vote for Trump in 2016.
How is this relevant to the topic?

I am seriously curious. I've asked twice and you keep deleting it.

Let's go for strike three. Maybe this time you can man up and answer me? I won't be holding my breath.

And here comes the train of double standards pulling into the station. One was "sabotaging", the other is to be believed without question. A political figure gets away with behavior that would land you or I in jail. Stop me if you've heard this before (oh yeah, dude in the White House). Biden will have to answer the allegations one way or another. But I do love the hand wringing and righteous indignation. Yep, it's an election year.

Where are the charges? Can't defend if no case is made... Where is there a lawsuit like in Trump's case...

If the senate want to call her up, go on ahead... Let her swear to it on oath first...

I was more trying to point out the indignation on the right hand side of the aisle. That's all. If a credible allegation is made, it will be investigated. I was just trying to point out (guess not all that well) that the right didn't afford Blasey-Ford the same courtesy.

If this isn't proof of what a farce the Kavanaugh hearings were, I don't know what is. Every single Democratic Senator except for one voted against his confirmation based almost entirely on the accusation of Christine Blasey-Ford. Most of these Senators were also very outspoken on their steadfast belief that Blasey-Ford was telling the truth. This was despite there not being a single shred of evidence against Kavanaugh other than Blasey-Ford's own claim. There was no legal evidence or corroborating witnesses who could so much as even recall her talking about this back when she claimed the incident took place. Unlike Blasey-Ford, there is at least a minute amount of circumstantial evidence that Reade could be telling the truth. There was the phone call made to CNN allegedly from her mother back in 1993 and a friend has come forward recalling her talking about the incident around the time it allegedly occurred. Despite this, not a single Democratic Senator will say a word.

Again, if that doesn't tell you how full of shit these people were about the Me Too movement, what does? The Senate Democrats have made it quite clear that they don't give a damn about women and they don't give a damn about sexual assault. What they care about is exploiting vulnerable women to their political advantage. In the case of Blasey-Ford, that was sabotaging a pick for the United States Supreme Court, which they ultimately failed to do.

I don't know if Joe Biden is guilty of this or not. I'm giving him the same benefit of the doubt that I gave Brett Kavanaugh. Take the accusation seriously and look into it. If it appears to be true then America deserves to know. Same if it isn't and if nothing can be concluded one way or the other, let Americans make up their own minds. Don't condemn him based on partisan politics. Conversely, don't exonerate him for the same reason. As we were told repeatedly during the Kavanaugh calamity, we are to believe all women, but apparently that standard doesn't apply when the accused is the presumptive presidential nominee for the Democratic Party who could take down Donald Trump.

This is in no way an endorsement of the Republican Party. They have plenty of their own failures on their hands. I am not a registered voter with the party nor did I vote for Trump in 2016. I'm simply pointing out the truth of what is taking place here. The Senate Democrats, along with their helpers in the media who are working with them hand to hand to try and make this go away, are not applying their own standard to themselves, even the female Senators. Not one of the Democratic women in the Senate will comment and that's really quite striking considering almost all of them were present for the Kavanaugh vote and all of them voted against him. Ask yourself what it is you think you're voting for and take a look at what you are actually voting for because it may not be the same thing.

Has she filed a police report yet, or are we still talking about a FaceBook post. Get back to me when she files a police report and signs up for a full investigation.

She filed a report in DC and didn't name Biden, and the statute of limitations means the police will place the report in the nearest round file. They can't do a damned thing with it!

And here comes the train of double standards pulling into the station. One was "sabotaging", the other is to be believed without question. A political figure gets away with behavior that would land you or I in jail. Stop me if you've heard this before (oh yeah, dude in the White House). Biden will have to answer the allegations one way or another. But I do love the hand wringing and righteous indignation. Yep, it's an election year.

Where are the charges? Can't defend if no case is made... Where is there a lawsuit like in Trump's case...

If the senate want to call her up, go on ahead... Let her swear to it on oath first...

I was more trying to point out the indignation on the right hand side of the aisle. That's all. If a credible allegation is made, it will be investigated. I was just trying to point out (guess not all that well) that the right didn't afford Blasey-Ford the same courtesy.

No Problem....

I think we are on the same page...

Blassy-Ford testified in front of the Senate. That was under oath...

This is a right wing circus until an allegation is made under oath...

Did Ford file a police report? that did matter last year, but now you think it matters?

Reade, like Ford waited to long and the evidence is next to nothing for either of them. Biden doesn't need to be investigated as Kavanaugh didn't need to be investigated.

The Democratic Senators are hypocritical in their stance. Of course you will defend the Senators because that is what lemmings do.

Ford didn’t make her allegations public either. That would be the Democrats. After they had contacted her witnesses. None of whom were allowed to testify.

Tara Reid posted on FaceBook. She didn’t swear an affidavit. She hasn’t sought an investigation. That was her mother. Take her word for it.

The neighbour said Reid told her Biden “harassed” her. Not that he attacked her.

Ford didn’t know when, where, didn’t know what year, all her witnesses didn’t remember any of it and have no recollection. You want them to testify to something they don’t remember?She wait over 30 years. She is no more credible than Biden’s accuser. Nice try.

Now the GOP is interested in women's claims? I think not.

We can talk about Biden after Trump is held accountable.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW

The op already shielded himself from your asinine position.

So let's cut to the chase. PRETEND those evil Republicans don't exist.

If FORCIBLE sexual assault by Joe Biden acceptable?

Yes or no

The hypocrisy and double standard is so off the charts I'm not sure what to say. I guess when the Dem leaning news media is 100% in the tank for you Dem flip flops like this are nothing to worry about.
Tara needs to make a surprise appearance when Trump is either at a rally or speaking to us 200 million people and tell her story

Yes or no
Two things:
  1. There hasn't been a sworn allegation against Biden
  2. GOP set up the rules in the Kavanaugh Senate, no need to investigate, why do Democrats have to play by different rules?
We don't like the rules but GOP set them...

i think its funny that a pretty good percent of us think its the hot white actress Tara Reid who had that infamous ( , ) slip on live TV

You said that. Not me

The Senate Judiciary Committee holds hearings on judicial nominations. You could look it up. Presidential nominations? Not so much.

The Senate Judiciary Committee holds hearings on judicial nominations. You could look it up. Presidential nominations? Not so much.

That’s the excuse you’re going with?

if Trump ever said to some hot woman that she is the same height as his wife, Maxine and Al Green would be calling for impeachment

Yes or no
Two things:
  1. There hasn't been a sworn allegation against Biden
  2. GOP set up the rules in the Kavanaugh Senate, no need to investigate, why do Democrats have to play by different rules?
We don't like the rules but GOP set them...
Is FORCIBLE sexual assault acceptable or not ya jackass....

Live by the same standards you condemn the right by.

Personally idgaf. If it was real she should have pressed charges 30 years ago. But you see, I had the same opinion of the Kavanaugh bitch.

Show some moral fiber and stand by y'alls own fucking positions for once.

Which is why this along with evidence from
the recent admission it was all about abortion (admitted by both Ford's Lawyer and then Ford), is enough to file abuse of power charges that can impeach and indite most of the Senators involved, and that alone will get a few talking about how they were forced to push on Kavanaugh and the narrative for political posteuring and abortion rights. IT'S UP TO LINDSEY I BELIEVE to bring up a hearing or file with the Justice Dept or Senate oversight.

If it's up to Lindsey then we can be assured nothing will come of this.

Forum List

Back