Sebelius: Insurers Will Be Punished For Telling The Truth

Projections only become less reliable over time. If we are already 33% over six months into this, things are going to get ugly in a big hurry. Abort this unsustainable abomination now.

Speculative. Offer the hard numbers and the evidence for the conclusion. You can't. They are estimates, and we have no idea if they are true,

jake please don't make me post the same post agaiin....check one of my lasts 3-4 posts please.

Look, you sound reasonable, so do you really really all of a sudden every gov. financial forecast and every efficiency they say they are going to enact will actually happen , bear fruit and save money? And the forecast for growth is already skewed....this isn't a maybe, it is what it is.

Its like drawing to an inside straight flush...its possible but when was the last time it happened? The gov. runs nothing efficiently under anyone's direction, republican Democrat whig torrie....

its worse than that, 30% were rejected for poor eyes sight due to nutrition issues, ( when we needed the manpower , we took some of them anyway in late 44). ie. they didn't eat right or enough...BUT dude, that was a depression, hello?

But, dude, depressions and recessions lead to horrible health care. And, please, don't offer speculation that it is all going to fall apart on . . . speculative analysis. What is true is this: we have to do something, and the GOP didn't do a damn thing except to empower health insurance companies to get rich by denying insurance to sick people.

You are right about the sickness of the political process. The parties both are not representing the interest of everyday Americans, and sooner or later a reckoning will come if they don't clean up their act.

I'd like to reiterate that while I don't particularly like the way the bill finally got installed, I agree that SOMETHING had to be done to move the general issue of increasingly poor health of Americans into the fore. The bill can always be tweaked and/or reformed, and I'm positive that it will to make it more satisfactory to those who think it's almost sacriligious for the US government to actually pay for something that might benefit people other than themselves. (Like this is something new?)

It goes to the moral debate over the problem. Either the US is going to remain a superpower by also insuring its citizens remain as healthy as possible or we become weaker due to malnutrition and more vulnerable to disease and illness brought on by lack of affordable health care.

I haven't read through the entire thread. Is there anyone here that actually thinks the government should be allowed to tell insurance companies that they are not allowed to tell their customers that they are raising premiums in anticipation of escalating costs due to the reform bill? IIRC, that's what the OP was about.

I haven't read through the entire thread. Is there anyone here that actually thinks the government should be allowed to tell insurance companies that they are not allowed to tell their customers that they are raising premiums in anticipation of escalating costs due to the reform bill? IIRC, that's what the OP was about.

rdean

Indeed. He's so reliable that way.

Joke Starkey

Joke Starkey

drivenunder speaks! :lol:

Forum List

Back