Self-ordering at local McDonalds...

Looked just like this one:

McDonalds Kiosk.png

Do they get paid $15.00/hr.?

“Unfortunately, the real minimum wage is always zero, regardless of the laws, and that is the wage that many workers receive in the wake of the creation or escalation of a government-mandated minimum wage, because they lose their jobs or fail to find jobs when they enter the labor force. Making it illegal to pay less than a given amount does not make a worker’s productivity worth that amount—and, if it is not, that worker is unlikely to be employed.”

Looked just like this one:

View attachment 50982
You eat that stuff :eek-52:

A Big Breakfast with hotcakes every Sunday morning. We were trying out a new Church this morning...new Church, new McDonalds. :D
my bro... ate that sh.. for twenty years every day, breakfast, lunch and dinner. He has absolutely no health, he had a heart attack at 30, his heart valves were supplemented with shunts three or four times before he hit 42. Morphine drips and a wheel chair has kept him mobile between life flights to the hospital. He claims he did not lose his health until he quit eating at McD's.

Oh great, another thread acting like automation would never come if workers simply never tried to make more.
Oh, by the way, you'd be surprised how these work, at restaurants like mcdonalds, you normally have ONE person taking orders at the front counter, they're basically taking away one employee from shift, oh, the horror! Also, people are likely to ring up there own orders wrong and it will just take more time, given most people will not even know how to properly use the damn interface. Let's assume someone wants a mcchicken add ranch no mayo sub seeded bun.. I don't think they'll be able to ring that up right, and then they'll get bitchy when the cooks make it wrong, even though they're simply following what the customer put in.

Oh great, another thread acting like automation would never come if workers simply never tried to make more.
Oh, by the way, you'd be surprised how these work, at restaurants like mcdonalds, you normally have ONE person taking orders at the front counter, they're basically taking away one employee from shift, oh, the horror! Also, people are likely to ring up there own orders wrong and it will just take more time, given most people will not even know how to properly use the damn interface. Let's assume someone wants a mcchicken add ranch no mayo sub seeded bun.. I don't think they'll be able to ring that up right, and then they'll get bitchy when the cooks make it wrong, even though they're simply following what the customer put in.
You must've gotten fired from your job at McDonald's. Well that's something to put on your resume, if you ever try to work again.

this is clearly a case pf projection.

you're overwhelmed by the pretty pictures

and yea, it's cheaper to move onto automation than pay the ridiculous $15/hr to give me fries with that

McDonald's Monopoly: Industry Isthmus

McDonald's has offered us multiple pioneering innovations in the consumer market.

Was it HP or Apple that introduced the user-friendliness of touch-screen interfacing?

I was a big fan of the 1980s-1990s McDonald's Monopoly lottery game. I had Park Place but never got Boardwalk to create the ultimate tandem prize.

Monopoly (Parker Brothers) is the ultimate capitalism real estate fantasy experience, and you can download an app for the game for your iPhone now.

This McDonald's self-ordering investment comes in our time of the successes of Netgrocer, so that's no coincidence.

I'm of the mind that McDonald's should keep re-emerging as the fast food emperor, ahead of Burger King and Wendy's and KFC (and anything else) again and again for two unbeatable reasons:

1. golden french fries
2. best chicken nuggets

:afro:

Monopoly (Parker Brothers)

surfer.jpg

That still doesn't stop some high school kid from fucking the food up. Went to McDonalds for the first time in years last week. They forgot to remove the plastic divider from the cheese before cooking my sandwich. Got a mouthful of melted plastic. No more Hot Mustard. Wtf is that about? Think I'll stick to 5 Guys for burgers and fries.

this is clearly a case pf projection.

you're overwhelmed by the pretty pictures

and yea, it's cheaper to move onto automation than pay the ridiculous $15/hr to give me fries with that

They never understand that labor adds value to a product or service, and if the cost of the labor exceeds the value added, said product or service cannot be provided unless 1) prices go up or 2) something is done to get the value back, or replaced with something that provides proper value for the cost.

McDonald's has offered us multiple pioneering innovations in the consumer market.

Was it HP or Apple that introduced the user-friendliness of touch-screen interfacing?

I was a big fan of the 1980s-1990s McDonald's Monopoly lottery game. I had Park Place but never got Boardwalk to create the ultimate tandem prize.

Monopoly (Parker Brothers) is the ultimate capitalism real estate fantasy experience, and you can download an app for the game for your iPhone now.

This McDonald's self-ordering investment comes in our time of the successes of Netgrocer, so that's no coincidence.

I'm of the mind that McDonald's should keep re-emerging as the fast food emperor, ahead of Burger King and Wendy's and KFC (and anything else) again and again for two unbeatable reasons:

1. golden french fries
2. best chicken nuggets

View attachment 51014

While I cannot argue that McDonald's does not have the best fries of ANY fast food chain..they absolutely 100 percent do....is it really fair to include "chicken" mcnuggets, when everybody knows they aren't real chicken..but are delicious anyway? How can real chicken compare?

Mcdonald's does have very good breakfast but they just stop serving that sh*T so early

1. golden french fries
2. best chicken nuggets

View attachment 51014

While I cannot argue that McDonald's does not have the best fries of ANY fast food chain..they absolutely 100 percent do....is it really fair to include "chicken" mcnuggets, when everybody knows they aren't real chicken..but are delicious anyway? How can real chicken compare?

I will take Chic-fila waffle fries over Mcdonald's fries

Saw a self-ordering, touch screen, swipe pay, cashierless kiosk for the first time at a local McDonalds today.

Downtown Springfield Missouri, corner of Battlefield and Glenstone, across from Bass Pro.

Hate to say I told ya so...but...I did.

Why are there still jobs taking fast food orders? | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

yes, so lets raise the minimum wage to encourage them to convert even faster to touch screen ordering!! What a great liberal idea!!!

Forum List

Back