Sebelius: Insurers Will Be Punished For Telling The Truth

Cons seem to ignore the fact that health care costs have sky-rocketed and will continue to.
They will go up less with the new health care plan, plus no one can be refused for pre-existing conditions.

The cons want to pay increasing premiums and costs under the old plan, which will dwarf the costs of the new one.

Doesn't make sense.

Cons seem to ignore the fact that health care costs have sky-rocketed and will continue to.
They will go up less with the new health care plan, plus no one can be refused for pre-existing conditions.

That would be wonderful. Unfortunately, in the real world, health care costs are going up more than they did last year without the plan, and projections have that trend continuing.

The speculations, QWB, are speculative on that, got it?

The trend of cost care costs under the old system is skyrocking, got that?

you're exactly right they have been rising and will continue tio rise BUT this bill is NOT the answer, we have now been put on the hook good bad or indifferent.

Its success is predicated on gov. efficiency, gov. mgt and bucket fulls of cost savings in a complicated arena with a myriad of players, and the gov. has NEVER exemplified a degree of success in this area, ever.

The bill, the whole focal point was supposed to address the cost curve instead now are treated to admission that they will have to fix it as they go...thats not what they said and now what how they framed it and sold it,everyone should be pissed off no matter how you are.

Every month brings a new; " whoops, oh we didn't realize that would happen" moment.....

But its 'historic' you see, Pelosi et al can put that on their mantle while the rest of us go to hell....they don't have to live with what they have wrought......thx, for nothing.

I think it's pretty despicable that this administration would go out of it's way like this to stifle free speech. I'm certainly no fan of insurance companies but they have rights too. If they anticipate that this bill is going to drive up their costs and they raise their premiums accordingly, I see no reason for them not to communicate this.

I think it's pretty despicable that this administration would go out of it's way like this to stifle free speech. I'm certainly no fan of insurance companies but they have rights too. If they anticipate that this bill is going to drive up their costs and they raise their premiums accordingly, I see no reason for them not to communicate this.

And furthermore, according to defenders of this bill, it doesn't restrict but rather promotes free market competition. If that's true, and these insurance companies are wrong about escalating costs, they would likely price themselves right out of business. Yet somehow I don't see that happening.

BINGO.

And that gets us to the the dirty little not so secret about ObamaCare. It's "cost control" is actually price control. With expanded coverage and mandated features, costs are going to go up. Browbeating the insurance companies won't change that fact.

Beodicca is not only slow intellectually, but she is boring as well.

She is not telling you that prices will go up more slowly under the new plan than the way it used to be.

So: do you want more cash in your pocket or not?

The same speculation the far right is using. The fact is this, johnrocks: we have to do something, and the GOP did absolutely nothing from 1994 to 2006.

Well, some ray of sunlight: John Boehner blinked on holding tax cut extension for the middle class hostage to the top 2%: he says, "of course, I will vote" for Obama's bill. That comment is going to give the Tea Party a victory in the Delaware on Tuesday and secure a House seat for the Democracy that should have gone GOP.

This is going to be a fun election.

The same speculation the far right is using. The fact is this, johnrocks: we have to do something, and the GOP did absolutely nothing from 1994 to 2006.

Well, some ray of sunlight: John Boehner blinked on holding tax cut extension for the middle class hostage to the top 2%: he says, "of course, I will vote" for Obama's bill. That comment is going to give the Tea Party a victory in the Delaware on Tuesday and secure a House seat for the Democracy that should have gone GOP.

I'm not part of either group bro; I'm a RINO in the "old right" variety ; I happen to think that both sides are full of crap and talking points.

What I "think" needs to be done won't happen so I'll sit back,grab the low hanging fruit and watch the situation get worse,imho.

She is not telling you that prices will go up more slowly under the new plan than the way it used to be.

nothing happens in a vacuum starkey.....anyone paying net taxes in this country will be paying in some way shape or form, for those 30 million plus....there is no free lunch be it the republican or democratic cafeteria.

I'm not part of either group bro; I'm a RINO in the "old right" variety ; I happen to think that both sides are full of crap and talking points.

What I "think" needs to be done won't happen so I'll sit back,grab the low hanging fruit and watch the situation get worse,imho.

yup, there's always that. ...they are all bozos..

nothing happens in a vacuum starkey.....anyone paying net taxes in this country will be paying in some way shape or form, for those 30 million plus....there is no free lunch be it the republican or democratic cafeteria.

Nor should there be, Trajan. We will pay one way or another. Right now the Obama plan will cost less in the long run than the way it is now. And good health care does have a general welfare purpose. More than one-half of the men drafted for WWII needed emergency dental care is a simple example.

I do believe that the political skels in both parties (and their hack skels here) are causing America untold misery. And for that there will be a price to pay one day.

Nor should there be, Trajan. We will pay one way or another. Right now the Obama plan will cost less in the long run than the way it is now.

jake please don't make me post the same post agaiin....check one of my lasts 3-4 posts please.

Look, you sound reasonable, so do you really really all of a sudden every gov. financial forecast and every efficiency they say they are going to enact will actually happen , bear fruit and save money? And the forecast for growth is already skewed....this isn't a maybe, it is what it is.

Its like drawing to an inside straight flush...its possible but when was the last time it happened? The gov. runs nothing efficiently under anyone's direction, republican Democrat whig torrie....

And good health care does have a general welfare purpose. More than one-half of the men drafted for WWII needed emergency dental care is a simple example.

its worse than that, 30% were rejected for poor eyes sight due to nutrition issues, ( when we needed the manpower , we took some of them anyway in late 44). ie. they didn't eat right or enough...BUT dude, that was a depression, hello?

Projections only become less reliable over time. If we are already 33% over six months into this, things are going to get ugly in a big hurry. Abort this unsustainable abomination now.

jake please don't make me post the same post agaiin....check one of my lasts 3-4 posts please.

Look, you sound reasonable, so do you really really all of a sudden every gov. financial forecast and every efficiency they say they are going to enact will actually happen , bear fruit and save money? And the forecast for growth is already skewed....this isn't a maybe, it is what it is.

Its like drawing to an inside straight flush...its possible but when was the last time it happened? The gov. runs nothing efficiently under anyone's direction, republican Democrat whig torrie....

And good health care does have a general welfare purpose. More than one-half of the men drafted for WWII needed emergency dental care is a simple example.

its worse than that, 30% were rejected for poor eyes sight due to nutrition issues, ( when we needed the manpower , we took some of them anyway in late 44). ie. they didn't eat right or enough...BUT dude, that was a depression, hello?

But, dude, depressions and recessions lead to horrible health care. And, please, don't offer speculation that it is all going to fall apart on . . . speculative analysis. What is true is this: we have to do something, and the GOP didn't do a damn thing except to empower health insurance companies to get rich by denying insurance to sick people.

You are right about the sickness of the political process. The parties both are not representing the interest of everyday Americans, and sooner or later a reckoning will come if they don't clean up their act.

Forum List

Back