Seizing Trump’s New York properties will not be easy for Letitia James

Seizing Trump's properties will be a nightmare. Lenders, creditors, partners, interlocking llcs and corporations, trusts and titling issues will prevent any quick seizure of real property. If Donald has any funds or real property in his own name may be subject to seizure, but those accounts and properties need to be discovered.

Seizing property might be an old tradition in merry olde England and Fascism might be part of European history but the U.S. Constitution gets in the way here in the Colonies. At least I hope it still does.
So how do American creditors get their money back dopey ?

Seizing Trump's properties will be a nightmare. Lenders, creditors, partners, interlocking llcs and corporations, trusts and titling issues will prevent any quick seizure of real property. If Donald has any funds or real property in his own name may be subject to seizure, but those accounts and properties need to be discovered.

Remember the judgement wasn’t just against him as an individual, but also the Trump Organization as a business entity.

WW

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
Remember the judgement wasn’t just against him as an individual, but also the Trump Organization as a business entity.

WW
Excellent Point! So, I went to the source, i.e. the judgement itself, and these were the defendants:

DONALD J. TRUMP, DONALD TRUMP JR., ERIC TRUMP,
ALLEN WEISSELBERG, JEFFREY MCCONNEY, THE
DONALD J. TRUMP REVOCABLE TRUST, THE TRUMP
ORGANIZATION, INC., TRUMP ORGANIZATION LLC, DJT
HOLDINGS LLC, DJT HOLDINGS MANAGING MEMBER,
TRUMP ENDEAVOR 12 LLC, 401 NORTH WABASH
VENTURE LLC, TRUMP OLD POST OFFICE LLC, 40 WALL
STREET LLC, SEVEN SPRINGS LLC,

Subject to the limitations and liabilities imposed by the judgment, any properties or assets in the above-named defendants may be seized by the NY AG..

Excellent Point! So, I went to the source, i.e. the judgement itself, and these were the defendants:

DONALD J. TRUMP, DONALD TRUMP JR., ERIC TRUMP,
ALLEN WEISSELBERG, JEFFREY MCCONNEY, THE
DONALD J. TRUMP REVOCABLE TRUST, THE TRUMP
ORGANIZATION, INC., TRUMP ORGANIZATION LLC, DJT
HOLDINGS LLC, DJT HOLDINGS MANAGING MEMBER,
TRUMP ENDEAVOR 12 LLC, 401 NORTH WABASH
VENTURE LLC, TRUMP OLD POST OFFICE LLC, 40 WALL
STREET LLC, SEVEN SPRINGS LLC,

Subject to the limitations and liabilities imposed by the judgment, any properties or assets in the above-named defendants may be seized by the NY AG..
Sure, go with that one.

Hadn’t anyone considered that Trump may have his holdings tied up in various LLCs? It most likely will not be so easy for her to seize anything.

The amount of the outstanding mortgage is the bank's but in this case the bank can't force a sale immediately to recover it's money.

What the fk is everybody arguing about? This shit isn't rocket science!

It's mostly abour corrupt American courts finding in favour of Trump.
So, any court that rule in favor of Trump is corrupt and I guess by your standards any court that rules against Trump is not corrupt. Whatever happened to rule of law? I would guess you would be in favor of going to the Napoleonic Codes where defendants have to prove their innocence and are presumed guilty as soon as charges are preferred against them.

So, any court that rule in favor of Trump is corrupt and I guess by your standards any court that rules against Trump is not corrupt. Whatever happened to rule of law? I would guess you would be in favor of going to the Napoleonic Codes where defendants have to prove their innocence and are presumed guilty as soon as charges are preferred against them.
The duck figures if a person is charged they must be guilty. You know, like his heeeeero, Turdeau.

Hadn’t anyone considered that Trump may have his holdings tied up in various LLCs? It most likely will not be so easy for her to seize anything.

Yes.

The New York State Attorney General.

That’s why the case was brought against FPOTUS#45 individually, the Trump Trust, The Trump Organization, and in a minor role Eric and Donald Jr. all of them are part of the judgement.

The LLCs all fall under THE Trump Organization so the are included in the judgement.

WW

This seems hard work. Obviously cash would be better than property.

But I wonder if Ms James might take any property income from these places. It would likely cover the interest that trump is building up every day. But trump probably needs that income to pay off the mortgage, That might be a problem

It would also leave the portfolio intact pending any appeal.

Liquidating the property might be beneficial if trump actually owns the property rather than it being mortgaged to the hilt. In that case the lender has first dibs on the payout.

Trump 1 must be worth something but again it is likely to be held on a lease.

I do wonder if it might just be easier to lock him up in debtors prison until he can clear the tab.

Meh. Why go half Fascist? Go seize it like Hitler, Mao or Stalin did

Irrelevant. There is no public interest in stealing hotels and golf course, you commie bitch.
Trump's business model was based on fraud, asscrack.

James should confiscate his gold clubs & carts to really burn his ass.

You're gonna be a whole new level of whiny bitch come November, useful idiot. :itsok:

Everything you on the left try to do to Trump with your lawfare cases only seems to make him stronger, Clipper! The average American doesn't like Government seizing people's property. They see this for what it is...the kind of political strong arming that you would normally never see in the US.

I hope people in New York know what they've unleashed upon themselves with this patently unfair trial. Kevin O'Leary isn't alone when he says that New York is now a "Loser" State and that he would never invest any of his money there. Why would you risk capital in a place where there is no rule of law to protect individuals against Government?

Forum List

Back