Seat Belts On School Buses?

A rash of accidents this month taking lives and crippling kids. Liberal run school districts say it would be to much of a pain in the ass to make kids wear belts. Did that work for you in your state? Liberals say it would take MAJOR legislation to enforce a seat belt law for school buses.
Did that work for you? Liberals say it would cost to much money to install belts on buses. Did that work for you?

Since about 1963 cars, trucks and motorhomes have been required to have seat belts. In most states you can get a ticket for not using them. So liberals fighting increasing the safety of children ends not only at PRE birth with abortion but POST birth with safety. Because of liberals our children are roughly half a century behind just everyday folks.

And the very reasons they are giving us FOR having to do it are just the opposite of the reasons they use for not doing it. I guess liberals only protect those who pay taxes or use benefits eh?

The party of family values.
Only if your values include killing children.

Fury

Schoolbuses are designed to function best without seatbelts, moron. Why are conservatives so fucking stupid?
Well fuck face they don't function to well when they roll over now do they?

How often does that occur?

Per year
6 dead kids on bus
800 dead kids using other ways to school
Seatbelts work differently on bus vs car
Seatbelts do damage of their own. Picture two dozen kids strapped to their seats in a turned over bus
Buses designed to protect without belts

Flying out of your seat and being thrown around causes injuries. How does that not happen on a bus when it's in an accident?

A rash of accidents this month taking lives and crippling kids. Liberal run school districts say it would be to much of a pain in the ass to make kids wear belts. Did that work for you in your state? Liberals say it would take MAJOR legislation to enforce a seat belt law for school buses.
Did that work for you? Liberals say it would cost to much money to install belts on buses. Did that work for you?

Since about 1963 cars, trucks and motorhomes have been required to have seat belts. In most states you can get a ticket for not using them. So liberals fighting increasing the safety of children ends not only at PRE birth with abortion but POST birth with safety. Because of liberals our children are roughly half a century behind just everyday folks.

And the very reasons they are giving us FOR having to do it are just the opposite of the reasons they use for not doing it. I guess liberals only protect those who pay taxes or use benefits eh?

Fury

Schoolbuses are designed to function best without seatbelts, moron. Why are conservatives so fucking stupid?

How often does it need to occur for 50 year old systems are up graded?

Per year
6 dead kids on bus
Seatbelts do damage of their own. Picture two dozen kids strapped to their seats in a turned over bus

Flying out of your seat and being thrown around causes injuries. How does that not happen on a bus when it's in an accident?

I've explained pretty thoroughly in this very thread.

Fury

See the following link:

http://transportation.ky.gov/Highway-Safety/Documents/SchoolBus.pdf

My state has the worst and third worst accidents involving buses in history. In neither scenario would seat belts have saved anyone. The first victims burned and in the second they drowned.

Fury

See the following link:

My state has the worst and third worst accidents involving buses in history. In neither scenario would seat belts have saved anyone. The first victims burned and in the second they drowned.
But roll overs and tip overs it would help. A 20 lap belt should last the life of the bus. How many kids do you get to protect for that 20?

Per year
6 dead kids on bus

I've explained pretty thoroughly in this very thread.

So when a bus crashes and particularly when it rolls, kids don't fall out of their seats?

See the following link:

But roll overs and tip overs it would help. A 20 lap belt should last the life of the bus. How many kids do you get to protect for that 20?

How many will be injured by those same belts being used as weapons?

How much are you willing to pay in salary for the bus monitors that would be required to handle the seat belts for younger children?

See the following link:

How much are you willing to pay in salary for the bus monitors that would be required to handle the seat belts for younger children?
Those using them as weapons can be banned from the bus and take up walking.
Children learn by school age to buckle a belt.

See the following link:

Easier said than done in both cases.

How do you ensure that the students keep the seat belts buckled? My grandsons are checked by the bus monitor after they are seated and buckled in. Someone has to watch them.

See the following link:

How do you ensure that the students keep the seat belts buckled? My grandsons are checked by the bus monitor after they are seated and buckled in. Someone has to watch them.
Nothing wrong with a second adult on the bus.

See the following link:

Nothing wrong with a second adult on the bus.

Then run for your local school board, put seat belts on your buses, pay the bus monitors and stop complaining! Good luck in your quest!

My school district has done all of those things.

Forum List

Back