Self-ordering at local McDonalds...

Saw a self-ordering, touch screen, swipe pay, cashierless kiosk for the first time at a local McDonalds today.

Downtown Springfield Missouri, corner of Battlefield and Glenstone, across from Bass Pro.

Hate to say I told ya so...but...I did.

Why are there still jobs taking fast food orders? | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

yes, so lets raise the minimum wage to encourage them to convert even faster to touch screen ordering!! What a great liberal idea!!!

All that will do is give workers 10 hours a week

Saw a self-ordering, touch screen, swipe pay, cashierless kiosk for the first time at a local McDonalds today.

Downtown Springfield Missouri, corner of Battlefield and Glenstone, across from Bass Pro.

Why are there still jobs taking fast food orders? | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

yes, so lets raise the minimum wage to encourage them to convert even faster to touch screen ordering!! What a great liberal idea!!!

I agree 10 hours a week then liberals will raise wages further and it will be 5 hours a week!!

I agree 10 hours a week then liberals will raise wages further and it will be 5 hours a week!!

with a few layoffs

with a few layoffs

yep unions kept raising wages, then 30 million of our jobs went to China and liberals still seem to love unions and want to bring them back. How stupid is that?

McDonald's Monopoly: Industry Isthmus

McDonald's has offered us multiple pioneering innovations in the consumer market.

Was it HP or Apple that introduced the user-friendliness of touch-screen interfacing?

I was a big fan of the 1980s-1990s McDonald's Monopoly lottery game. I had Park Place but never got Boardwalk to create the ultimate tandem prize.

Monopoly (Parker Brothers) is the ultimate capitalism real estate fantasy experience, and you can download an app for the game for your iPhone now.

This McDonald's self-ordering investment comes in our time of the successes of Netgrocer, so that's no coincidence.

I'm of the mind that McDonald's should keep re-emerging as the fast food emperor, ahead of Burger King and Wendy's and KFC (and anything else) again and again for two unbeatable reasons:

1. golden french fries
2. best chicken nuggets

:afro:

Monopoly (Parker Brothers)

View attachment 51014

While I cannot argue that McDonald's does not have the best fries of ANY fast food chain..they absolutely 100 percent do....is it really fair to include "chicken" mcnuggets, when everybody knows they aren't real chicken..but are delicious anyway? How can real chicken compare?

McDonalds had the best fries back when they still fried them in beef tallow.

What exactly is in McDonald’s french fries?

McDonald's has offered us multiple pioneering innovations in the consumer market.

Was it HP or Apple that introduced the user-friendliness of touch-screen interfacing?

I was a big fan of the 1980s-1990s McDonald's Monopoly lottery game. I had Park Place but never got Boardwalk to create the ultimate tandem prize.

Monopoly (Parker Brothers) is the ultimate capitalism real estate fantasy experience, and you can download an app for the game for your iPhone now.

This McDonald's self-ordering investment comes in our time of the successes of Netgrocer, so that's no coincidence.

I'm of the mind that McDonald's should keep re-emerging as the fast food emperor, ahead of Burger King and Wendy's and KFC (and anything else) again and again for two unbeatable reasons:

1. golden french fries
2. best chicken nuggets

View attachment 51014

While I cannot argue that McDonald's does not have the best fries of ANY fast food chain..they absolutely 100 percent do....is it really fair to include "chicken" mcnuggets, when everybody knows they aren't real chicken..but are delicious anyway? How can real chicken compare?

You want to visit Nirvana, make pie crust using lard. It doesn't even need filling to be yummy.

1. golden french fries
2. best chicken nuggets

View attachment 51014

You want to visit Nirvana, make pie crust using lard. It doesn't even need filling to be yummy.

yep raise wages and self ordering and fewer jobs happen sooner. THe liberal IQ in action!

How sad. I never eat there, but how many more jobs lost because someone wants to get rich.

Well, maybe that's one way to stay in business, while paying those guys $15 a hour.

Ge rid of the counter person, to pay for the $15/hour cook

How sad. I never eat there, but how many more jobs lost because someone wants to get rich.

100% pure stupid and liberal. If Ray Kroc had not wanted wanted to get rich he would not have started McDonald's and given jobs to millions and million of people!!

100% pure stupid and liberal. If Ray Kroc had not wanted wanted to get rich he would not have started McDonald's and given jobs to millions and million of people!!

I don't know who he is, but Ray really couldn't of had a business without good workers, could he? Shows the loyalty of the rich, he just slapped them in the face like they were shit on a stick.

I don't know who he is, but Ray really couldn't of had a business without good workers, could he? Shows the loyalty of the rich, he just slapped them in the face like they were shit on a stick.

dear the desire to get rich created most of the jobs in the world. So you must thank God that we have a system wherein one is allowed to dream of getting rich. Those who succeed at getting rich are the heros.

Do you have the IQ to understand?

I was able to 'self-order' when I visited a Max's in Sweden so this isn't exactly new technology, but it does show how far behind McDonalds is.

This is the wave of the future. Adapt or be left behind...it's not rocket science.

If the only job you qualify for is McDonalds....well you have nobody to blame for that other than yourself. It's your fault for not getting an education or learning valuable skills for your future.

dear, to get good workers you have to pay them the most possible. That is the beauty of capitalism.

dear, to get good workers you have to pay them the most possible. That is the beauty of capitalism.

You say a lot of stupid things but that one is by far the stupidest.

Companies pay their workers as much as they have to and as little as they can.

Not as much as possible or do you lack the IQ to see the difference?

Companies pay their workers as much as they have to?
this is true and they have to pay them more than the competition or lose their best workers to the competition. Thus, they have to pay them the most possible.

Now do you understand?

this is true and they have to pay them more than the competition or lose their best workers to the competition. Thus, they have to pay them the most possible.

Now do you understand?

Hey, dum-dum:

1. Take a remedial English course so maybe you can learn what the words mean.

and

2. Stop altering my posts. You know damn well I did not say this:

Now do you understand?

Hey, dum-dum:

1. Take a remedial English course so maybe you can learn what the words mean.

and

2. Stop altering my posts. You know damn well I did not say this:

in short, under capitalism a business must pay the highest wage possible and produce the best product possible just to survive. If you doubt it start a business with a low wage and low quality product.

Isn't thinking fun??

Yes so he replaced them with a machine. Cost more at first, but they just need upkeep, no pregnancy leave, vacations, sick days, problems with their children, raises, being late for work, etc.
No health ins and no Workers Comp or Unemployment Ins. to pay. Long run, more money in his pocket and less headaches. Forget no Fica tax either.

Forum List

Back