Seat Belts On School Buses?

There are no seat belts on buses because its a safety issues. In the event of an accident or fire, children need to exit the bus as quickly as possible. The seats on school buses are high enough to protect them from most crashes.

A rash of accidents this month taking lives and crippling kids. Liberal run school districts say it would be to much of a pain in the ass to make kids wear belts. Did that work for you in your state? Liberals say it would take MAJOR legislation to enforce a seat belt law for school buses.
Did that work for you? Liberals say it would cost to much money to install belts on buses. Did that work for you?

Since about 1963 cars, trucks and motorhomes have been required to have seat belts. In most states you can get a ticket for not using them. So liberals fighting increasing the safety of children ends not only at PRE birth with abortion but POST birth with safety. Because of liberals our children are roughly half a century behind just everyday folks.

And the very reasons they are giving us FOR having to do it are just the opposite of the reasons they use for not doing it. I guess liberals only protect those who pay taxes or use benefits eh?

The party of family values.
Only if your values include killing children.

Fury

This isn't a liberal/conservative issue. This is an issue that I have been hearing about since I was in school and I'm now retired.

Schools are a states' issue and most states are conservative. Inner cities have democrats running schools, rural districts, where busing happens, have conservative school boards.

Conservatives fought seat belts in cars too. I can see it would be difficult to enforce the wearing of seat belts, unless the driver has an assistant to make sure kids are belted in.

I sure do want the driver to be more concerned with their driving than what the kids are doing so the assistant would be helpful there too, but what would the cost be?

A rash of accidents this month taking lives and crippling kids. Liberal run school districts say it would be to much of a pain in the ass to make kids wear belts. Did that work for you in your state? Liberals say it would take MAJOR legislation to enforce a seat belt law for school buses.
Did that work for you? Liberals say it would cost to much money to install belts on buses. Did that work for you?

Since about 1963 cars, trucks and motorhomes have been required to have seat belts. In most states you can get a ticket for not using them. So liberals fighting increasing the safety of children ends not only at PRE birth with abortion but POST birth with safety. Because of liberals our children are roughly half a century behind just everyday folks.

And the very reasons they are giving us FOR having to do it are just the opposite of the reasons they use for not doing it. I guess liberals only protect those who pay taxes or use benefits eh?

Fury

This isn't a liberal/conservative issue. This is an issue that I have been hearing about since I was in school and I'm now retired.

Schools are a states' issue and most states are conservative. Inner cities have democrats running schools, rural districts, where busing happens, have conservative school boards.

Conservatives fought seat belts in cars too. I can see it would be difficult to enforce the wearing of seat belts, unless the driver has an assistant to make sure kids are belted in.

I sure do want the driver to be more concerned with their driving than what the kids are doing so the assistant would be helpful there too, but what would the cost be?
Does the cost matter in saving the life of a child?

Fury

Does partisanship matter in saving the life of a child?

Remember- you made this thread an attack on liberals- based on the issue of school bus safety.

So far all you have done is pull crap out of your ass and call it gold- and ignored the fact that both Conservatives and Liberals have similar records on this issue.

You want a real discussion regarding school bus safety- then start a real thread on it- I am just curious if you can even do a thread without your usual partisan blaming crap.

Holy fucking jumping toads in a buckets!
An average of 6 children die on school buses each year.
800 children die in other means of getting to school. Walking, bikes, getting rides etc.

I would go even farther. Those "things" that come down on Amusement rides, clamp you into your seat with padded railings. Not so uncomfortable. One size fits all.

Bus would not move till all are down and locked in place. They can release when Bus is halted or after collision.

edit: have you seen the ways cars behave around big trucks and/or buses? Or who may be hired to drive these buses? Many times HS/JHS goes on bus trips to "away" games (bus on Interstate Highway). 100 miles?

Last edited:
NHTSA showed in studies (along with other organizations and agencies that seatbelts on buses do not perform as seatbelts in cars and can in fact be worse than the design of school buses

NHTSA showed in studies (along with other organizations and agencies that seatbelts on buses do not perform as seatbelts in cars and can in fact be worse than the design of school buses

How dare you try to bring logic and science into this thread!

(yes there is a real discussion that can be had on this subject- which was never the intent of this thread)

Fury

Does partisanship matter in saving the life of a child?

Remember- you made this thread an attack on liberals- based on the issue of school bus safety.

So far all you have done is pull crap out of your ass and call it gold- and ignored the fact that both Conservatives and Liberals have similar records on this issue.

You want a real discussion regarding school bus safety- then start a real thread on it- I am just curious if you can even do a thread without your usual partisan blaming crap.
Maybe our kids should ride donkeys to school like the Muslim kids do in the Middle East?

Donkeys are the devil. Probably end up with a bunch of kids with their eyes sucked out of their head and THEN where would we be

I hate the mandated seat belt laws. If I want to drive without it, I should be lawfully allowed to so.

However, since my state decided to pass a law that forces me to wear a seat belt I find it ludicrous that there aren't seat belts on school buses.

The Right applauds the gutting of the EPA .. Trump gave his pen to the CEO of Dow, which benefits greatly and donated $Millions.

Fury

Schoolbuses are designed to function best without seatbelts, moron. Why are conservatives so fucking stupid?

Fury

Schoolbuses are designed to function best without seatbelts, moron. Why are conservatives so fucking stupid?
Well fuck face they don't function to well when they roll over now do they?

Per year
6 dead kids on bus
800 dead kids using other ways to school
Seatbelts work differently on bus vs car
Seatbelts do damage of their own. Picture two dozen kids strapped to their seats in a turned over bus
Buses designed to protect without belts

Seat belts?

Better they mandate helmets.

Earplugs to shut out the filth kids spew these days would do more for the social health....

Shit, why not mandate everybody be forced to buy/wear everything? It works so well in Obamacare.....
I just find it rather strange the "family" party the all "inclusive" party goes out of its way to ignore the worth of children.

I just find it rather strange that you use a real issue to attack the Democratic Party.

Of course the only thing you have to support your attack is the crap you pull out of your ass.

Why your child's school bus has no seat belts

Ashley Brown, 16, and Alicia Bonura, 18, both of Beaumont, Texas, died March 29, 2006. They were on a bus carrying their West Brook High School soccer team when it overturned near Devers, Texas, on its way to a playoff game in Humble.

On Sept. 1, more than four years after the West Brook bus crash, a Texas law went into effect requiring some school buses to have seat belts. But "Ashley's and Alicia's Law" — the result of lobbying by Brown, Forman and other Texas parents — is now in limbo because of a Texas Education Agency contention that it isn't really mandatory because the Legislature cut the money to pay for it by two-thirds.

Yep- those 'liberals' running the Texas government.......
Texas DID cut the education budget but liberal teacher unions did NOT suffer.
Liberal run schools as most are cut the amount spent on child safety.

That's odd. Texas does not allow teacher's unions.

Forum List

Back